| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Player Interviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGet to Know a UT3 Player - Phantaci

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get to Know a UT3 Player - Phantaci
    Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 12:23pm
Welcome everyone to a special addition of “Get to Know a UT3 Player”, the EU Duel Tournament addition. As a dominate force behind foot modes and his clan qM, Phantaci not only put this tournament together and dealt with the stress behind it but also won 2nd place overall! I’d like to first say congratulations to Phantaci and I hope you all enjoy this interview!

Before we get into the serious questions, let’s find out who this dynamic dueler really is.

What’s your age and location?

I'm  18, who lives in Monrovia,  CA.

What’s your real name?

Jeremy Alexander Mortley

What do you do when you are not on your PS3 or in front of your TV?

Study the Bible. Fellowship with friends and family. Workout (bowflex) and just try to keep my mind busy.

Besides UT3, what other games do you play?

The Mass Effect Series, Gears of War Series, Halo Series and Quake Arcade.

It’s been around 4 years since this game has been out and most of us used to suck, really bad at this game. Do you remember what it was like being a noob in UT3?

Yeah I do actually lol! I use to think guys like Helscream and Mr. Incredible (I don't remember how to spell his PSN) were hackers/amazing because they had extra armor on Omicron Dawn (the vest) and shield belt at Hydrosis. I finally learned the locations of these goodies by following Helscream. I remember getting stomped on by Deadaim in a duel at deck as well.

Everyone says this game is dead and there is no competition and the glory days are done and over with so the million dollar question is, what made you decide to do this EU Duel Tournament?

In a nerdy simile lol, this tournament was like my version of the Cell Games. (DBZ) The best US duelers, like Rico. Remy, Kali, and my boy Pawweezy, all retired. So I needed something to test me and make me better. 250 Ping was the only way I could get tested. Also, because I wanted to see Associate vs Vendetta Vs Drokun. But Hunt was being a chicken  

Are you happy with how the Tournament was run?

Yeah I am, people played well. I'm proud of Villin, he made me proud lol. I want to thank Killinugood, Drokun, Sephiroth, Ether, Helscream, and Vendetta for all of their time and especially all the participants who won and loss regardless of the people watching. Props to disco to proving what I already knew, he's the best killer from the EU.

What was going on inside your head during the final Duel match versus Associate?

Basically, with my ping I had to try and adapt. Quite frankly as a dueler I'm not really known for anything. Paw is known for his sniper abilities and Rico for his shock rifle.  Me? I guess I'm known for winning lol. I've never really been nominated for the best with such and such gun because, even on the average US server, me living in Southern California, gives me crappy ping. For duel you need the ping in the 60-80 range. I get an average of 110 on the Chicago server and 130 on the NYC server so I can't land all the shots that Paw and Rico can.

Few people know how good of a sniper I was back in the days of the midway west servers. I think California duelers have always been my biggest supporters. I'd just finish losing to paw or kali on a Georgia or NYC server...but War or SBM would message me and be like dude I still think you’re the best. So basically vs Disco with the higher ping I tried to out smart him as much as possible but the ping was just a bit too much. Disco has exceptional hit scan aim and I ouldn't counter that at all, I didn't even bother to try. I just stuck with rocket and flak. On pure I pretty much got dominated. Azul, I had to go extremely hard, because America/Phantaci doesn't get shut out ;).  Bonesc****r and Subterrane require some hit scan battles and I just can't out snipe/shock Disco with my latency. None of this is used as an excuse or to downplay Disco's ability, the dude is a beast.

What would be some good advice to share for either Duel noobs or new people to this game?

Headphones will increase your awareness. Some players like to abuse sound... so if you have headphones you can hear where they are camping with the shock combo ready. Also STOP GOING FOR FANCY KILLS! If the guy is weak, use the stinger or enforcer and get the frag!

Haha that is some good advice right there! I wonder how many tried to go for the fancy kills because the matches were live streamed?

What are some of your favorite duel maps and why?

Strident and Subterrane are among my favorites. I like maps where you can reach the highest height and then escape by jumping to the bottom quickly. Subterrane is wonderful duel map that encourages map control. I like strident because of the flag and the auto health feature.

What about the maps you hate and why?

Shangri La is a terrible duel map. Spawn near the helmet and you’re screwed. Doesn't encourage movement and people can just chill near the rockets and flak.

Who is the best ever dueler you played and why?

PaWwEeZy. He helped me step my game up, and vice versa, arguably the best sniper to touch the game. And definitely the most clutch player I know. If the game was on the line and Paw had the flag, I didn’t ever sweat it, he could have 5 health left and I knew he wouldn't die.  In duel he had great aggressive style but also knew how to be evasive. I wish it was him and not me playing for the US in the duel tourney. With his lower ping he probably could have won it all.

What weapon would you like to see banned in Duels and why?

Duel Enforcers, other then that a weapon is a weapon. If I know someone like say bumrush or colossus and they are a flak user and I'm playing say Bonesc****r or Sentinel,  I know once I kill them that I'm going to keep taking the flak cannon EVERY TIME it spawns. I did that with the rocket launcher and flak to disco on Azul, which is why I won.

I know if I followed you into a duel server I would want to learn from you, so could you share with me and everyone else what are some do’s and don’ts in Duel?

Don't rush when you have low health. Don't go out in the open against a sniper unless you have 141 health (can survive two sniper shots) Don't fight a flak user unless you have over 180. On spawn always grab vials and armor and never let the opponent grab their favorite weapon.

