Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

UT3 Online server down

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Archangels
Team Archangels

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Archangel_Fate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UT3 Online server down
    Posted: 27 Jul 2014 at 1:02pm
has anyone gotten word on why unreal tournament 3 isn't working? I tried to play online but it keeps saying my connection to the server was lost? does anyone know whats going on with the online servers?
Living by the Archangels Code
JetterMars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JetterMars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2014 at 1:55pm
It probably has something to do with the gamespy shutdown. Epic gave us a few extra weeks of play after gamespy went down on May 31st. After that they kept the PC servers up and running. I heard nerd33 is trying to get the servers back up but I'm not 100% sure on that. Personally, I think Epic is just going to keep the PC version alive but we'll see.
EDF! EDF! EDF!
Archangel_Fate View Drop Down
Team Archangels
Team Archangels

Post Options Post Options   Quote Archangel_Fate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2014 at 2:23pm
DANG! that sucks, why would it effect the server though? but I hope its not just the PC servers... I don't like pc version just ps3 an I am sure im not the only 1 who agrees with ps3 is better then pc
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2014 at 3:45pm
I think the GS server connects everyone in the match. Now you can't connect. No more matches.
-NocTuRnuS- View Drop Down
Team NbK
Team NbK

Post Options Post Options   Quote -NocTuRnuS- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2014 at 7:24am
I got that "Not signed in", in the bottom left corner the other day.
xNocTuRnuS-EXz_ForestTemple
Archangel_Fate View Drop Down
Team Archangels
Team Archangels

Post Options Post Options   Quote Archangel_Fate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2014 at 7:01pm
I yeah I also got that "not signed in" so I signed out, then signed back in then it said " Archangel_Fate (offline) and it also said instantly the connection to the server was lost
JetterMars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JetterMars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2014 at 10:13pm
I think that's the same story for everyone right now sadly
EDF! EDF! EDF!
nerds_is_war View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote nerds_is_war Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 6:40am
go to epics ut3 forum and complain.....maybe the squeeky wheel aproach will get some attention....worth a shot.......jettermars miss our games my friend...true gentleman of ut3 ...cheers
psn u_b_nerds
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 11:07am
Im renting a server , I talked to flakk and they have agreed to do a rental plan for the remainder of its ps3 life.
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 10:30pm
f***in right! I'm down!
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 10:02am
Originally posted by BAIN

Im renting a server , I talked to flakk and they have agreed to do a rental plan for the remainder of its ps3 life.
if someone's going to hack my posts then they really should know what they're doing. you don't rent servers from EPIC/Flakk.
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 10:17am
OooooOooo I wonder who hacked your account.....
ud1en0w View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote ud1en0w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 11:38pm
I don't have much time to play and now that I do it don't work

You're not a shepherd youre just a sheep
A combined effort of everyone you meet
Youre all flesh with no bone
Feed them to the sharks
& throw them to the wolves

Team NbK
Team NbK

Post Options Post Options   Quote -NocTuRnuS- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 2:14am
So the game won't ever work again?
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 9:42am
Epic decided not to continue on the servers set for gamespy for PS3.

Which, totally makes sense considering there were only like 15 people playing in the final stages of this game on Playstation 3. They would lose more money then you actually get in activity return. 

Bright side of this all:  
UT3 still works on PC :) best connection, best input, best matches, and the game is like what, 5 bucks now? Move your ass to PC, cause thats where the action is gonna be soon on UT4 too.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 12:56pm
Boooooo
Team NbK
Team NbK

Post Options Post Options   Quote -NocTuRnuS- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 11:03am
I'm not a nerdy PC gamer. I wanna sit on my couch and lazy me on consoles :)
WaR View Drop Down
Team PRO
Team PRO

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2014 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Darkn3ss

Epic decided not to continue on the servers set for gamespy for PS3.

Which, totally makes sense considering there were only like 15 people playing in the final stages of this game on Playstation 3. They would lose more money then you actually get in activity return. 

Bright side of this all:  
UT3 still works on PC :) best connection, best input, best matches, and the game is like what, 5 bucks now? Move your ass to PC, cause thats where the action is gonna be soon on UT4 too.

ILL RATHER QUIT GAMING. NOW THAT TOTALLY MAKES SENSE....lol DARK
DuEL+paSsIon=sKilLz
nerds_is_war View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote nerds_is_war Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 7:35am
anybody else miss being headshotted by this guy?.....making me all nostalgicCry
psn u_b_nerds
Bird_is_Fn_A View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bird_is_Fn_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 6:00am
Yea the ps3 servers are definitely down but the 360 servers are still up. We even have a pretty active list of active CTF players and we've had some awesome games the last month or so. Anyone wanting to get in on the action send me a f/r Bird is Fn A ;)
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 8:21am
good old 360 ctf lol
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
 Post Reply Post Reply