| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Custom Content
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Custom DM/ Duel/ Elimination/ Bombing Run Servers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom DM/ Duel/ Elimination/ Bombing Run Servers
    Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 6:36pm
Okay.  So, I've finally decided to make my own thread for this and stop cluttering Xerxes' Custom TDM thread with the slightly off-topic talk about custom DM servers.  Obviously, I won't be doing this all time, but I will do it every now and then, but like I said in his thread, I'll be hosting matches with a fairly large list of normal/ custom maps.  Anyways, I'm going to list all the maps that'll be on the list so you know what to get..

Oh, and I think I'll also do a poll sometime later, so we can have a select group of maps, making it quicker to set up the matches..  Anyways..

Abandoned
ALRexa
Castle_12 - Vehiclular combat.. in DM!
Campgrounds2k8
Cath
Conveyor
Cube_Madness
Devils_Playground
DG-NecrisIsland
DG-Tempered
DG-Waterfall-SE
DG-Tomac-WE
Elevation
FragPipe_2k8
Garden of Dreams
Grand-Diablo
Greenhouse
Habor
Judithv130
Krodan-PS3

LSD_Reloaded - The improved version of Rising Sun.
Necore
Odysseus
Sharlow Street
Steam Temple
Tempest X Betav4
Throne

Tiberium-SE
-Subject to be dropped (after hearing several people say that they didn't like it and it might lag too much.)

Maybe Duel-only

Wizard - one of my most favorite Halo 1 maps

Duel-only

DG-1on1-OutofGas

Bombing Run Maps

Heros of Anubis
Laambos_BlackIce
Laambos_HolyCrapOla
Sanctuary
Spacestation
TR-FacingWorlds
TR-Roundabout
TR-Suspense
TR-TwinTombs
Voidy_Thorns
{AW} Hardcourt

Almost all of the maps can be found on ut3mod.com.  The ones that are not found there (Tomac and Steam Temple) are listed in Xerxes' TDM thread.

http://www.ut3mod.com/search/label/DEATHMATCH%20MAPS?max-results=10
http://www.ut3mod.com/search/label/BOMBING%20RUN%20MAPS?max-results=10

Anyways, this is just a list of the various maps I have and will be hosting.  I'm not exactly sure what's good yet, (I need to test them a bit more.), but as we go, I might add or subtract from this list.  Most of the maps that I got from ut3mod were rated almost 4 stars and above.  So, like Xerxes, Tri, and others were aiming at, let's get to playing these maps and modes and work on building a longer lasting and less stale community.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 5:06pm
I just got bombing run and going to get some maps now :)
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by ICN_Danjel8

I just got bombing run and going to get some maps now :)

Dude, welcome to the club. I love bombing run and have been playing it for months now. It's awesome and difficult with good players in there. When I get 2.0, I'll join you.
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 7:38pm
Another reason I so can't wait for the patch.  I sure hope this leads to more Bombing Run servers or at least more people looking for them because if I can get people to join them, I'll put them.  Lately, I've been a bit lazy with creating servers, namely because I keep getting invites and going into T-H-E Server VCTF matches.  I'll get back to that soon, but I think I'm going to veer off into other games (Time-Shift demo, Killzone 2 demo, Midnight Club: LA, and maybe LBP) during the next week, every other day or so.
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 7:41pm
I thought fragpipe was kinda fun, until i got annoyed when i kept falling into the goo pits =(
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 7:44pm
I'm not sure if this was possible before but since I downloaded bombing run and all over death match I can search for those types on games specifically online... this may have been available before but just thought I would mention it.

The facing worlds bombing run must be solid! The suspense one has a few glitches that could be exploited but overall I quite enjoyed it.
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 8:11pm
Facing Worlds is one of my more favorite Bombing Run maps, but I have yet to try Suspense.  I wish there more bigger maps btw.. though Hardcourt's probably the best of the smaller ones.  It might have a limited arsenal, but it sure can be challenging and that was against bots.. then again, the bots tend to have super-human accuracy and where hitting me from all the way at their respawn on the other side and when I got the orb, I had pretty much the whole team (4 Skilled bots) shooting at me and as soon as I got killed, the orb kept flying back towards our base.  Other favorites so far are Heros of Anubis, Twin Tombs, and Spacestation.
 Post Reply Post Reply