| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > UT3 Clan Base > Team JFF General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

duel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Noob
Noob

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JFF_DeeDeeTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: duel
    Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 5:53pm
Dead
I loathe and detest duel. sooo dull and drawn out. especially when i get my big yank arse handed 2 me on a blood soaked silver platter. anybody like warfare? it makes me Censored happy!
Only after the last fish is caught, and the last river poisoned. Only after the last tree's cut will we find that money cannot be EATEN!!
Motou View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Motou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 2:43pm
It'd be nice if for Duel all power ups were turned off, health vials are optional, but with the power ups on it's kinda just whoever can whore the power ups more rather than who's the better player.

And I really hope no one is going to make the argument "getting the shield belt / u-damage the second it spawns is skill!" cause I'm pretty sure most monkeys can do that.
JFF_Motou
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 3:11pm
lol yeah but then again getting it comes down to who has better timing ability and is able to remember and conentrate about the mpa contorl when under pressure from battling a good or better killer.... and it isnt just as simple as who gets it wins... what about the fightout for the belt?...that comes down to skill.. also if people dont like poeple getting the shield belt.... try ur best not to let them get it easy... or if they ndo manage to get the shiled belt... theres always enough armor/health vials around the map to even it out against a player who gets the belt lol.. and u damage isnt really a part of duell.. no regular dueller ever touches it... its meant for dm xD lol
WaR View Drop Down
Team PRO
Team PRO

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Motou

It'd be nice if for Duel all power ups were turned off, health vials are optional, but with the power ups on it's kinda just whoever can whore the power ups more rather than who's the better player.

And I really hope no one is going to make the argument "getting the shield belt / u-damage the second it spawns is skill!" cause I'm pretty sure most monkeys can do that.

u damage??? u shouldnt be posting if u dont duel,, nobody grabs that sh*t unless its MotouBig smile
j-k but it does take time and skills to learn to duel so keep negative comments to urself,

And ive notice players that duel improve their skills in other modes, but everyone has their own PS3 and UT3 game so play what ever the F@K u want Wink
DuEL+paSsIon=sKilLz
Motou View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Motou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 9:53pm
I play duel on another account regularly and the u-damage is actually really helpful if you know how to use it properly :D!

I'm guessing you guys also think rockets are still the best weapon in a duel too? Not getting the u-damage is robbing yourself of an advantage that since most people don't bother to get it, is easy to get, unlike the shield belt where you often have to actually kill the person or evade them to get it. But truly, keeping track of 1 minute and 1:30 intervals is not hard.

But anyways, what do I know, I'm just a noob that plays the game differently than you do so I must be wrong, typical online gaming close-minded trolls failed :(

See you on the battlefield.
JFF_Motou
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 10:27pm
You know that the reason that ppl dont get the Udamage in duel is becuz its frowned upon right? Sure you can take it, but your not suppose to. Just like the Redeemer. Everyone knows how to use a Udamage properly, its not hard lol.

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
~HaCkeR~ View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote ~HaCkeR~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 1:50am
Originally posted by WaR

u damage??? u shouldnt be posting if u dont duel,,
ThAts AlL U HaD tO WritE WaR -_-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYc1drzRRPI (subcribe) Team xFiniTy -MaNiaC-xF
JFF_DeeDeeTee View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote JFF_DeeDeeTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 7:24pm
a kill is a kill i always say. whether it be by redeemer rocket udamage or shield belt. i get em when its convenient for me. if someone chooses to camp on top of em thats cool by too. ive aaalllwayysss been partial to the old bio rifle anywho! been playin the franchise since the first PC and i know what i like to play. AND DUEL AINT IT! Know what i sayin clansmen...and women?!
Only after the last fish is caught, and the last river poisoned. Only after the last tree's cut will we find that money cannot be EATEN!!
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 12:48pm
That was a really dumb post.

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 1:18pm
It's a fully accepted rule NOT to take the redeemer or the U-Damage.
It's easy, if you take the U-Damage in a duel vs me I will directly leave, cause you broke a main rule of this community. Well I won't always leave, sometimes it's fun to own the enemy even if he uses U-Damage and Redeemer, makes your defeat even more humiliating.
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 3:10pm

I play duel on another account regularly and the u-damage is actually really helpful if you know how to use it properly :D!

I'm guessing you guys also think rockets are still the best weapon in a duel too? Not getting the u-damage is robbing yourself of an advantage that since most people don't bother to get it, is easy to get, unlike the shield belt where you often have to actually kill the person or evade them to get it. But truly, keeping track of 1 minute and 1:30 intervals is not hard.

But anyways, what do I know, I'm just a noob that plays the game differently than you do so I must be wrong, typical online gaming close-minded trolls failed :(

See you on the battlefield.
well obviously its really helpful if you know how to use it.. but its too much of an advantage.. people new to duel always say that if someone takes shiled belt then its ok to take u damage, beserk... however.. if someone takes a shield belt.. in order to remedy that.. just take other health and armor around the map... all you would have to do is hit the other player a few more times to get a kill... so shield belt is not a great advantage as it can be taken out with one rocket... however with a u damage.. and good map control and spawn prediction.. a  player could get a easy kill with lest say 1 sniper shot.... then just get 3 quick n easy spawn kills from the player before the 30 secs run out.. especially on a map like sentinal... someone who is way under the ability level of the opponant can even come close to winning by getting the u damage all the time... thats not the case with a shield belt.... the reason why people in duel dont take a shield belt is cos its way to much of an advantage and considered unfair and basically cheap... its not a matter of people not thinking its useful or not....
also most people here dont think rockets are stil the best way to kill.. most never did... as most good players know each weapon has certain times when they are the most useful weapon.. depending on various situations.. unless your jff carnage where rockets is all he knows xD 
 Post Reply Post Reply