| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Custom Content
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Converted Textures for UED

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Devil
Team Devil

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Converted Textures for UED
    Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 10:46am
Hey mappers, photoshoppers and fellow UT'ers,

Im currently converting and optimizing the .utx textures from www.unrealtexture.com for use in the Unreal Editor 3 and Unreal Development Kit. 
All credits for the creation of the textures go to them!
I am only converting and optimizing these.

Here are the first 50 REALCTFTEXTURES from the RealCTF texture pack.
Download link below:

All files have been decompressed and resaved with as a 32bit file with optimized sizes
 (256x256, 128x256, 64x64 etc).
All for use in either the UED3 or UDK. 

This is a preview of a few textures what the file may include:

How to import and use these textures in your map.

1. Unzip the .rar file using WinRAR tool (Found http://www.winrar.nl/">here and save it locally in one of your many directories.
2. Open the Generic Browser in UED, go to File > New.
3. Name your package (I recommend something easy like RealCTFTexes_MyMap and save
the file somewhere in your directory. (I recommend the \Unpublished folder in your user friendly UT3 directory in \My Documents.
This because the editor only searches packages in this folder when opening the editor at startup / opening your map)

4. Find your package in the list in the left side of the Generic Browser. Rightclick on your package
and choose "Import"
5. Go to your Unzipped folder with the textures and select the textures you want to import.
CTRL+A for selecting all textures. After that, click "Open" and the textures will be loaded into the Editor.
6. In the next menu that appears, CHECK ONLY the "Create Material" option and click "OK to All" for all textures. 

The textures will now be loaded into the editor. 
The materials will be blank at first. Re-Save your package again and the materials will show a preview.
Materials are automatically plugged into "Diffuse". 

Enjoy :)
More textures to come!

[Here is the plug for UOF]

PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
 Post Reply Post Reply