Subject: WAR maps converted to vCTF
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 11:19am
iAM_VCTFMapPack_1_Final includes:

MarketDistrict
Sinkhole
OnyxCoast
Avalanche
FacingWorlds

http://ut3gow.com/Downloads/NOOTSFOLDER/iAMmappackFINAL/USERDATA.JAM - DOWNLOAD  PACK 1

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qhrha3ojiih - DOWNLOAD PACK 1 MIRROR

Replies:
Posted By: ax412
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 11:24am
onyx coast, because i cant play the war version :( my disc wont load it.
lol i'll try and find fase for you.

-------------

Posted By: Supreme_Venom
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 11:34am
That actually sounds pretty tight.. gives a new meaning to those maps and it will definitely attract allot of attention.

I think those 2 stock maps might be the only ones tho.. If you do vCTF on Torlan or other large maps, things will become complicated altho it sounds like allot of fun.

-------------
KmA_Blackwing

http://www.iamgaming.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8439&PID=245827" rel="nofollow - Hiring Linguistic & Functionality Game Testers!

Posted By: WaRHore
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 11:49am
I think sinkhole would be a great ctf map.

-------------

Posted By: SilverJ-17
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 11:51am
Torlan apparently already has a VCTF version, I think.  I could of sworn that I've seen one for it and Avalanche, albeit a crappy one. (I didn't really like VCTF - Avalanche, so maybe a better VCTF remake could be a request of mine.  The VCTF remake just seemed too damn small.. imo..)

Hmm.. Islander? (Now, if only you could cap the Air node in VCTF, so that you could be sure that your team is able to get the Redeemer and not theirs, unless they take the node back.)  Ehh.. Raptors = Midfield, I guess.. and I'm not exactly sure about the flags, though neither should be where the cores are, or at least the where that long stretch of electric(?) water is.

Also, lol.. I wonder if a VCTF-Hostile could work, because it'd be cool to be able to complete a match on that map, without it kicking everybody out.. or did they fix that glitch, on the PS3 version?

-------------

Posted By: Nootsac
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 12:59pm
What do u guys think about putting a scorpion in the back of each of the "Core" builing on market district?  If that were to happen I would add avrils into the map also. Another idea is to put a kego-o-health up where the center node was.  Thoughts?

Posted By: ThAtSmAtT
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 1:30pm
yeah those ideas are interesting noot :), would like to play some vctf market district. would be different.

-------------

Posted By: DVirus_R
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 3:53pm
yeahh, i'm agree, market district is a small map, may be for CTF, sinkhole too, serenity is bad idea to make it like VCTF, will be... Onyx coast, Islander and tank crossing maybe.

-------------

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird

Posted By: ReverendCrow
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by DSX_Rudy_D3

yeahh, i'm agree, market district is a small map, may be for CTF, sinkhole too, serenity is bad idea to make it like VCTF, will be... Onyx coast, Islander and tank crossing maybe.
horrible idea for tank crossing unless u remade the map so you cant score over unless u have the tank ont he other side which then yeah it would be bad a** cause then ull have two objectives but u would still need a node to lower the bridge/s

-------------

Posted By: _EnVy_
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 4:01pm
avalanche vctf would own!!! and noot dont make any of the lop sided maps into vctf. they would suck really bad imo

-------------

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

horrible idea for tank crossing unless u remade the map so you cant score over unless u have the tank ont he other side which then yeah it would be bad a** cause then ull have two objectives but u would still need a node to lower the bridge/s

yeahhh, you right, i didn't think that point. Ouch

-------------

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Nootsac

What do u guys think about putting a scorpion in the back of each of the "Core" builing on market district?  If that were to happen I would add avrils into the map also. Another idea is to put a kego-o-health up where the center node was.  Thoughts?

You could also place it on the road behind the buildings or whatever, ala the Domination version of Market Square and use the space for another vehicle or Scorpion.  Alternately, the vehicle in the back area could easily be a tank, because it would fit, but that would probably be too much, for such a small map.. though Minotaur =/= a normal Tank..

-------------

Posted By: ReverendCrow
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 10:51pm

yeahhh, you right, i didn't think that point. Ouch
no if you actually think about it thats a great f***in idea have both orbs and flag in the same game use the orb to complete this objective so ur able to get the flag over or something that would be kool/fun

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 12:30am
It sure would add a cool twist.  Which reminds me, any chance you guys are going to/ working on that VCTF/ Warfare hybrid Danjel thought of?  I'd love to see a dash of Warfare in my VCTF, if it all possible.  Even better, would be some of these map conversions supporting it..

