| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Server Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

PS3 2.0 PC Hosting software download links

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote WaRHore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PS3 2.0 PC Hosting software download links
    Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 2:22pm
Hey Harm I was wondering if you could post something on how to set up a map cycel. You explained it to me a few months back but after a while I forgot how to set the server up.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 3:05pm
is this one easier to work then the last one? because ill set up a computer to be a server for everyone if it is
Administrator View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 3:21pm
I think the docs are just a repeat from the old files.

There are two .ini files to edit for map voting.  The first one in the \binaries folder is already enabled.  I'll put inst5ructions up on the second .ini file in a bit.

I'm having connectivity issues at the moment (which likely will be until Monday morning) and am about to switch my server over to Windows Server 2008.  Once that task is complete, I'll put up some docs.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 3:51pm
this file is huge
1.2gigs?

also aqua can you send me your ini/cfg files and a copy of the command line you use ?
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Deadaim

this file is huge
1.2gigs?

also aqua can you send me your ini/cfg files and a copy of the command line you use ?

Yeah, it's enormous.

I'm in the middle of getting my server and internet connection sorted.  As soon as I can get back on that machine, I'll send over the files.

Any insight on getting the server intalled on windows Server 2008?  Says it's not compatible... Grrr...
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Harmerty

You might have to install it on a XP or Vista system and then copy the installed folder/files onto your 2008 system.
Also, you PS3 users will be happy to know, through PC hosting, you will be able to change the default 10 second mic limit to how many ever seconds you will want.

TotalChatTimeAllowed=10
ChatWaitTime=1

LOL

This sounds awesome.  I hope to see this implemented more in the PC hosted servers soon.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 5:36pm
the worst thing about this game is the clciking right to talk so if u can fix it were u dont ave to push it every time u talk that would b saweeet
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 11:21pm
You never had to click right to talk? You could re-bind all buttons from day 1, I personally have talking on L2

on topic, I'm currently downloading this and planning to host an EU server when I'm not on overday
Is there any chance of custom maps coming to these PC hosted servers in the future? I don't know how it would have to change the code
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 12:52am
Soo.. I run this preset command line from in there and see this one: http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/591/dfasa.jpg
but no ingame arsenal at DM? What am I doing wrong?
Also, will the game be named after the login or will I have to check the .ini files tomorrow?
I'd think my code was good seeing the extra window popped up and there were no errors.

command line was:
utgame.exe server dm-arsenal? game=utgame.utdeathmatch -login=droketh-password=asecret -seekfreeloading

edit: and it won't let me edit the .ini, how do I override that?

edit2: Soo it lets me host DM/CTF but not TDM/Duel right now.. Game is unjoinable and there's always this one error I get:
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/5513/dzz.jpg

on to trying some more..
kallexis View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote kallexis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2009 at 7:52pm

when i read the    Unreal Tournament 3 – PC for PS3 Dedicated Server Instructions it says Dedicated Server is only compatible with version 1.20 of Unreal Tournament 3 for the PS3.    is that wrong or isnt it compatible with the 2.0 version??

PSN: kallexis
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2009 at 8:14pm
Yes, that's a typo in the document provided by Epic.  It is only compatible with version 2.0
kallexis View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote kallexis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 4:48pm
OKSmile
kallexis View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote kallexis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 5:44pm
When i host a PC dedicated server I cant connect with my PS3! i have open port 7777 in my PC:s firewall and it still doesnt work!

this is my comand line

:one
c:
cd \Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\binaries
UTGame.exe server DM-Heatray?Game=UTGame.UTDuelGame?numplay=1?maxplayers=7?timelimit=10?goalscore=0?Difficulty=8?allowkeyboard=1 -seekfreeloading -login=EU-server -password=****** -email=*********
goto one

Hope somebody can help me Cry
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by kallexis

When i host a PC dedicated server I cant connect with my PS3! i have open port 7777 in my PC:s firewall and it still doesnt work!

this is my comand line

:one
c:
cd \Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\binaries
UTGame.exe server DM-Heatray?Game=UTGame.UTDuelGame?numplay=1?maxplayers=7?timelimit=10?goalscore=0?Difficulty=8?allowkeyboard=1 -seekfreeloading -login=EU-server -password=****** -email=*********
goto one

Hope somebody can help me Cry

Be sure you have ALL of the following ports open:

6500 = Gamespy Query
7777 = UT3 port
13000 = UT3 Stats reporting
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 7:27pm
Also, if you are behind a router you will have to forward those ports to the PC doing the hosting.  It's not enough to open the Windows software firewall...you have to do the router as well, if you have one.

Secondly if you want to determine if it is indeed the router or the windows firewall (or both) there are some relatively simple things to do.  For the windows firewall simply turn it off and see if it works....if not then that wasn't it.  On the router you can usually define a 'DMZ' server.  If you have any concern that your router is blocking the traffic put your PC host in the DMZ and you'll know.

I'm not recommending that you leave the windows firewall off or that any PC should be in a DMZ permanently...just suggesting temporary methods of troubleshooting network issues so that you can isolate where the problem is.  That is the first step.
None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
kallexis View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote kallexis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 7:57pm
ok i am not good with computers whats a DMZ?
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 10:27pm
De Militarized Zone.

Basically when you do that on a router you say to the router "every port that doesn't have a forwarding rule to some other IP, don't block it send it here".  With "here" being the IP of the machine you are trying to get working.

None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 10:41pm
Be sure your router ports are open as described below.  Note that I am running 4 game servers from a single IP address so I opened a port for each and then noted the port in the command line when starting the server.

kallexis View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote kallexis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 4:38pm
im sharing router dont now the pass or anything to is it possible to open ports and such on the router from my PC?
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 5:01pm
You need to be able to access the router set up screen from a PC.  Better ask whoever it is you're sharing with for the key.  If it's your neighbor and they don't know about the sharing... I wouldn't... Wink
kallexis View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote kallexis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 5:27pm
i dont think anyone knows the pass. isnt it  possible without the pass?? 
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 5:57pm
Look up your router at the manufacturer website.  Download the instruction manual and find out how to do a hard restart.  This takes the router back to factory original settings, which the manual will tell you how to access and set up.
kallexis View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote kallexis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 7:36pm
like i said am sharing the router and i don't think those that i share would like a factory reset :(
 Post Reply Post Reply