Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Bulletstorm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
[qM]
[qM]

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bulletstorm
    Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 11:13am
i played the demo last night.. had fun for the first 2 mins then i realized i had already pretty much reached all the combos.. the entire game is just running and kicking people and shooting them in air or using your grapple on them..

the aiming was way to easy... pretty much wasnt even aiming..
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 1:21pm
I felt pretty much the same way as Deadaim. After doing the dif kill combos a couple times, what else is there. I'd prob just start running around shooting **** and not doing the combos. I know this was just a demo but they better have some other **** going on in the game or this game will be a big disappointment to a lot of people. I don't see any replay value in the way the demo play was. I'd play through once and never pick it up again. With no competitive multiplayer this would not be something i would buy new or maybe at all. Well maybe if it were used and under $20 and there were no other games i wanted at the time. If they aren't goin to have any competitive multiplayer, i think their making a big mistake releasing this around the same time as KZ3. They should have went with a couple months after or before. I just don't think it can match the KZ name.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 1:25pm
this game leans more towards the gears side so im kinda glad there is no multiplayer
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Deadaim

i played the demo last night.. had fun for the first 2 mins then i realized i had already pretty much reached all the combos.. the entire game is just running and kicking people and shooting them in air or using your grapple on them..

the aiming was way to easy... pretty much wasnt even aiming..

Did you check your control options? When I went under there in the demo it had Auto aim selected. I know that won't change much but I was surprised in a game like that they even have auto aim, because they pretty much run up to you.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Milly

I felt pretty much the same way as Deadaim. After doing the dif kill combos a couple times, what else is there. I'd prob just start running around shooting **** and not doing the combos. I know this was just a demo but they better have some other **** going on in the game or this game will be a big disappointment to a lot of people. I don't see any replay value in the way the demo play was. I'd play through once and never pick it up again. With no competitive multiplayer this would not be something i would buy new or maybe at all. Well maybe if it were used and under $20 and there were no other games i wanted at the time. If they aren't goin to have any competitive multiplayer, i think their making a big mistake releasing this around the same time as KZ3. They should have went with a couple months after or before. I just don't think it can match the KZ name.

lol your last sentence made me laugh, I would hope not!!!
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 1:50pm
yea i dont see why the game would need auto aim.. its like shooting the zombies in cod zombie mode
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

sorry i more meant it can't match its name. I just mean why release your first concept of a shooter against an established series.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 2:02pm
when is it going to be released because KZ3 is being released on 2/22/11.
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 2:44pm
25 Feb in UK! For me this has to be better than Gears for me to pay/play and tbh from what i've seen and what u guys r saying its sub-gears and no online multiplayer. Too many games r just hype.
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 2:48pm

Originally posted by JPINATOR

sorry i more meant it can't match its name. I just mean why release your first concept of a shooter against an established series.

No I understand exactly what you meant, I was just laughing at the comparison.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

25 Feb in UK! For me this has to be better than Gears for me to pay/play and tbh from what i've seen and what u guys r saying its sub-gears and no online multiplayer. Too many games r just hype.

thats true..

worst part about it is.. the game is being made by 'people can fly' (and epic) but 'people can fly' did an excellent job with painkiller online multiplayer.. they didnt try to make a commercial success they made a legit-true-to-old-school style arena deathmatch game focused on competetive play instead of bringing in the masses..

so for their next title to be this piece of crap.. its dissapointing.. i guess ill just blame epic.. they like f***ing **** up!
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 3:16pm

thats true..

worst part about it is.. the game is being made by 'people can fly' (and epic) but 'people can fly' did an excellent job with painkiller online multiplayer.. they didnt try to make a commercial success they made a legit-true-to-old-school style arena deathmatch game focused on competetive play instead of bringing in the masses..

so for their next title to be this piece of crap.. its dissapointing.. i guess ill just blame epic.. they like f***ing **** up!
agreed man, thats whats really fkd up...these ppl have a history for amazing fraggers so it must follow that they r taking the money by selling to the masses for wider participation. A game needs to be exceptional in many ways for gamers to pledge allegiance but EPIC etc think they just have to ship exceptional numbers of the game for them to reach gold platinum status and claim the game is tops. Why dont they talk to clans on gaming sites then tweak/design games to their needs? Variety, competition, skill, excitement, challenge, fun, control, participation = a v.good game imo. Games like COD and Gears dont tick all the boxes for me. This doesnt either!
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 3:22pm

thats true..

