| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Custom Content
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Unreal Technology

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote WaRHore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unreal Technology
    Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 3:51pm
I wanted to start a developers thread for people who are interested in creating custom content for Unreal Tournament 3. Now this content can be a simple Level, Character/Vehicles with animations or custom animations for existing characters and vehicles. As some of you may have seen the movies on Youtube you can even create movies using the Unreal Editor. Now some of you maybe saying whats the Unreal Editor, especially if you are only a console player. UnrealEd allows you to edit level. While you can edit a lot of stuff in other 3Dmodeling software (3DS Max, Maya, Blender) you have to put your level together in UnrealEd. UnrealEd is not ultimate solution and if you want to have custom models in your level, you'll have to model them in those 3rd party applications. The purpose of UnrealEd is to shape basics of your level (BSP Geometry and/or terrain), to allow you to place all your static meshes, to set up lighting, sound effects, bot pathing and other aspects that your level does consist of. I will be posting here frequently with information and resources such as websites,books,and UDN Epic's own developers page.Anything covering custom content creation for the Unreal Ed as its commonly called. I also plan to post any updates for my own exisitng or future projects.

Links to resource sites:

Can We sticky this please??? 
iAM_xplorer2233 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Stair Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_xplorer2233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 7:06pm
warhore your way to smart to hang out with me anymore
"Since we like to travel she let us run a train."
WaRHore View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaRHore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 10:21pm
Hahaha nah I've been tinkering with the Unreal Ed since UT2004. Its not that I'm smart I'm just a wicked procrastinator. I should have done like a 100 maps by now. But posting this may get someone interested in helping me out making some maps and keep the fire under my a$$.
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 12:36am
yo i just start learning maya in one of my classes so i'm not that good yet, but i'm getting there. althought if you need someone to do character designing or landscape layouts i'm your man
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
WaRHore View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaRHore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 1:18am
I heard that Autodesk may be releasing the PLE version of Maya. Its a free student version that allows you to use all the tools of Maya except whe nyuo render your scenes it has a PLE watermark acroossed it. But if you look hard enough you can find a commercial version somewhere on the net.
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 1:54am
i've been trying to find it through torrrent websites but no such luck i keep getting bs copies of maya
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
WaRHore View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaRHore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 3:12am
You have to go to the Bay!!! Before it closes. Search Maya 2009
WaRHore View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaRHore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 8:08pm
For those interested in Mod authoriung for the Unreal Engine. There are two books coming out in may by the guiys over at www.3dbuzz.com. They released a book for Ut2004 which was very indepth. Hre is the link to amazon.com listings. http//www.amazon.com/Mastering-Unreal-Technology-Introduction-Design/dp/0672329913/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1236463348&sr=1-1
 Post Reply Post Reply