| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > I'm So Smart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Bees Vs Hornets who will win

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Payaso En La Casa!

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Payaso-X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bees Vs Hornets who will win
    Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 9:20pm
"F*** You Gumby"
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 3:27pm
So reverse Thermopylae.
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Payaso-X View Drop Down
Payaso En La Casa!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Payaso-X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 5:40pm

lol but no leonidas 

"F*** You Gumby"
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 7:26pm
Jap hornets are badass
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 8:03pm
i watched this cool doc about bees and hornets.. they had these hornets that would attack honey bee nests and it showed the honey bees tricking the hornets into running in their nest and the honey bees would would get on top of the hornet and vibrate their wings creating just enough heat to kill the hornets.. it was awesome

edit: that could be the vid you posted, but i'm too lazy to watch it
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 8:14pm
I just looked hornet up on the wiki and while it can be edited by anyone, I noticed the same thing Tuna just mentioned.

This (the Hornet scout's worst nightmare):

Never mind the stinging, it both raises the temperature around the hornet and creates a lot of carbon dioxide around the hornet.  Along with the temperature, they really can't tolerate the carbon dioxide.  It was said that some believe that the overload of carbon dioxide kills the hornet, not necessarily the temperature.

The European bees don't have such a defense system though, so if this happens to them, they generally just get ****d, like in the video.  The Japanese or whatever tried bringing European honey bees in, but their colonies just get decimated.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 8:17pm
i actually heard that the honey bees can withstand a couple of degrees more heat than the hornets can
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 8:46pm
That's a fat ass hornet!   HAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

i actually heard that the honey bees can withstand a couple of degrees more heat than the hornets can

Same here
Although this is unrelated, it looks really cool:
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 2:48pm
looks like skeletor laid a turd.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 3:18pm
Minute 1:20 to 1:25 one honey bee to the other. "Forrest, I can't feel my legs." (The other bee) "Bubba, thats cause they ain't there."
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 4:07pm
Forrest Gump FTW ^^^^
Payaso-X View Drop Down
Payaso En La Casa!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Payaso-X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by HanFei

Originally posted by TuNA FISh

Same here
Although this is unrelated, it looks really cool:
again what the f*** is that
"F*** You Gumby"
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Milly

Minute 1:20 to 1:25 one honey bee to the other. "Forrest, I can't feel my legs." (The other bee) "Bubba, thats cause they ain't there."
LOL
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 7:54pm
Yah know Zell, that kinda looks the a weird bugged out Zellot from StarCraft.. and the thing on the bottom is a Zerg hatchling.
Payaso-X View Drop Down
Payaso En La Casa!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Payaso-X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 8:45pm
ohhh yeah duh! i remember now lol
"F*** You Gumby"
 Post Reply Post Reply