agreed man, thats whats really fkd up...these ppl have a history for amazing fraggers so it must follow that they r taking the money by selling to the masses for wider participation. A game needs to be exceptional in many ways for gamers to pledge allegiance but EPIC etc think they just have to ship exceptional numbers of the game for them to reach gold platinum status and claim the game is tops. Why dont they talk to clans on gaming sites then tweak/design games to their needs? Variety, competition, skill, excitement, challenge, fun, control, participation = a v.good game imo. Games like COD and Gears dont tick all the boxes for me. This doesnt either!

exactly.

and for the part of your quote i bolded:
people can fly did exactly this when they made painkiller.. infact the designers came right from the quakeworld community.. which makes this whole situation even worse.. can only trust like 5/200 developers left in this industry

ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 3:58pm

thats true..

exactly.

and for the part of your quote i bolded:
people can fly did exactly this when they made painkiller.. infact the designers came right from the quakeworld community.. which makes this whole situation even worse.. can only trust like 5/200 developers left in this industry

if anything man have like two completely different online experiences.
one thats watered down for casual gamers but then another for competitive gameers.
like what halo 3 had with the mlg settings but more in depth and there from the start of the game
J_Rivers View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Shaft Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote J_Rivers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 8:37pm
I tried the demo as well & like the rest of you, I wasn't too impressed. Epic may have their part in this game, along with their engine, but this game is not UT3 - not by a longshot.
QwEsT View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote QwEsT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by J_Rivers

I tried the demo as well & like the rest of you, I wasn't too impressed. Epic may have their part in this game, along with their engine, but this game is not UT3 - not by a longshot.
Yeah ut3 sucks way more. (Not kidding)
PSN: qwest4victory    A-R_l2eQwEsT
XBL: ViTuHMiN C
Zoltrekun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zoltrekun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 1:16pm
Tried the demo, I'm not impressed. Seems like junk game. Definitely skipping this one.
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 1:26pm
Had a multiplayer section on the demo :S but game is still garbage.

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 2:44pm
I played the demo and...I liked it! Twas fun but it was too easy. I think at £25 [i.e. 3 weeks time] it might not even be enough to invest.
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 12:20pm
yeah this is an EPic fail lol
yo they're guns sound like i'm playing ratchet and clank, and i think epic is testing new **** out with game to see if it'll work in other games cause thats what this feels like to me
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
T2D-QuickRC View Drop Down
Team T2D
Team T2D

Post Options Post Options   Quote T2D-QuickRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 2:31pm
Just played the game at my friends.. its crazy fun there are LOADS more guns to use and there is fvcking HUGE boss's 2 kill. Just been on Amazon to order me a copy! :)
   AM UR REDBULL.. AND LETS FLY AWAY!!
summ3rblink View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote summ3rblink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 2:31am
Originally posted by T2D-QuickRC

Just played the game at my friends.. its crazy fun there are LOADS more guns to use and there is fvcking HUGE boss's 2 kill. Just been on Amazon to order me a copy! :)
can the guy jump in Bulletstorm or is it just walking/running? because when I played the demo, I couldn't find a jump button anywhere (not that I would find one even in UT3 LOL)
gr01n5h07 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote gr01n5h07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by summ3rblink

Originally posted by T2D-QuickRC

can the guy jump in Bulletstorm or is it just walking/running? because when I played the demo, I couldn't find a jump button anywhere (not that I would find one even in UT3 LOL)
There is no jumping.  There is sliding, which can be used to slide under someone, kick them into the air, and do some air combo.  BTW... this is the most violent game I have ever played.
Bots > Me > valjohn > Syzygy
PSN/XBL: gr01n5h07, MLP_gr01n5h07, sHoCkD_ThE_wOrLd, JFF_DuCkTaPe
Team T2D
Team T2D

Post Options Post Options   Quote T2D-QuickRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 4:35pm
VERY TRU!... Scrap Yard FTW "PANCAKE"
Team T2D
Team T2D

Post Options Post Options   Quote T2D-QuickRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 4:37pm
My fave upto nw is "GAG FACTOR" lool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12