| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Custom Content
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DM-Choices is done. Chk it out.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Devil
Team Devil

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DM-Choices is done. Chk it out.
    Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 6:15pm
Done! Go download ^^

You can skip this if you want :P :

Something you really need to know about this map:

- Bots do NOT like this map! haha. Its because i did not put any pathnodes for bots in it.
(they don't know where to go xD) Consider this an alpha version. If its received good by players, i might consider putting some in it to kill some bots. Or they kill you? xD

- Its quite big and open. Nice for big TDMs or Deathmatches. Also, I think its very suitable for duels, because this map is quite the map control.
- This map is equipped with 2x jumpboots on it. I have done this so that players dont have to run so much to get through this whole map.
Also, its a nice way for a losing player to get the proper weapons and equipment he need to regain control of the map.
- I named this map Choices, because this map really represents a strong and tactical mind and a good knowledge of player spawns and its weapons.
Especially since its so big, you will need to know what weapon you are going to search for.
The map itself is basically a very big open room with surrounding chambers.
The shieldbelt is located in the exact middle of the map, along with a 50 armor vest
and a 20 helmet. So whoever controls the mid room, controls a large part of the map.
Its surrounding corridors hold the stronger weapons: Rockets, Shock, Sniper, Stinger and Flak.
- There are several ways to quickly get into the mid room,
by example using the elevator or using a few stairs and openings that are in the map.

Thats about enough talk for now.

Go download it and give me some feedback on how to even improve this map more.
I want to know what players think about this to give me more experience for future building.
If you experience ANY hiccups or weird **** along the way. LET ME KNOW PLZ!

PS3 Get it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MOT8PWV5

PC version upcoming:
(PC players equipped with good videocards (Nvidia 8400 should be the lowest i think) should deffo try this. I used but so much as 30 static meshes, making your FPS very happy! :D)

DM-Choices
Author: Darkn3ss_is_QnL
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
RpZ-Xot1Cz View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote RpZ-Xot1Cz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 1:26pm
Ok...
im tired.
The Keyboard Samurai View Drop Down
Please....Listen to me whine

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Keyboard Samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 12:41pm
The number of static mesh you use does not effect the FPS.-perse-
- it is a common misconception that BSP = High FPS - this is not true;

- Using Static mesh can increase performance for various reasons, if  swapping it for BSP- 
- all is defendant upon the lighting; and UV's.
- That being said there is no hard and fast rule to getting the best performance; you just need to know every aspect of the method you are choosing; whether it be mesh or BSP

- WHERE are your PC links; i have trouble finding them ?

Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 5:30pm
This was waaaaay back. 
If I could delete threads I would have deleted this one....

But thanks for the comment anyway...
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
 Post Reply Post Reply