Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

New Castlevania vid.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote sickboogiemurder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Castlevania vid.
    Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 6:49pm
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/28/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-trailer-lays-it-all-out/#continued
Total God of War rip off when it comes to gameplay.   Still looks decently fun tho.
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 7:44pm
God of War changed the video game industry.
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 9:26pm
man this is just beautiful god of war/dante's inferno/ shadow of colosuss rip off but still beautiful
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 8:36am
i miss great castlevania games.....
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 5:11pm
'Bout 5 hours into the game, and about 1/8th the way through the story, about 1/16th of the trials, and pretty impressed. IGN gave it a 7.5, which is utter sh1t. It resembles God of War, but not enough to feel like a rip off. I would call it a mix of GoW, Dantes Inferno, Shadow of the Collosus, Demon's Souls, Lord of the Rings, and Patrick fuc king Stewart. It's really has nothing to do with Castlevania canon. Gameplay is pretty damn good, Combat is fun, lots a combos, platforming, swinging. 2D areas feel like a nice allusion to the old side scrollers.   
The frame rate does drop here an there, nothing too bad, probably down to 30 fps, but overall smooth. I also feel the pacing is a little drawn out on a few levels. The first chapter is learning basic gameplay, which I feel is sometimes non-existent, leaving you to figure it out.
SCORING
Graphics- 9.   Amazing graphics, set pieces are gorgeous, enemy models are great, a few character models could have used some work.
Sound- 7.5. Score is nice, but a little lax when I believe it needed it. Patrick Stewart is the narrator; he could narrate some guy raping me is the a$$ and I would be intrigued!!!
Gameplay- 8.75. Doesn't do anything too original, but does it fairly well. The combat is what I'd call the adult version of God of War, you can't sit back an mash buttons waiting for baddies to die, the Light and Shadow magic also make the combat considerably more deep of an experience than most games of this genre.
Dialogue- 8. Not much to mention here, it's solid, doesn't lose you within the story, but again doesn't break new grounds either.
Replayability- 8 . Each level upon completion opens up a trial for each level. Allowing you to revisit areas for a chance @ new items, and places earlier unaccessible. With 6-9 levels per chapter over 12 chapters, can see myself with a good 30 hours sunk into this game.
Overall- 8.75. I recommend this game! ;) If you like button mashers set in the world of Van Helsen, Lord of the Rings, with a Demon's Souls feel, a Star Trek narrative, over 18 hours of stunning vistas, then this is it; that is if your not some Castlevania fanboy who will not stand for the bastardization of the Castlevania name, or if your a GoW elitist who thinks GoW was the first of it's kind. Regards, -L.
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
 Post Reply Post Reply