| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Call of Duty > Black Op's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Perks & Killstreaks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote LimitlessMonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perks & Killstreaks
    Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 6:33pm
Call of Duty: Black Ops - Perks

These are the confirmed perks list for CoD: Black Ops.

Tier 1

Tier 1 perks will allow you to control the way your character looks in game.

Lightweight
Standard: Allows you to move faster.
Pro: No falling damage.

Scavenger
Standard: Resupply your ammo from the dead.
Pro: Extra magazines and the ability to replenish tactical grenades.

Ghost
Standard: Undetectable to enemy spy planes and blackbirds.
Pro: Undetectable to enemy aircraft and infrared devices.

Flak Jacket
Standard: Decreases explosive damage (similar to CoD: WaW).
Pro: + reduces fire damage and adds the ability to reset the fuse of a thrown grenade.

Hardline
Standard: Decreases the number of kills needed for a killstreak.
Pro: Player gets a second chance on the result of care packages.

Tier 2

Tier 2 perks will allow you to control the way your character kills players in the game.

Hardened
Standard: Increases bullet penetration.
Pro: Increases bullet damage to killstreaks and less recoil when shot at.

Scout
Standard: Allows you to hold your breath longer when scoping.
Pro: Switch between weapons faster.

Steady Aim
Standard: Increases hip-fire accuracy.
Pro: Decrease in recovery times when sprinting and knifing.

Sleight of Hand
Standard: Faster reloading (similar to MW2).
Pro: Faster aiming down non-scoped weapon sights.

Warlord
Standard: Allows to attachments on your primary weapon. (similar to MW2 bling).
Pro: Start with an extra grenade.

Tier 3

Tier 3 perks will allow you to control the way your character acts/plays like in the game.

Marathon
Standard: Increases the player's sprinting distance.
Pro: Unlimited sprinting distance (similar to MW2).

Ninja
Standard: Allows the player to move silently.
Pro: Enemy footsteps are louder and you're completely silent.

Second Chance
Standard: Ability to go into last stand and pull out a pistol. Also lets you revive downed players, even if they don't have second chance enabled.
Pro: You can survive longer and any team mate can revive you.

Hacker
Standard: Player can detect enemy equipment (similar to SitRep MW2).
Pro: Allows you to booby trap enemy care packages.

Tactical Mask
Standard: Less effect from enemy flash grenades.
Pro: Reduces the effect of gas grenades and reveals the stunned enemy's location.

My fav perk out of all those has to be the hacker perk, looks & sounds so cool. If i had to choice a personal fav out of each Tier, i would have the Ghost Perk from Tier 1, Hardened Park from Tier 2 section & the Hacker perk from Tier 3.
Will update my sig when something worth while deserves to be here.
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 7:15pm
Good $h!t Monster...Less than 2 weeks away... =)
LimitlessMonster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LimitlessMonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 8:14pm

Originally posted by Do_Or_Die_420

Good $h!t Monster...Less than 2 weeks away... =)

Cheers, :D.

Here are the COD/BO Killstreak info

Spy Plane – 3 Kills needed (no COD points needed to be brought to get killstreak from shop)

This killstreak allows for enemy players to be shown on the mini-map (Spy Plane can be shoot down with rocket)

RC-XD – 3 Kills needed (1200 COD points need to be brought from the shop to get killstreak)

Remote controlled car, with explosives attached to it (Can be shot at with 1 bullet to be destroyed and does have a 30 Second to 1 min time limit I think)     

Counter Spy Plane – 4 Kills needed (1600 COD points need to be brought from the shop to get killstreak)

Will disable view of enemy mini map for a limited time

SAM Turret – 4 Kills needed (1600 COD points need to be brought from the shop to get killstreak)

Air drops in a place able SAM Turret/Missile that will destroys enemy aircrafts

Care Package – 5 Kills needed (no COD points needed to be brought from shop for this killstreak)

Airdrops in a random killstreak or Special weapon or ammo

Napalm Strike – 5 Kills needed (2400 COD points need to be brought from the shop to get killstreak)

An air strike that covers an area of map in fire which will burn for a limited amount of time

Sentry Gun – 6 kills needed (3200 COD points need to be brought from the shop to get killstreak)

Air drops in an automatic sentry gun.