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 4:15am

no if you actually think about it thats a great f***in idea have both orbs and flag in the same game use the orb to complete this objective so ur able to get the flag over or something that would be kool/fun

ohhh, you propose to mix Warfare with VCTF?
thats so sick man! and cool!  you can heal the nodes without the orb that will do this so interesting, but i think it will be like Kargo, a campers site, but will be great to play on 4v4.

-------------

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 10:31pm
Bump!!! check first post to download iAM Map pack 1

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 10:45pm
We are testing these maps now on a dedicated server if anyones interested

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 11:30pm

ohhh, so so thank you man, i'll check how looks that.

but really thanks. Big smile

Long life for you. Ouch

-------------

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird

Posted By: _EnVy_
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 11:32pm
damn i wish i was there =[

-------------

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"

Posted By: Two_Fase
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 12:55am
DOWNLOAD these bad boys when we put the finishing touches on them. maps are sick!!!! NOOT you are the man.

-------------
Anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is the only thing you should fear

Posted By: PcX_Potorikan
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 1:07am

ohhh, you propose to mix Warfare with VCTF?
thats so sick man! and cool!  you can heal the nodes without the orb that will do this so interesting, but i think it will be like Kargo, a campers site, but will be great to play on 4v4.

wow that's a sick idea indeed.  Impressive idea.  Crow I don't care what everyone says about you man.. I think ur ok lol ;P

-------------
http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/PcX_Potorikan/">

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 2:16am
this file doesn't work in the PS3 man, can't be istalled.
Cry

-------------

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 10:51am
^^^go to the link and save the target.

-------------
Anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is the only thing you should fear

Posted By: Heavenly_tRiNiTy
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Nootsac

But they would be free to roam the landscape right? Sounds good cos u gotta have vehicles but what have u planned for the "prime node" as the focus of the bridge? manta or turret on rails? Or just leave it be with boots beneath and keg on top? BTW thanks for the content, i'll investigate.

-------------
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!

Posted By: BAIN
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 11:09am
So is the version that I downloaded last night the final version or will I have to download a revised map-pack?

-------------

Posted By: Pinnacle
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by BAIN

So is the version that I downloaded last night the final version or will I have to download a revised map-pack?

These are Beta 1 maps. There will be some minor additions/subtractions to each map to level out some things, but there will probably be another download for the final version per Nootsac.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Two_Fase

^^^go to the link and save the target.
i done man, i do 2 things.

1. i dowloaded from the ps3 and istall it, but the mod can be installed there.
2. i dowloaded from my laptop and save on a USB  drive, and import from the PS3 and the same thing.

Cry

-------------

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 6:00pm
I removed the download link from the first post until these maps are ready to be distributed to the public. We found a couple of bugs in each map which i am fixing now and i am optimizing alot of things that do not show up on the ps3 version of these maps. I will PM anyone who wants to beta test these with me, twofase, Tx, pinakul, and zodiac. I wanted to also thank these guys for helping me pick apart these maps last night to find out what wasn't working or what thing we needed to add to improve gameplay. Two fase Ill get at you later on a psn chat when im home from work at 8est... see ya

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 4:48pm
yeahhh, i already installed, and thanks man, i don't see there a glitch and nothing at the moment.

-------------

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird

Posted By: Dr4g0v
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 4:55pm
Have see a bug in sinkhole we don't can drive the scorpion out of the base ;)
But very Good job guys !

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by DEVIL_Dragov

Have see a bug in sinkhole we don't can drive the scorpion out of the base ;)
But very Good job guys !

hahaha, i didn't drive the scorpions and the manthas there, hahaha.

-------------

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 5:42pm
Mee to i thinks thats sinkhone is better in ctf !
But i like th bio one the middle of the map ;)

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 10:46am
NOOT i believe all of them look good now. just need you to cook up final versions. 1 map pack would be great. i'm not sure if avalanche is too big to be included with all the redecorating you did with it (he made it snow!) u'll have to be the judge of that one. thanks again. still wanna cook up those 2 versions of corruption i mentioned?

