Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Tutorials
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Mutators on PC Hosts for PS3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mutators on PC Hosts for PS3
    Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 7:31pm
Not all mutators work.  The ones that do all seem to have the same behavior...which is it will work when initially started up but after the first match ends and the second tries to begin the server will boot everyone. If you try to re-join it will say you do not have the mutator installed even though you do.  At that point the only thing you can do is reboot the server and then it will work again.  If you were wanting to play different maps you would have to also change the startup map each time. 

For example if you had a duel tournament going and the maps were Deck, Shang, and Sentinel...this is what you would have to do:

1) Start the server on Deck and play the first match
2) After Deck match shutdown the server, change the startup map to Shang and restart the server
3) Play Shang match
4) After Shang match shutdown the server, change the startup map to Sentinel and restart the server
5) Play Sentinel match

Kind of a pain but it works.

On to the installation of mutators on the server side....

I'm going to use the GOW Spectator mod as an example because that's the most recent one I tried.

1) First download the PC version of the spectator mod here http://ut3gow.com/GOWSpectator
2) There are 2 files inside the zip file GOWSectator.u and UTGOWSpectator.ini, extract those somewhere on your computer.  If you rent a server you will then need to upload those files to your server...you can use the webadmin panel to do that.
3) The UTGOWSpectator.ini file goes in <UT3 install path>/UTGame/Config
4) The GOWSectator.u goes into <UT3 install path>/UTGame/CookedPC/Script
5) If the "Script" directory does not exist, create it.

That complete's the installation part of it, now you just need to add the mutator to the server startup command. 

If you are using a webadmin panel such as clanwarz all you need to do is go to the 'command line changer', edit one of them, put a check in the 'mutator' check box and for the value in this case enter "GOWSpectator.GOWSpectator" (without the quotes).  If you are wondering where I got this from then go open up the UTGOWSpectator.ini file and you will see.

For the Spectator mod specifically you need to put a password on the server because this is how it knows whether you want to play or spectate.  For example if you had the password kaching...if you wanted to join and play you enter kaching...if you want to spectate you would enter KACHING.

I think that's it...  ;)

Let me know if there are any questions.
None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 8:25pm
READ THIS ALL
VEDA View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote VEDA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 10:32pm
Brilliant! Thanks Wopr!! Smile
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 5:55am

Is this spectating from behind a player? :) If it is, would be a great add for server indeed :)

Ah so a different pass for a different playstyle?

For example?:

Pass = play (equals participate to Play in a match)
Pass = spec (equals spectating a player in a match)

PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 8:02am
GOW spectator mod is 3rd person viewing, I think there's shortcut buttons for persons of interest like flag- or orbrunners. Lowercase password = play, all caps is spec.
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Iuckshot

GOW spectator mod is 3rd person viewing, I think there's shortcut buttons for persons of interest like flag- or orbrunners. Lowercase password = play, all caps is spec.

I get it how it works now. Nice mod :)
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 9:47am
Thanks WOPR!!! I'll try it out today.
GOW_KillinUGood View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 11:34am
Yall trying to get this to work for the EU v US?
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 12:02pm
yeah. i got it installed but i need to test it this afternoon. can you livestream on sunday afternoon, august 21st?
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 4:08pm
OK. It works. Thanks WOPR!!! But I did get kicked before the second map. We'll just have to restart the server with the next map for the match. No big deal since it's just two maps.
 Post Reply Post Reply