FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for some support

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for some support
    Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 5:36pm
hey i know this is a gaming website but it wouldn't hurt to ask so here it goes... i'm a comic book writer/artist and i need some help putting my ideas/stories out there and help creating the story lines etc. so if anyone is willing to help me out please send me a private message. also if anyone knows someone that have the same job or that creates comics please let me know. im trying to find a way to break the doors of the comic book business just need some help doing it since ive been working by myself.
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 5:24am
Nice, did you already create something or just starting?

Anyway, if it helps, What I like in comics is unexpectency, and lots of it.
you could use different perspectives in stories, so that people will stay amused everytime when reading something. 

For starters, you could write about what goes on in your daily life, like you stand up, get dressed, do your hair, brush your teeth, and then, COMPLETELY twist it a around by adding that on your way to school you beat up a dragon with a jar of peanutbutter because he can't spew fire :P or something like that you know.

Be creative. Use your imagination is all I can tell. Its such a powerful tool.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Darkn3ss

Nice, did you already create something or just starting?

Anyway, if it helps, What I like in comics is unexpectency, and lots of it.
you could use different perspectives in stories, so that people will stay amused everytime when reading something. 

For starters, you could write about what goes on in your daily life, like you stand up, get dressed, do your hair, brush your teeth, and then, COMPLETELY twist it a around by adding that on your way to school you beat up a dragon with a jar of peanutbutter because he can't spew fire :P or something like that you know.

Be creative. Use your imagination is all I can tell. Its such a powerful tool.
yea man i understand and thank you for your feedback bro.

right now i have over 350 characters with stories to each one of them(that includes villians and heroes).

all the stories and names ive made for each character is all original so the reader will not know what is going to happen nor will they know who is bad or going to turn out to be evil in the story.

people are always remaking sprider man(other characters as well) and we know who is the black cat and who is peter parker but in the new world ive made it shows completely different characters.

if you guys can please post what else yall would want to see in a comic, thank youSmile 

-CYAN1DE- View Drop Down
Team NbK
Team NbK

Post Options Post Options   Quote -CYAN1DE- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 12:40pm
Yo feh i'll help you out bro. I have allot of different idea's and 2 of my dreams where being an animator (cartoons/animes) or a movie director. Now both went on a dead track since im not educated enough to meet the schools critteria.
I'll see when i can come up with a plot and script. I think it will be a scifi themed one with a lil bit of drama rofl..

+rep good thread!
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by -CYAN1DE-

Yo feh i'll help you out bro. I have allot of different idea's and 2 of my dreams where being an animator (cartoons/animes) or a movie director. Now both went on a dead track since im not educated enough to meet the schools critteria.
I'll see when i can come up with a plot and script. I think it will be a scifi themed one with a lil bit of drama rofl..

+rep good thread!
thx a lot man. remember tho, my writing is more marvel/dc like rather than naruto bleach like even tho the action might be some what related.

and another thing, im not here to take your ideas, your ideas is your ideas. i can help you with your ideas if that is what you want. i just want the person who has a good story/plot to get full credit of what they have made. so send what ever you want to show me in a pm if you want and i will give you my pov 

but on another note, i would like to form a team so we could make a bigger and better story.
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 7:36am
You should probably go to comic con or a place where industry professionals are holding Q&A's or lectures. That is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to learn about what it takes to break into any industry. I had to do the same thing when I was becoming a chartered accountant, and wanted to learn about the UFE exams and what it is like auditing public companies. Good Luck to you its good to see people following what they are passionate about. 

Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by YINYANG

You should probably go to comic con or a place where industry professionals are holding Q&A's or lectures. That is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to learn about what it takes to break into any industry. I had to do the same thing when I was becoming a chartered accountant, and wanted to learn about the UFE exams and what it is like auditing public companies. Good Luck to you its good to see people following what they are passionate about. 

He makes a good points.  I'd seriously consider what he said.  
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 1:04am
Originally posted by Ether404

Originally posted by YINYANG

He makes a good points.  I'd seriously consider what he said.  
i already looked into this but it is really hard for me to get there since i live in VA and most of that happens in new york and Cali and i never been to or know anyone that have been there. that is where most/all people get started in the comic book industry. 

thank you for your help man, it means "a lot"

if you can try to think of any other ideas to help me out here just send me a message or post please
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 7:16am

Skip to 3.14 if you just wanna hear about comic books but I recommend watching the whole thing.

This guy started of writing comic books just for fun and now he is one of the most famous writers on earth.
 Post Reply Post Reply