| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General > Quake Live
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Quake Live

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quake Live
    Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by WOPR-1

Yeah on PS3 I use the controller/mouse combo.  I really can't believe how bad my aim is now!  I used to play ut99 all the time and I wasn't godly but I'd be in the top 5 in most servers...and now....phhht...bottom of the barrel baby.

Now I can see why u had to stop PS3 UT3 to play this...probably takes weeks of adjustment.
im thinkin the same thing used to dominate on ut99 but i do remeber it took a week or 2 to get used to
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 5:22pm
it took me about 2weeks to get my aim un-ps3'd, it wouldnt be accurate on a ps3 anymore but my pc aim is back, and its very nice which im happy about, after coming back to the pc i couldnt hit ****, i thought my aim was gone. it just needed practice tho
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 7:09pm
crazy thought but can we run it on ps3 browser
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by -3ncoRe

crazy thought but can we run it on ps3 browser

I didn't think about that!...lol  Gotta try that!
None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 9:11pm
nope, its only windows compatible, linux and mac soon but you wont be able to run it on a browser on the ps3 anyhow
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 9:25pm
well maybe you can deadaim because you ps3 supports linux (mine has linux on it) you can play roms on ps3 if u have linux on it.. so all you would have to do is follow the same steps u did on ur normal pc when its available for linux
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

well maybe you can deadaim because you ps3 supports linux (mine has linux on it) you can play roms on ps3 if u have linux on it.. so all you would have to do is follow the same steps u did on ur normal pc when its available for linux

no the ps3 has a hypervisor that prevents any access to the gpu from a linux operating system, so you wouldnt be able to run it
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 10:23pm
ohhhh yeah, now that u mention it I do remember reading about that hypervisor thing.  It's been a while but from what I remember no one has come close to a hack for that.  Oh well...

Back on the original thing I was talking about...my aim sucking on QL...I'm not so sure it is the PS3 but more movement differences between UT3 vs QL...cuz I played UT3 on my pc for about an hour (I hardly ever play on the PC) and my aim was pretty decent right off the bat and by the end of the hour I felt like I was pretty close to my play on the PS3.  Any aim issues I was having seemed more in the transition from a 50" widscreen to a 20" PC monitor.  Maybe it's just me but it seems like it's more a UT3 vs QL thing as opposed to PS3 vs PC.

None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
ME_REAPER View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote ME_REAPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 1:53am
whats everyones name on quakelive i just signed up im of coarse ME_REAPER
WE ARE THE MEs
iAM_KayoticKilla View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Father of 3

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_KayoticKilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 2:54pm
Reaper, go back through the thread yo, there are some names already listed. But mine is KayoticKiller.
iAM_Dedicated, iAM_Dependable, iAM_Dynamic: I Am KayoticKilla
ME_REAPER View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote ME_REAPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 3:41pm
im lazy as hell lol
WE ARE THE MEs
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 3:49pm
i use the alias regulator, its not a normal alias of mine i made it during beta because of an old clan i use to be in called cR (regulators) and ive met alot of ppl during the beta so ive kept using the name so ppl know who i am
Team iAM
Team iAM
Father of 3

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_KayoticKilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 1:57pm

You Dea, I need your help sir. I probably made a big mistake here, but I signed up for the GB Quake Live Singles ladder. What kind of advice/pointers/advanced moves can you give me?

Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 4:46pm

map control is everything man.. even more so then a ut3 1on1, where someone who doesnt know the map as well will lose 40-0, where as in ut3 they might acctually stand a chance or atleast put up a few kills.

the speed in quake live + bunny hopping = a great player can get somewhere on the map about 3-5 times faster then a player who just runs to that spot, so gotta learn to bunny hop and gotta learn the maps

Team iAM
Team iAM
Father of 3

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_KayoticKilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 6:49pm
is there a certain button combination for bunny hopping that I need to press? Also, would you recommend key binding the weapons? Right now, I'm using the mouse wheel as my weapon selection option.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2009 at 10:39pm
anyone seriously intrested in quake live, theres a bunch of ladders open. besides the ones on gamebattles, theres also some big ones on GGL.com (one of the biggest tourney sites for the pc). i just joined a team on these ladders.. Paramount Gaming.

Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 2:17pm
i got to play the best gamer in the world yesterday, "fatal1ty" ( no i am not talking about the goofy ass on ps3 who stole his name and somehow considers it a tribute to him.. i hate ppl who jack ppls names)

anyhow i got a few sick kills on him recorded, but he is truly the best gamer in the world and he makes bookoo bucks off gaming, if you dont know who fatal1ty is yet google him or something

i can say ive owned the best in the world.. can you ? :)
DahR34LxNeWbi3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DahR34LxNeWbi3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 2:35pm
You i can never get past that stupid placement test. Tried everything i read in those forums but nothing. So all i do is just keep 15-0 crush day after day till i got tired and gave up.

Hey Deadaim, you know much about quake live, any suggestions.

And i do know fatal1ty and socrates and toxic and all them guys. Well actually i just heard about them dont really know them. 
Signature
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 4:58am
anyone still play this?
Team iAM
Team iAM
Father of 3

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_KayoticKilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 7:29pm
I haven't played in awhile, but would like to get back into it. I really need someone to show me the in's and out's of Quake Live as I've never played any of the previous versions.
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 8:03pm
i could possible show u the ropes in quake live. im quite new but im well above decent due to skilled players that also taught me. aka TiLter :>
name_is_clantag
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234