| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Help get UT3 back.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ffrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help get UT3 back.
    Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 1:25pm
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ut3-unreal-tournament-3-ps3-patch

Please sign the petition and let your other PS3 UT3 friends/players know about it.

We need a decent amount of signatures to maybe be in with a chance...

Thanks

ffrr
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 1:42pm
Uhm, not trying to be negative here.. and I really played this game a lot, but do you really think this will in any way bring the game back just sligthly ? 
I wasn't playing the last half year at all so I don't know how many were actually playing it, but before last half year, it was barely any good players playing, no decent pubs in any mode cause noobs everywhere (these noobs are gone now even if this will make it). And no decent pugs as well, the last good of those that I witnessed were maybe a year ago, probably more..

Just saying there's really nothing to save there. Why would somebody make a patch so 20 players can play for 2 weeks until the game dies down to 7 players..
I mean if I ever really want to play again I'll just get it for PC, isn't there some action still ?

To be honest I was surprised they kept the servers up as long as they did, the game was completely dead for a year, and half dead for what, 2-3 years?  Still playable for duels with friends, sometimes a "decent" pub, but oh well..
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 1:43pm
sry for being a negative nancy or whatever you americans call it Ouch

Better put energy into UT4 development Thumbs Up
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
ffrr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ffrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 4:08am
... any input is better than nothing at all. ;0)

I have exchanged words with several people around the net and they all seem to say the same thing. The required patch is simple, the hard part is getting someone with the right authority to do it. (and knowing the effort required for so little reward, I see the reason why its not been done).

I would honestly say, yes the player numbers have gone down a lot in the last year, and I have no idea of the stats relating to active players, (probably less than 60 if we are being totally honest, and never more than 15 on at a time in DM, more like 8-10)... but the games I've had, right up until my last game ever (which I didn't realise was the last until the two days after) I had fun (which is the only reason I kept playing for so long). Battlefield 2 was my other favorite FPS but I stopped playing that several years back as it got stupid. 

I'll always be optimistic, but at the same time I know this is a losing lost battle... its a real shame Epic have abandoned the PS3 version (considering ALL pc versions of the game still run). All good things do come to an end, eventually.... but at least I know I tried.

-NocTuRnuS- View Drop Down
Team NbK
Team NbK

Post Options Post Options   Quote -NocTuRnuS- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 9:47am
I signed, under fake name, lol

I don't think it will work tho, but still a nice effort. I would love to play again.
xNocTuRnuS-EXz_ForestTemple
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 12:25pm
This is ridiculous. They won't being back ut3 for 10 ppl. Move on

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 9:41am
DeathMatch was the only active mode... UT3 has been dead for a long time... That doesn't mean that some players weren't still enjoying playing some dm though... Not being able to play your favorite game online at all will suck for those that were still enjoying some dm, but its done now... Just have to hope that ps4 has ut4 eventually
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 11:22am
UT4 for PS4, I doubt it will happen.. But I'll get into the PC version for it ;)
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
 Post Reply Post Reply