| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Server Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ps3 server admin in game?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Noob
Noob

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote luc76985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ps3 server admin in game?
    Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 12:06pm
I run the TDM server DoubleRainbow.  I've noticed a few people who regularly enter the server and then go AFK indefinitely, essentially holding a spot at 0 points for match after match after match.

Does anyone else who operates a ps3 server know how to set up admin privileges in game, so if I am on and I see the above happening I can kick people?  Otherwise, I have to restart the server, which sucks when there are 8 or so other people in there playing. 

Clanwarz hosts my server.  They have a forum topic on this question here: http://www.clanwarz.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=765 but I use controller, no tilda key available.  And I haven't figured out any way by pressing start or select or whatever to bring up an admin password prompt in game.

Anyhow.  Has anyone else figured this out? 
Dr4g0v View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil
Stinger Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr4g0v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 12:21pm
The only way is too lock your server with a pas$word then you can kick people who su.ck. For the AFK, (i'm not sure) but you can put something, speak with qwertyu42, he probally know how to kick automatically AFK players if they don't have points after 10min.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 9:32am

in the .ini file change kickliveidlers to True. Then change the max idle time. Mine is set for 4 minutes (240 seconds) so the setting looks like this: 240.000000. I have a Midnight Gaming server but it should be the same as a Clanwarz server. If not ask Jibba or Aqua. Oh and if you want to test it out you will need another live person in the server or it won't kick you.

You can only use admin when your server is locked. Enter in a password for the players and enter a separate password in the admin part of the control panel and check the box. Then you can enter the game as the admin. Just remember that everyone who is already in game will see an announcemnet that you have entered the game as the admin.
 Post Reply Post Reply