Forum Discription: UT3 General Discussion
URL: http://www.iamgaming.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6393
Printed Date: 20 Sep 2024 at 5:52am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.72 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Ping!
Posted By: F.u.k-shaker
Subject: Ping!
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 10:21am
All of a sudden i got higher ping on EU and lower on US server! Any ideas? Really is frustrating...
I tried to reset my router etc, nothing helps... WTF!!
Ether its YOUR fault only... But seriously wtf..

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: BAIN
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 10:58am

Ping is over-rated. Who cares what it is. Do you lag or not?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 3:03am
Originally posted by BAIN

Ping is over-rated. Who cares what it is. Do you lag or not?

310 in ping, with Raptor. You do the math... Oh and thnx for the help Bain..

-------------

Posted By: jesse
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 5:50am
last night for 2 warfare games on a us server lokedogg was pingin a smooth 100 while i was working with 175, it just happens sometime

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 6:44am
I know,but I got LOWER ping on US servers.. So something is wrong. The lowest ping i got in vctf is ca150-70 in ping.. and thats us2 epic.

-------------

Posted By: TX2k7
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 7:04am
lol play US servers thn xD woop!

-------------
http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 7:46am
No one with serious answer?

-------------

Posted By: medic573
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 9:38am
Yesterday, they were supposed to do server maintenance as listed in another thread.   Pehaps this has something to do with it.  Maybe while you were on the eu server they were doing their work on it.  I have no clue but I was never booted off the servers yesterday

-------------

Posted By: STYLE
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 10:57am
hey shaks i send a message to flak....he didnt answer....mabe he knows what it is

-------------

Posted By: -DaGoN-
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 12:21pm
I had that sometimes also, if it's the same..is it only the EU vctf servers or generally Eu servers ? I figure only vctf, then the servers just fvck up. Gotta give it time.

-------------
B-B-BucKetHe4D !

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by -DaGoN-

I had that sometimes also, if it's the same..is it only the EU vctf servers or generally Eu servers ? I figure only vctf, then the servers just fvck up. Gotta give it time.
yes i think only vctf... fu k in shait.

-------------

Posted By: SIZZLE
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 12:41pm
2 longbows take down a raptor weather ping is 30 or 300 lol on the bright side .. if your ping stays high you'll become an even better player Shakey.. you'll haft to fight harder for every kill.. if worse comes yo worse you could always stay in a tank next to the flag or spawnkill like Gragy :)

-------------
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot

Posted By: BAIN
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 12:59pm
Ping does not matter as much as you think. A high ping does not cause lag; rather, a high ping value is the result of lag. what matters is how much lag you get. i've played with 600 ping and 2500 ping.

-------------

Posted By: gr01n5h07
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 1:10pm

Ping does not matter as much as you think. A high ping does not cause lag; rather, a high ping value is the result of lag. what matters is how much lag you get. i've played with 600 ping and 2500 ping.
True, but a high ping does cause latency, which will cause you to lag depending on how quickly the server is processing the packets and then sending them back to you.

-------------
Bots > Me > valjohn > Syzygy
PSN/XBL: gr01n5h07, MLP_gr01n5h07, sHoCkD_ThE_wOrLd, JFF_DuCkTaPe

Posted By: sickboogiemurder
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 12:45am

I have to disagree with you on that one, ping does make a difference.  Try dueling in a server that has 60-100 then going to a server that has 600-2500, then you will definitely see that ping is a big factor.  Actually in duel it pretty much makes it unplayable if you are in a room 350+, atleast in my opinion.   If I'm not mistaken ping is the time it takes for a package to make it from one end of the connection to the other, then back.  So if you have a high ping it usually means you are far from the host, so it takes more time for information to reach you, not that the host is laggy.  I understand where you are comming from saying "a high ping value is the result of lag." but that usually is not the case, unless you have really bad internet or the host has a bad upload speed.  It can definitely raise the ping if there are a bunch of people with bad internet all playing together in one server but it would take a lot to do that to one of the servers being hosted. 