-------------

Posted By: MIGZ-1
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 11:11am
make onxy coast a vctf map ive always wanted to play a vctf w. a levithan

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 12:44pm
No prob Two Fase. Just give me a little bit because its been pretty hectic here at work. Ill get er done though.

Migz.... Onyx coast is already converted to vctf but with no levi......sorry

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 9:04pm
And vctf map converted to war ? =)

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by DEVIL_Dragov

And vctf map converted to war ? =)

GOW has already done that
containment
sandstorm
necropolis

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 10:15pm
well i saw there WAR-COrruption, idk you guys, but, i don't like the warfare version.

-------------

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 10:21am
The only Vctf maps that GOW has converted to warfare are  Containment, Rails and Facing Worlds. The rest are done by other mappers. War-corruption isnt that bad if you really play it. I mean there are tons of worse maps out there if u asked me

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 12:11am

The final map pack download is available in the first post. Enjoy!

Posted By: Pinnacle
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 12:45am
Once again buddy, you are a true genius with these custom maps. Noot for President!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 12:48am
whats the difference between the first link and mirror link?

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 1:02am
its just a secondary download link in case the other one is slow for some people. They are both the same thing so it doesnt matter which one u grab

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 3:13pm
Thnks for this Nootsac!, i saw these maps in a Two fase Server, so, i can't join cuz didn't have the last 2 maps on this pack, lol.

Thumbs Up

-------------

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 7:56pm

Thnks for this Nootsac!, i saw these maps in a Two fase Server, so, i can't join cuz didn't have the last 2 maps on this pack, lol.

Thumbs Up

quit wasting time and get em'. its like a breath of fresh air playing in different yet familiar environments. just need some more people on board. cough, cough

-------------

Posted By: GOW_KillinUGood
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 8:18pm
I tried joining you last night Twofase, but I got hung on the loading screen of Sinkhole for ever n ever, and had to reset ps3 to regain control.  You might of been changing maps at that point, or something, don't know.  I think it was on Sinkhole when I tried joining.

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by GOW_KillinUGood

I tried joining you last night Twofase, but I got hung on the loading screen of Sinkhole for ever n ever, and had to reset ps3 to regain control.  You might of been changing maps at that point, or something, don't know.  I think it was on Sinkhole when I tried joining.

it froze 1 good time then i reset....it might have been then. got 2 back to back monster kills. maybe that was too much for my system to handle

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 2:24am

nooo, i can't believe, no scavengers in vCTF Avalanche? noooo, lol

pretty cool, and nice idea for the Redeemer, lol

-------------

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 2:29am
scavengers are overrated. my opinion anyway, we definitely wanted to leave that out

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 2:35am
ya two fase but the scavenger has a great move in the battlefield, anyway, the map looks awsome, i'm cheking the rest.

Facing Worlds looks awsome dude! you done a change for vCTF, but i don't understand why you locked the emp mine, and the vehicle in the base i think looks like the Phoenyx from UT2004. well, seems to me that. i like that maps, are so agressive

-------------

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 2:40am
i like them all equally in different ways....i think these will be more appealing to those that don't like a lot of change. i played all of them with real people and Market District and Sinkhole are gonna be favorites imo. faster pace than Necropolis!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 2:44am
I'm not agree with that to you bro, cuz, market and sinkhole are a small maps, i think these maps will be great on CTF, cuz vCTF needs a big battlefield, for that we need the vehicles, but just in that part, in the rest, are great, necropolis is the RELAX MAP from UT3, quit to play, not always but great for matches.

-------------

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 2:48am
yes they are smaller but it just needs one vehicle to make it vctf (hoverboard and scorpion or manta) we kept that in mind and used smaller vehicles cause they're easier to take out. it'll probably slow you down grabbing one.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 2:59am
yeah, good point, i think the mantha and scorpions don't have a lot of use in this case, may be for a moment, for make a bullseye and protect the flag or flag carrier, anyway, the ppl will see how to use, i ilke that kind of things.

well, if i don't take about a big battlefield, the Darkwalker nigthmare will be a great map for Vctf, LOL. and why not? mixes with all the vehicles, mmm, not exactly, may be,  raptors that will do interestinc.

-------------

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 8:36pm
think i'm gonna redownload these.....anyone interested in playing?

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.72 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2011 Web Wiz - http://www.webwiz.co.uk