Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Doom 3 BFG Edition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Devil
Team Devil

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Doom 3 BFG Edition
    Posted: 31 May 2012 at 5:12am
Remake from Doom 3 including 7 new levels :o
Makers are Bethesda who also created Skyrim.
This looks promising. Was always a big fan of the Doom series.

Anybody getting this game?

PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
ja1lb1rd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ja1lb1rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 4:45pm
I was just going to make a thread about  this but you beat me to it! I played D3 on xbox for around 4 yrs off and on. Its the main reason why I only play DM based games now, once I saw how much individual skill it took I never wanted to play any other kind of game. The good news is the majority stock maps are already perfect for tourny(1v1) and TDM which is why the game stayed competitve for so long. The max player was only 4 players which sounds weird at first but once you play the game, you'll see it works just fine. Anyone planning on picking this up can add my GT - Bird is Fn A and PSN - ja1lb1rd because ill probably pick it up for both systems cuz im an O.G. like that :)

P.S. I'll try and find some good D3 matches from our last FnA throwback tourny and post them when I get home so you guys can see how the MP is played ;)
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 6:37pm
Cool, hey I tried adding you last time Bird but i think one of your accounts has a full fr.
You can add me as well if you want: Darkn3ss_is_QnL

Btw, you should deffo check UT3's CTF-Bird from McLogenog from HOLP if ur bored ;p
That map >>>> all
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
ja1lb1rd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ja1lb1rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Darkn3ss

Cool, hey I tried adding you last time Bird but i think one of your accounts has a full fr.

Btw, you should deffo check UT3's CTF-Bird from McLogenog from HOLP if ur bored ;p
That map >>>> all

Sounds good Dark I'll have to check out that map sometime soon, also I'll send you a F/R next time im on my PS3! I couldnt find those tourny vids for some reason so I decided to show you guys one of my favorite PC matches between Fnatic.Gopher vs Rocketboy in the QuakeCon 2005 Finals!

ja1lb1rd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ja1lb1rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 4:42pm
*UPDATE*

This was taken from the Bethesda Blog:

http://www.bethblog....date-announced/

We’re pleased to announce that
DOOM 3 BFG Edition is slated for release in North America on October 16, 2012 and throughout Europe on October 19, 2012. DOOM 3 BFG Edition will feature re-mastered versions of both DOOM 3 and the Resurrection of Evil add-on pack, as well seven new levels of content entitled ‘The Lost Mission.’ DOOM 3 BFG Edition will be available in North America on PC for $29.99 and on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 for $39.99.

Re-mastered for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, DOOM 3 and it’s expansion pack offer enhanced visuals further immersing you in the demonic world like never before. DOOM 3, Resurrection of Evil, and ‘The Lost Mission’ have been optimized in 3D, featuring 5.1 surround sound, Xbox 360 Achievements, PlayStation 3 trophies, improved rendering and lighting, and a new check point save system allowing for smoother progression through the game. id Software has fine-tuned the controls to bring the intensity of the DOOM single and multiplayer experience to the consoles, and DOOM 3 now features the new armor-mounted flashlight, allowing players to illuminate dark corners and blast enemies at the same time.

DOOM 3 BFG Edition will also include the original DOOM and DOOM 2 games, making it the definitive collection of the genre-defining games developed by id Software, the pioneers of the first-person shooter genre.
-CYAN1DE- View Drop Down
Team NbK
Team NbK

Post Options Post Options   Quote -CYAN1DE- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 2:37pm
I completed Doom 3 & Ressurection and some modded versions. I dont know why there is a need for a BFG edition.
However it was on the PC and not console.
I would've loved to see Doom 4 instead.
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by ja1lb1rd

Originally posted by Darkn3ss

That map >>>> all

Sounds good Dark I'll have to check out that map sometime soon, also I'll send you a F/R next time im on my PS3! I couldnt find those tourny vids for some reason so I decided to show you guys one of my favorite PC matches between Fnatic.Gopher vs Rocketboy in the QuakeCon 2005 Finals!

Nice vid Bird. Thats some proper skill right there.

Yea add me next time you get on :)
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 6:03pm
Can't wait for this btw :)
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
summ3rblink View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote summ3rblink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 1:54am
Whoa! Defo getting this one Clap
Sapient View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sapient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 8:16am
< ="" ="text/" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0"> Im going to pre-order this game.  Doom3 was one of my favorite games on the xbox.  Multiplayer should be good too.
ja1lb1rd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ja1lb1rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 4:58pm
Just found another vid I forgot Shin had until just now. This time its Me vs ShinDe0n Z(POV) on shin's host, the map is called Frag Chamber. Keep in mind neither of us were in our prime or anything, just a couple of D3 players who wanted to hop on and play a few games before they shut the servers down, so check it!

