Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > Assassins Creed III
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Assassin's Creed 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Team Devil
Team Devil

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Assassin's Creed 3
    Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 9:32am
Looks really good and even better then its previous installments
But judging from the video, the game can use 2 major fixes (if this is a showment of the final release)

- Enemy AI is really dumb.
That could have been patched way better.
I mean, @1:22, you really are blind if you didnt see him go down into the grass.
Or, @1:29, really deaf when you dont hear him jumping on to that tree.
I dont know what the aim is for difficulty, or if, with a higher difficulty, enemies will do the above perfect. But if awareness does not increase with difficulty, that could be a ruiner for me :/

- Shadows are too sharp.
@1:58, You will never see such sharp shadows in real life.
@2:26>, Same issue here, Shadow does not interact that way. It is always more blurry. Even at low distances.

So I dont know what the aim for that is. If this just belongs that way or not. But we'll see
Game looks awesome furtheron tho, looks nice and clean as well. looking forward to it.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 6:15am

<3
Do_OR_Die_815_ View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_OR_Die_815_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 7:08pm
Thoughts on the campaign & multiplayer?  I just got to Boston so i'm not very deep into it, So no need to ruin it for me! 
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 5:49am
ull enjoy Haytham...im a bit further, but iv also got caught up in doin alot of hunting & side-missions. they definitely have a very dense game, easy to lose hours doin things if u get side tracked
coolworx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote coolworx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 6:49am

Confused, cause there are so many things to do. I lost the overview. No weapon shops? I miss my Sword...

Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 7:45am
This game is to EPIC for me to handle :D I'm on DNA sequence 7 and I have done many side missions, I understand what coolworx is saying that there is alot to take in but the great thing about AC is that you can use your DNA tracker to go back and do any mission or side misiion you missed.

Loving it so far, Conner is awesome
coolworx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote coolworx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 10:31am
Finally I found my Swordshop in NewYork. Amazing Game.
I hope they will make AC4😃😃

TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 3:37am
shot in the dark here....i just collected all my pivot points in the singleplayer which unlocked all the animus hacks and it connected to something that is online based called "The Cloud"...then it gave some 12-digit code...WTF IS THAT CODE FOR? i cant find info anywhere online yet.
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 12:06pm
This song >>>>

EPIC !!!!!!
xX-RJD3-Xx View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Headhunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote xX-RJD3-Xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 2:41pm
i called the ending i doubt there will be an ac4 and if it does its going to make a complete 180 
coolworx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote coolworx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 6:42am
Originally posted by ColossusSlayer

This song >>>>

EPIC !!!!!!

It sounds like a Theme of a old Bruce Lee movie. :)
But its great. There is a AC Movie comming...

Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 1:38pm
ok so ...

I have completed the game and done most of the side missions, I am currently on 90% completion of the whole Single player experience and here is what I think ( NO SPOILERS )

Story/Main Missions:

AC3 is slightly different to the other games in it's story and takes alot of risks, Conner is very different to Ezio which so many people loved as one of the best characters in gaming history because of his ability as an As sassin and his touch with the ladies which could have made the game fail but it didn't. Conner is a good example of a normal person then struck down by heartbreak which leads him to be a different person for the greater good and you really feel his pain as a person and understand his motives. The story overall is good for Conner although there are big gaps in his story which I feel they could have gone a little bit deeper into. The greatest thing about the game this time round is exploration and having a vast amount of land to cover weather it's in the Frontier, Boston, New York or The Homestead there is plenty to do and some of it really is a challenge. The combat system is vastly improved and is actually a challenge to stay alive where as in the other AC games it was very easy. Over-all it is a very very good game for AC fans but for a new comer it may be abit over-welming and frustrating.

Multi-player:

This is the best Multi-player experience to date although it is similar to ACRevelation's. The best thing about it's multi-player is it's map design which is very imaginative compared to the other games.

Anvil-Next ( new game engine ):

It's a shame they couldn't have used this from the start because it gives the game a different feel but doesn't stray so far from the other games that it doesn't feel like AC. The game mechanic's feel alot more fluent and graphically the game prevails as one of the best looking games I've ever seen to date in and out of Cut-scenes. I will be honest though and say that there are alot of bug's in this engine and it doesn't always work as it should, I have been stuck in glitches and had to exit the game and voice syncing is very hit or miss but most of the time it works very well.

My complaint's:

Most importantly of all is that I thought the end of the game could have been better and left me slightly un-satisfied but I'm sure this is only the beginning of Conner's story and Desmond still has a long way to go also so It's not such a big deal. Loading times are shorter but still not short enough (even on a new game engine). Conner is a good new edition to the series but find him a little boring at times compared to Ezio.

Over-all 9.5/10
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123