| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Server Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ps3 ut3 server hosts?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Noob
Noob

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote luc76985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ps3 ut3 server hosts?
    Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 7:14pm
alright, i closed my server a month ago (which was hosted by clanwarz), regretted it, and went to re-open it yesterday.  of course i have to start over from scratch, but it turns out the guy who used to troubleshoot and help setup ps3 ut3 servers no longer works with clanwarz, and they are telling me they dont have the time to help, and at best can just refund my money. 

so dont try getting a new server with them.  which brings me to...who can i get a server with, since i still want one?   anyone recommend a place? 
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 7:37pm
wow, they said that?

from the Service Level Agreement on their own site just now pasted:
Support

Our clients receive instant server related help 24 hours a day, via the Online Instant Messenger.
Our clients can reach us by phone at 1-618-207-3806

soo.. i think that says they're pretty much obliged to help you?
note that, due to my timezone, that chat was barely ever filled for me :P but emailing responded within a few hours usually

btw. i liked my clanwarz server, even though i didnt really need their support, idk if midnightgaming.net is better
luc76985 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote luc76985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 7:39pm
i liked the one i had before too, im really disappointed.  but i guess they are shorthanded.  they werent harsh about or anything, they just told me they didn't have time, directed me to some forums, and offered me a refund.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 12:18am
I call B.S. If they don't have time for you then they don't have time for anyone else, you're a paying customer and therefore should have equal rights. It's their responsibility to assist you and help you get a server going.

I would try calling back and if they give you the same crap ask for a supervisor, that is if you want to mess with it anymore.
qwertyu42 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote qwertyu42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 8:07am
Hi all. Same problem here with Clanwarz unfortunately. The qwertyu42.uk server is hosted by them at the moment and service has gone through the floor. I am waiting to see what to do, but after reading above, it sounds like I'm just waiting to get the "...we don't have time to help" message as well :-(

They told be at first that Seth, their main "UT3 server for PS3" man was moving house, then yesterday, they told me he no longer works there.

Failing Clanwarz, where else to go - anyone got any suggestions?
luc76985 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote luc76985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 10:27am
I've done some googling, and based on that and the suggestion above, have found two options:

Art of War Central (http://artofwarcentral.com)
Midnight Gaming (http://midnightgaming.net)

Midnight Gaming is the only one I've seen vouched for by people who use it.  I contacted them both last night to see if they'll be able to help out and am just waiting on a reply.  I'll update when I know more, but maybe we can come up with more options in the meantime.
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 11:48am
only person i know of who used art of war complained about the service :p
qwertyu42 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote qwertyu42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 3:28pm
Thanks guys for the suggestions. I'll contact midnightgaming (a rather accurate description really!) and let you know how it goes.
qwertyu42 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote qwertyu42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 6:36pm
midnightgaming don't do UK (or EU as far as I can see) hosting, but artofwarcentral do, so looks like I have limited options at the moment for UK hosting of a UT3 server for PS3
luc76985 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote luc76985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 7:47pm
there might be some more options, id keep looking into it.  i contacted art of war last night, and haven't heard back.  its been a good 24 hours, so that isnt the best sign. 

Midnight Gaming told me they only host out of DC and Atlanta, due to some OS constraints.  I'm tempted to see what my ping is from Atlanta.  I'm going to look into it a little more tonight and make a decision.  I still haven't heard of/found any other hosts...but I am going to guess there are others out there.  I'll update if/when I learn any more.
qwertyu42 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote qwertyu42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 8:21pm
Thanks. You should know the Clanwarz guy in online now as I type. He's connected to my PC and on my Clanwarz server looking into the problems - he's deffo trying hard to fix things.
qwertyu42 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote qwertyu42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 9:14pm
OK, probably nobody there for these "live" updates... but just in case...

The Clanwarz guy has been working on my problem for around 3 hours now, and has got it sorted. It was a weird one (DNS routing tables and that kind of stuff!) but he stuck at it and saw it through. In doing so, he has brought my thinking back from moving to another provider and saved the day. I'll stick with Clanwarz for a while longer.

Mr Clanwarz did acknowledge they have had a couple of, shall we call it, staffing problems, but I hope this will be sorted soon. Time will tell I guess.
luc76985 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote luc76985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 12:18pm
Midnight Gaming offered me a trial for a few days, so I'm going to take them up on that and see how it goes.  They have to be pretty confident to offer that, so chances are I'll keep it.

Glad Clanwarz could step up for you...I was a little jealous! 

But if Midnight Gaming doesn't work out, or if I just come across other hosts, I'll update here.  Thanks for the info and suggestions.
qwertyu42 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote qwertyu42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by luc76985

Midnight Gaming offered me a trial for a few days, so I'm going to take them up on that and see how it goes.  They have to be pretty confident to offer that, so chances are I'll keep it.
Good luck with that and yes please, keep us posted on how things go. Feedback on hosting providers such as this is good to know.