We must know, do you have any pre-game preparations or superstitions?

If it’s a serious game, I just ask the Lord for me to play my best. I never ask to win and I never ask for my opponent to suck. I just ask to play my best and usually my best is enough to win.

What players have helped you achieve your UT3 awesomeness?

Top 3 would be Deadaim, Helscream, and Pawweezy. Deadaim for inviting me to qM for helping me and introducing me to duel. Helscream for giving me strategy and telling me what I'm doing wrong. Pawweezy, for giving me a worthy opponent for trial and error.

We know there is not much room for error for you but if you had to choose something you would need to work on, what would it be?

Using the alternate mini gun, that’s probably the worst weapon for me to use.

Do you remember you’re most embarrassing moment in UT3 or any game?

Almost losing on the 360 to some kids who just got the game. (but me and paw's teammate was 7) It was also on Koos Barge  

Hahaha I love Koos Barge! I love sitting on top of the boat with my impact hammer and getting the people using the jump pad as they come flying in, haha but I would also have a hard time playing serious on that map!

Can you remember something that really made you laugh in UT3 or any game?

All I'll say is the whole sickboogiemurder and Kali incident. And hunt4ams typing nowords# and thinking nobody could see it. loooooooooool

Now that this EU Tournament is a wrap and everything went pretty smoothly are you thinking about doing another Tournament?

I hear there’s some interest in a US tourney so who knows.  For know I'm gonna focus on studying and maybe Nexuiz when it drops.

Well I think everyone had an awesome time either spectating or playing in this tourney so we hope there is another! I would like to congratulate Phantaci again on winning second in this tourney! I hear so much in the forums and in game about how much of a beast you are so it was nice for once to actually see you in action. Thanks for giving life again to a dead game and for most, our first love and letting a lot of people have fun again!

Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Phantaci

Also STOP GOING FOR FANCY KILLS! If the guy is weak, use the stinger or enforcer and get the frag!

Fancy kills > winning a duel :D

Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 1:16pm
Good interview Phant. Respect
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

Can you remember something that really made you laugh in UT3 or any game?

. And hunt4ams typing nowords# and thinking nobody could see it. loooooooooool

Bahahahaha LOL
I lmao everytime he did that.
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 1:23pm
huh? whose this phantaci guy? never heard of him.... :S jokes nice interview :) a good read.. maybe dagon can take some of his advice and finally get good at the game :P jks
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 1:36pm
"Can you remember something that really made you laugh in UT3 or any game?

All I'll say is the whole sickboogiemurder and Kali incident."
OMFG, that is easily the funniest thing i have ever heard, never laughed so hard in my life
Clap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 1:49pm
Great interview! Good to hear from Phantaci. An OG from Killa Cali.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 4:04pm
Nice interview. Good questions!!!
DEVIL_associate View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote DEVIL_associate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 4:11pm
ya great interview!!! good job to jp and phant Clap
doom5day View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote doom5day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 6:38pm
Nice interview. Phant, I think you were joking when you called me a "chicken". If you were serious about it, then you're wrong. Duel tourney was your idea, not mine. I have never been interested in these tournaments and neither did you ask me if I was interested before starting it.

I know you had high hopes for me but I was never series enough to take part in these tourneys. If you think I was scared about losing, I don't care that much about a game, and neither do I care what you or others think. But I'm glad you wanted to watch me play against Disco and Drokun.

And about "nowords#", LOLOLOL, no one told me that others could see it. Phhilln, noob!
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 7:05pm
Yo jp do one with Darakoom lol  now that would be funny
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by doom5day

Nice interview. Phant, I think you were joking when you called me a "chicken". If you were serious about it, then you're wrong. Duel tourney was your idea, not mine. I have never been interested in these tournaments and neither did you ask me if I was interested before starting it.

I know you had high hopes for me but I was never series enough to take part in these tourneys. If you think I was scared about losing, I don't care that much about a game, and neither do I care what you or others think. But I'm glad you wanted to watch me play against Disco and Drokun.

And about "nowords#", LOLOLOL, no one told me that others could see it. Phhilln, noob!
loooooooooooooooooool sorry bro :((
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Zellot

i 2nd this idea

Good interview phant.. much respect

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 1:25am
Thanks JP and sorry for the typos guys it was kinda late ahah.

@hunt you know I'm joking Mr. nowords#
looooool
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

Originally posted by Zellot

i 2nd this idea

Good interview phant.. much respect

Darakoom would give me one word answers to these questions
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 4:27pm
no he wouldn't he'll give u some great answers just try it out or do like u did for go dead
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 2:53pm
have my f***ing babies. cali pride
name_is_clantag
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by RemY

have my f***ing babies. cali pride

why dont youuuuuuu hop on UT3 Cry
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 8:47pm
i willllll
name_is_clantag
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 1:26am
Originally posted by RemY

i willllll
I put you down on America's TDM all-star team.
PaulGranger21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PaulGranger21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 9:53pm
dis my boy!! haha good interview killa...i want ut3 back :(
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by PaulGranger21

get a ps3 NOW
and play in the allstar game
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 12:57am
Originally posted by ax412

Originally posted by PaulGranger21

get a ps3 NOW
and play in the allstar game
we both already talked we're going to join TRM again
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 11:28am
Shut up you'r not leaving Devil :) This home is all you got ho :)
 Post Reply Post Reply