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 12:25pm
I read this long article about how the creator of Doom demonstrated Doom 3 in 3d with new Virtual Reality technology.. Sounded amazing but they said it was more of a demonstration to show the future of games. Wish they would hurry up with this technology instead of making us wait so long.
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

ja1lb1rd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ja1lb1rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 4:23pm
http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/66164/doom-3-bfg-edition/articles/77978/doom-3-bfg-edition-hands-on-preview-back-to-beautified-hell/

Basically confirms only 4 players max for MP and 8 total MP maps.. kinda sux but im still playing the hell out of it!!
drdeath2point0 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote drdeath2point0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 5:58pm
Can't wait for this to drop!!!!!!which console do you think is going to have the best multiplayer??
drdeath2point0
ja1lb1rd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ja1lb1rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by drdeath2point0

Can't wait for this to drop!!!!!!which console do you think is going to have the best multiplayer??

I'd definately go with the 360 version since the Oldschool Doom 3 was for XBOX, which means all the guys who played the old one will most likely stick with the 360 version.
ja1lb1rd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ja1lb1rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 1:43pm
ust took this from the bethesda forums, Doom 3 BFG Edition FAQ: http://forums.bethso...fg-edition-faq/

What game content is included in DOOM 3 BFG Edition?

BFG Edition includes DOOM, DOOM 2, DOOM 3, Resurrection of Evil, and The Lost Mission are all accessible from the main menu/launcher.
DOOM 3 BFG Edition does not contain the DOOM Master Levels or Final DOOM

How can I purchase DOOM 3 BFG Edition?
Fans will be able to buy the Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 and PC release at retail stores. We will be releasing a digital download PC version through Steam and other digital retailers.

What multiplayer is included for DOOM 3 BFG Edition?
ONLINE multiplayer for Xbox 360 and PS3:

DOOM: 2-4 players per map

DOOM II: 2-4 players per map

DOOM 3 and Resurrection of Evil: 2-4 players per map

Lost Mission: N/A
OFFLINE multiplayer for Xbox 360 and PS3:

DOOM: 2-4 players per map

DOOM II: 2-4 players per map

DOOM 3 and Resurrection of Evil: N/A

Lost Mission: N/A
PC Multiplayer

On PC online Multiplayer for DOOM 3 and Resurrection of Evil is 2-8 players.

On PC there is no multiplayer options for Doom and Doom II.

Is there any co-op gameplay included with DOOM 3 BFG Edition?
The co-op gameplay for DOOM 3 was only included with the original Xbox release of DOOM 3. As BFG Edition is based upon the original PC release, there is no online/offline cooperative play. The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of DOOM and DOOM II feature online and splitscreen co-op supporting 2-4 players.

Which versions of DOOM 3 BFG Edition support the Oculus Rift VR headset?
The upcoming Oculus Rift headset will be compatible with the PC release of DOOM 3 BFG Edition. Unfortunately, we’re not able to support this functionality on consoles.

Which versions of DOOM 3 BFG Edition support 3D?
DOOM 3, Resurrection of Evil, and The Lost Mission support 3D, including consoles connected to compatible 3D televisions. The versions of DOOM and DOOM II that are included do not support 3D.
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 10:32am
Pre-ordered this for PS3 last week, looking forward to it. Does it have multiplayer and if so what is it like?
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote summ3rblink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 10:38am
^ did too.  When the game comes out, should we make a separate thread about who's having it to get some scrims going on, or just post here?
drdeath2point0 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote drdeath2point0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 2:21pm
I'll pre order tomorrow :)
drdeath2point0
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 3:47pm
I would get it for 360 but I aint paying for the stupid online service, so hit me up on PS3.
I may be using an another account to play not regular BuMrUsH24SeV.
PSN:Imaginative
ja1lb1rd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ja1lb1rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by ColossusSlayer

Pre-ordered this for PS3 last week, looking forward to it. Does it have multiplayer and if so what is it like?

The MP is pretty standard 4 players and the modes are DM, TDM, Last Man Standing, and Tourny(Duel). Its got everything you need for a good game solid maps, sick guns, and stackable armor. If you want to see some gameplay I posted some matches earlier in this thread. I'll have both copies on the 16th when it drops but I'll most probably be playing the 360 version the most, but I'm also stoked to see what the PS3 community will be like since its their first time with D3. Anyone lookin to get some games in feel free to add me on either system!

PSN- Ja1lb1rd_is_Fn_A
GT- Bird is Fn A
GT - Bird is Fn A
PSN - Ja1lb1rd_is_Fn_A
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 10:49pm
Bird is FnA > ALL
PSN:Imaginative
ja1lb1rd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ja1lb1rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 11:04pm
^^^ my ninja.... ;) im pretty sure ive got ya on my f/l already but if you decide to use a different tag, add me up son! lets get some games in for sure!
GT - Bird is Fn A
PSN - Ja1lb1rd_is_Fn_A
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote summ3rblink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 1:49am
alrighty, if you want to get  your a**es  handed back to you  in that game,
 then don't add PSN: summerblink
Sapient View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sapient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 3:39pm
Does any UT3 players have this game? It would be nice to have some competition.   If your up for a duel or TDM add me your PSN.

PSN: Sapient_X
 Post Reply Post Reply