An example would be, for awhile I was stuck on wireless internet and everything was 600+, I stopped playing the game because there was so much lag I couldn't do anything at all, that was on my end not the games so the high ping wasn't caused by lag but more to the lack of good internet.   Now imagine I am wired in, the American servers that were 600+ are now in the 100's.  I find a server the ping says 175, thats a real high ping imo, I hop in the room and I am still lagging. Thats not because theres so much lag comming from the host or from the players in the room with bad internet, tho on occasion that happens when people from out of country join, but more because I am in a server located on the opposite side of the country.  All in all a high ping causes lag, not the other way around.  There may be a 10-20% chance with this game that lag is the cause of high ping but usually its the exact opposite.  The only way I see lag causeing a high ping is when a player hosts a server, but no one does that anymore because there are companys that rent out their servers and good internet connection so that we don't have to deal with it.  So ping matters MORE then most people think.

-------------

^^^

http://www.facebook.com/brumalofficial" rel="nofollow - Like my band on Facebook!

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 1:03pm
Usaly when it is lagging. The connection is shait! What 300 in ping means is: From the time i push a button it takes 0,3 sec before it happens in game. So when turning a raptor i need to turn 0,3 sec earlier than normal... Let say i strafe when shooting,my bullets do not come from my gun visualy, its outside the screen... I got no lag. Im pressing hoverboard.... wait for 0,3 sec and im on my hoverb. And so on. So duelingmust be horrible when high ping!!
And if zyzygy and me shoot eachother at the same time, he got 50 in ping i got 300... he will always win, cos I pr.def. shoot later, even tho i press button at same time...
And it is ONLY on eu vctf servers it is so!!

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by F.u.k-shaker

Usaly when it is lagging. The connection is shait! What 300 in ping means is: From the time i push a button it takes 0,3 sec before it happens in game. So when turning a raptor i need to turn 0,3 sec earlier than normal... Let say i strafe when shooting,my bullets do not come from my gun visualy, its outside the screen... I got no lag. Im pressing hoverboard.... wait for 0,3 sec and im on my hoverb. And so on. So duelingmust be horrible when high ping!!
And if zyzygy and me shoot eachother at the same time, he got 50 in ping i got 300... he will always win, cos I pr.def. shoot later, even tho i press button at same time...

And it is ONLY on eu vctf servers it is so!!

i seen your ping was 300 when i was on your team shakey.. it is strange? i had 80% packet loss on 360 and it drove me nuts lol i got a great netgear router and it took care of it though.. it doesn't make since for your ping to be higher in a eu server? playing in eu servers 4 me is always the way you describe whats happening to you now.. there's a big delay so its harder to predict where to shoot.. and the impacthammer doesn't work half the time. I don't know what you can do to fix your problem?

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 3:26pm
But i have the same router... Are you saying switching router may solve my problems?

-------------

Posted By: STYLE
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 11:57pm
possible

-------------

Posted By: TX2k7
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 1:02am
most of us here rarely hav to deal with ping 300 or above. it just takes a little sense to adapt to it. figure, if it takes time to shoot, just lead ur target, r put them in a position u can take advantage of. obv it will nvr b as good as low ping, but its not crippling, especially nt in vctf.

but definitely ethernet cable>wi fi....idk wat cud b causn ur problems...maybe somthn with ur router?

-------------
http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: -DaGoN-
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 3:07am
Running flags is still easy as hell, killing with high ping gets difficult though. But I agree, given one match to get used t it, I have no problems killing sizzle on US servers. (LOL joke mate)

-------------
B-B-BucKetHe4D !

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 3:21am
Originally posted by F.u.k-shaker

But i have the same router... Are you saying switching router may solve my problems?

a new router solved my packet loss but i can't see it fixing your problem because the router would work the same no matter what server you connect to.. something must be blocking your connection somewhat to the eu server or your connection is being routed a longer distance for some reason.. if you have a computer go to speedtest.com and do a speed test and a ping test to different locations and see what it says.

-------------

Posted By: JFF_Carnage
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 6:24am
I had the same problem but its ok now

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.72 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2011 Web Wiz - http://www.webwiz.co.uk