FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

AUDIO SETTINGS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Deep
Team Deep
It's MY Darkwalker!

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote XTERMNATR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AUDIO SETTINGS
    Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 5:13pm
what is the best settings for audio?
currently i use bit stream(heard it was best for fiber optic cable)
also what about the menu that has all the different settings(DTS,DOLBY, ETC)
DO I JUST CHECK THEM ALL OR IS THERE A CORRECT WAY?
"people living DEEPLY have no fear of death"- anais nin
GOW_KillinUGood View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 7:30pm
Yes, the only way to enjoy dolby digital or dts surround , is by enabling bitstream.  If you have a 5.1 speaker setup ( 5 speakers plus subwoofer) all you need to enable is DTS and DOLBY. A fiber optic cable, or HDMI cable is neccessary to carry digital audio signals.  You can't use just the RCA audio jacks (red and white jacks).   If you have more speakers and a newer receiver that does DTS TRU HD, and 6.1 surround then enable all the other settings as well, you must use an HDMI cable to feed audio to your receiver for these settings.  But you are not missing much, using just a 5.1 system, as most games use just that.  Some BluRay movies utilize the 6.1 and TRU HD settings.
XTERMNATR View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
It's MY Darkwalker!

Post Options Post Options   Quote XTERMNATR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 2:49am
i have a 7.1 system although there are few disks that support this i guess my question wold be ,do i select every format on the list or do i chose only a select few?
"people living DEEPLY have no fear of death"- anais nin
 Post Reply Post Reply