Forum Discription: Discuss this team with all forum members
URL: http://www.iamgaming.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4622
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 6:42pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.72 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Technical Difficulties...help
Posted By: medic573
Subject: Technical Difficulties...help
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 8:47am
Ok, So I got MAG when it released and played up until about 4 days ago (on both my home ps3 and work ps3) without issue.  All of a sudden, MAG freezes up my ps3 at home.  Usually after a match and just before the MVP screen.  Everything goes black and I have to totally restart ps3.  All other games work on system.  This doesnt happen on ps3 at work. 

Home ps3= 120 gig release edition (with the 4 usb ports and lift up front with 3 different memory card slots)

Work ps3= 40 gig refurb from EB games.

Any thoughts?????
Tons of memory left on both ps3's

PS....I'll be at Lvl 60 by the end of today.  Yes I'm at work.

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: GrecoISU
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 9:04am
Looks like you may have to do a system restore on the 120g if it keeps freezing.

-------------

Posted By: BAIN
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 10:54am
Congrats on Level 60!!!! Mine only freezes on the Domination screen (VALOR map) right before the game starts. Too much info being loaded I think. But that wouldn't be the case at the end of a game. 

-------------

Posted By: Danjel8
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 1:53pm
Not 100% sure coz I don't play MAG however it could be something to do with your router? If the game is starting I doubt its the ps3.

Have you tried using your ps3 by taking it into work?

-------------

Posted By: GOW_KillinUGood
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 2:37pm
I have endless respawn problems with MAG.  It has gotten to the point that I don't even play acquisiton or domination now, since even committing suicide won't work in bunkers or vehicles. 

Basically if I am in a APC and it gets destroyed while I am in respawn counter waiting to spawn in it - I become locked out in endless respawn loop.  If I choose to paradrop or helicopter spawn and they get their AA back up my camera stays on the plane/chopper until it flies off the map, and I can't respawn - just watch the battle from my POV out of the map.  And if someone plants a charge on a bunker that I respawn from - even if we defuse it - I can't spawn.  The little yellow respawn here icon pops up, but the "press O to spawn" prompt is gone and I can't spawn even if I suicide. 

So I just play Sabotage - knowing that I will have to suicide at least 3-4 times to fix my spawn.  Basically I've found out that when waiting to respawn and you click "choose spawn location" if it doesn't let you click and choose - just suicide and you will spawn in 20 more seconds

Posted By: INCReMENTAL
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 2:38pm
Yeah Dan is correct, in UT3 my router freezes it everytime, won't let u do nothing. I can go unplug the router and plug it staright into the dsl modem and boom the game unfreezes and no problems. I say its ur router acting with it and not the PS3.

-------------
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.

Posted By: INCReMENTAL
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 2:42pm
Wow I'm having no issues at all with MAG. Sorry to hear that man.

-------------
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.

Posted By: SilverJ-17
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by GOW_KillinUGood

I have endless respawn problems with MAG.  It has gotten to the point that I don't even play acquisiton or domination now, since even committing suicide won't work in bunkers or vehicles. 

Basically if I am in a APC and it gets destroyed while I am in respawn counter waiting to spawn in it - I become locked out in endless respawn loop.  If I choose to paradrop or helicopter spawn and they get their AA back up my camera stays on the plane/chopper until it flies off the map, and I can't respawn - just watch the battle from my POV out of the map.  And if someone plants a charge on a bunker that I respawn from - even if we defuse it - I can't spawn.  The little yellow respawn here icon pops up, but the "press O to spawn" prompt is gone and I can't spawn even if I suicide. 

So I just play Sabotage - knowing that I will have to suicide at least 3-4 times to fix my spawn.  Basically I've found out that when waiting to respawn and you click "choose spawn location" if it doesn't let you click and choose - just suicide and you will spawn in 20 more seconds

I haven't had any of these problems yet.  Hopefully, they fix these issues soon because they sound kind of game-breaking.  I'd sure be pissed if I suddenly couldn't respawn anymore, because the other team just doing their objectives.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by INCReMENTAL

Yeah Dan is correct, in UT3 my router freezes it everytime, won't let u do nothing. I can go unplug the router and plug it staright into the dsl modem and boom the game unfreezes and no problems. I say its ur router acting with it and not the PS3.

Only guessed that because BFBC used to freeze constantly on my home ps3... :(

MAG sounds pretty amazing, wish it had come out a little earlier :(

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 4:41pm
If it wasnt freezing at the same spot every time then I would consider the router......but I cant see my router freezing up the exact time every time.......but I'm open to any options.......what is this system restore that you speak of and what info will I lose if I perform it???????

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by medic573

If it wasnt freezing at the same spot every time then I would consider the router......but I cant see my router freezing up the exact time every time.......but I'm open to any options.......what is this system restore that you speak of and what info will I lose if I perform it???????

It could be when a certain type of information is transferred the router rejects it. Just try your ps3 on someone else's wireless first. Then at least you have the easiest option eliminated.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 8:20pm
good thoughts.....ill give it a try      thanx dan

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.72 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2011 Web Wiz - http://www.webwiz.co.uk