Mortar Team - 6 kills needed (3200 COD points need to be brought from the shop to get killstreak)

Allows you to set up 3 locations on mini map for you to send in 3 mortar strikes aka Predator like missiles from MW2 (Uncontrollable)

Attack Helicopter – 7 Kills needed (no COD points needed to be brought to get killstreak from shop)

Allows you to call in a Cobra attack Helicopter, but unlike Mw2 it will not go all around the map as the gamer has the pick 1 location for the helicopter to hover over (Can be destroyed & non controllable)

Valkyrie Rockets – 7 kills needed (4000 COD points need to be brought from the shop to get killstreak)

Airs drops in a Rocket Launcher with 2 remote controlled rockets. (There is a cool neat feature in the game called “Dive” Which if a rockets going in low you can dive over it to avoid it, not sure how it works or button combo used to do it but I know its there as seen it done in a video)

Blackbird – 8 Kills needed (4500 COD points need to be brought from the shop to get killstreak)

Calls in a SR-71 Blackbird Plane, which reveals enemies & their directions on the mini map (Not same as the Spy Plane, as Spy Plane shows the enemies on map bit by bit whilst Black Bird shows them in real time all time for as long as its up & it can NOT be destroyed by rockets)

Rolling Thunder – 8 Kills needed (4500 COD points need to be brought from the shop to get killstreak)

Calls in a B-52 that will drop loads of bombs in a single line in 1 strike

Chopper Gunner – 9 Kills needed (5000 COD points need to be brought from the shop to get killstreak)

Controllable door-mounted mini gun from inside a Huey Helicopter (Can be shot down by enemy rocket)

Attack Dogs – 11 Kills needed (6000 COD points need to be brought from the shop to get killstreak)

Calls in a pack of vicious attacks dogs (Think I’m right in saying that the dogs don’t like water so have to hide in the water until they leave to not get killed from them as 1 or 2 bites will kill you)

Gunship – 11 Kills needed (6000 COD points need to be brought from the shop to get killstreak)

Control/pilot a Hind attack helicopter, which has rockets & machine gun attached to it (Can be shot down by enemy missiles/rockets)

Must admit i love the different viarity you get with all the killstreaks there, really want to try out the attack dogs killstreak award most of all though. I guess you can have 3 kills streaks set up & everyone starts with the same 3 killstreaks (Spy Plane, Care Package & Attack Helicopter)   

Also random info on game you can move stuff like Claymore after they have been set, any time you want in the game to, which is 1 of the neatest quirks in this game imho.

Sk-iller View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sk-iller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 8:18am
Information overload - I just buss a load - ohhhh Black Ops, i can't wait!
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 5:18am

- Sleight of hand is disabled for the sniper class.
- Tactical insertions are disabled for all free for all games including all the playlists that work with the new COD currency system. (no boosting for money )
- Noobtubes do not reload with scavenger, they are the most expensive attachment in the game.
-COMMANDO is gone!
LimitlessMonster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LimitlessMonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by TX2k7

- Sleight of hand is disabled for the sniper class.
- Tactical insertions are disabled for all free for all games including all the playlists that work with the new COD currency system. (no boosting for money )
- Noobtubes do not reload with scavenger, they are the most expensive attachment in the game.
-COMMANDO is gone!
Very cool video, love the tweaks that been installed on the game you listed underneath TX2k7, it give game better balance imo.

I cant wait try out the attack dog killstreak on some poor gamer lol

Also other notes in that video, the attack helicoptor spins around very quickly & think when bullet came from it, the player CrossBow was used as a sorta sheild and hit that instead of player, and read right, expolsive bow can be used to take down the attack helicoptor, very neat.
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 9:10pm
ya i think those tweaks are a good move, espescially with the noobtubes (tho im sure some ppl will be complaining over that)

i remember calln in the dogs in WaW, haha cant wait to see the new war dogs hunting u down
 Post Reply Post Reply