Glad Clanwarz could step up for you...I was a little jealous! 
Thanks - I know what you mean. Not only did they do all this... they even restored all of the custom maps!! Fab service really... and eventually!!

But if Midnight Gaming doesn't work out, or if I just come across other hosts, I'll update here.  Thanks for the info and suggestions.
Likewise Smile
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 7:19pm
For future ref:
UT3 Art Of War Central servers for PS3 are the biggest waste of time. They don't have console access just coding. Which in itself is cool cos u get to understand the command script a little better but if u forget to put delimiters/character separators in or code badly and u only pay for 10-12 player access then it registers as 16. Then they get sh1tty and start to warn u - lol. Honestly tho they dont know what theyre doing when setting it up I sorted mine out myself but it went down frequently and u have to wait for them to action - days sometimes. But they run UK based servers so for EU its a better service.
Midnightgaming - no probs whatsoever with service. Fast, friendly and efficient. High ping for UK/EU but they can optimize connection for u to make it as smooth as possible. Also they have lower tick rated servers for a little xtra to improve service. Best console access imo.
Clanwarz offer the best servers for UK/EU. They r the cheapest but they get too b1tchy especially if/when u try to reduce from e.g. 12 - 10 players. And they warn u about custom maps (accused me of crashing server bec of custom maps which was b0ll0ckz). Good console tho.
UMGLEAGUE run PS3 servers for UT3 but they took ages to return enquiry then ignored my questions and told me the cost and time to get server online if I placed an order. No clue what theyre like but I wouldnt fancy handing them some cash - no confidence in their ability.

Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
luc76985 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote luc76985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 3:02pm

thats awesome trinity thanks for the info!  For what its worth, I'll update as well, I've been with Art of War Central for a month now and....the news isnt good.  I went back and forth with their tech people for a solid week before the server even pulled up on the ps3 server list.  I jumped for joy and started having kittens, and then the thing disappeared 5 minutes later.

Then I gave up and now I'm cancelling and wondering if I should try Clanwarz again since they are, to date, the only hosting company that I had ANY luck with whatsoever (Midnight Gaming tried but failed, too). 
Im pondering giving up altogether, but I really liked having a server when I did and wish I hadn't gotten rid of it. 
PSN - luc76985
XBL - Simon Zoe
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 4:23pm

thats awesome trinity thanks for the info!  For what its worth, I'll update as well, I've been with Art of War Central for a month now and....the news isnt good.  I went back and forth with their tech people for a solid week before the server even pulled up on the ps3 server list.  I jumped for joy and started having kittens, and then the thing disappeared 5 minutes later.

Then I gave up and now I'm cancelling and wondering if I should try Clanwarz again since they are, to date, the only hosting company that I had ANY luck with whatsoever (Midnight Gaming tried but failed, too). 
Im pondering giving up altogether, but I really liked having a server when I did and wish I hadn't gotten rid of it. 
Luc honestly I know what u mean I really miss not having a server. TBH Id sneak back into bed with Clanwarz but they banned me bec I rubbished them. I got p1ssed when they took my money then let me down (or so i thought) when I promised PcX the server for a clan match. Turned out the damn password and set up message had been filtered as spam but i kept on requesting for them to set it up. Anyway I reduced the server to 10 from 12 players and they said it would be adjusted in a months time (I suspect incompetence or deliberate misleading info as I asked for it before the month was up). Anyway a few opinionated but not nasty or confrontational emails later they pulled my server, returned my money and told me to I was banned for life - no warning just like bam! Honestly theyre a bunch of sensitive puss1es but compared to AoWC theyre a god send. Whats up with MG?
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
luc76985 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote luc76985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 10:53am
MG seemed liked they'd be great, they even offered to host the server for a trial period for free.  But again...the server never came up.  It just never appeared on any of the server lists.  I couldn't figure out what the problem was, and neither could the tech people, but to be fair I only gave it a half-hearted effort with MG because I was already frustrated.
So, I don't know, looking at the forums here and a couple other places it seems like maybe I've just had bad luck, because other people seem to have had better customer service and smoother tech help experiences than me, and we all seem to be talking about the same companies so, I dont know.  I feel bad saying they didn't work out for me when they may be fine, but its still true I guess.
PSN - luc76985
XBL - Simon Zoe
qwertyu42 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote qwertyu42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 11:05am
Having read the above - Clanwarz !

Maybe not perfect, but certainly I'm getting support and a level of communication with them - at least they respond to my support tickets.
Visit our qwertyu42.uk server from time to time.

Facebook: Querty Jones / qwertyu42@ymail.com
 Post Reply Post Reply