Forum Discription: General Discussion
URL: http://www.iamgaming.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5621
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 5:44am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.72 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Sniping Advice
Posted By: TX2k7
Subject: Sniping Advice
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 3:50pm
hey i haven't really messed around w/ the sniper rifle much, but the times that i have, its been quite difficult for me figuring out just how much i should b leading my target. it also doesn't help me that theres no dust trail to tell me roughly how close i was...so any advice per long range sniper rifles would be great....thnx

-------------
http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" rel="nofollow">

Replies:
Posted By: misfit44
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 4:20pm
when i used 2 snipe people. i found that you can't put the crosshairs on someone that is running
and fire because it would miss. so you have 2 aim in front of them alittle bit and then fire.
but now everone has heavy armor and 120 life, so your best bet is a .50 caliber.
and if i can remember,the .50 cal leaves a trail when one fires it so you can see where the bullet hit.

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 4:41pm
ya i always lead my target, it just seems that no matter how much or how little i lead them, i can nvr hit them while they move...theres gotta b something to it cuz i see these guys gettn 1 shot headshots like its childs play

-------------

Posted By: ReverendCrow
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 11:03pm
dude sniping is so easy  dont lead them too much half and inch maybe a quarter..very small lead. as misfit said most people have heavy armor and 120 life..honestly it all depends on ur personal play ...if i snipe i MAKE SURE i have the auto pistol on hand...second .50 cal with variable scope. so im able to see far away and close up without problems. if ur not aiming for headshots and you are on open fields then the first sniper would do with a decent scope less recoil and faster shots. the mid sniper rifle is good for headshots high scope it has a steady aim but decently slow fire rate. match one that plays ur style i like being up close hence why i always have the autopistol

-------------

Posted By: SilverJ-17
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 11:19pm
Back when I played MAG, I didn't really snipe all too often, since I'm a noob running around with a  heavy machine gun and rocket launcher (sometimes claymores and grenades)  I love rigging the  enemy snipers' sweet spots in the SVER map with Claymores, then seeing their names occasionally pop up on my screen.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 2:51am
thnx crow ill mess around with the different types...oh hey, i tried da variable scope but was unable to figure out the zoom in/out button? i tried pretty much everythn...did i miss somethn?

-------------

Posted By: ThAtSmAtT
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 11:13am

ill give u advice tx.. STOP BEING A NOOB AND GET GOOD! :P

-------------

Posted By: Pinnacle
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by ThAtSmAtT

ill give u advice tx.. STOP BEING A NOOB AND GET GOOD! :P

Seriously TX, you NOOB!

-------------

Posted By: ReverendCrow
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 6:59am
Originally posted by TX2k7

thnx crow ill mess around with the different types...oh hey, i tried da variable scope but was unable to figure out the zoom in/out button? i tried pretty much everythn...did i miss somethn?
yeah up and down on the d pad haha variable scope rules

-------------

Posted By: SIZZLE
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 11:11am
ay i have a question. is the assault rifle as good as the machine gun? ive only played a few times and im only on level 18.

and is the more powerful assault rifle worth the 5 points?

-------------
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot

Posted By: BAIN
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 1:22pm
Are you Valor? I don't use the AR but most people like the 2nd tier AR (SFCR-LW) with the 4x scope. I use the shotgun and the LMG because I suck. Another good AR is the 1st tier sniper rifle (MK14). It's only semi-automatic and has a 20 round magazine but it's pretty powerful and easy to use close range un-scoped.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 3:33pm
yea im in Valor. i have the 2nd tier SFRC with 4x scope now. it does ok but i haft to empty 2 clips in someone to get a killi and i get insta gib'd a lot. i guess i should of bought the armor for 5 points?

-------------

Posted By: InHuMaNe_KiLLa
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 3:43pm
Heavy armor with shotgun or SMG or LMG FTW!!

-------------
PSN Tags - InHuMaN_KiLLa_v2 (for everything but UT3), InHuMaNe_KiLLa, KiLLa_is_QnL, GOML_-ScRuBz-
XBL - iMPuLs3 zV
wOa site created by me - woagaming.enjin.com

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 5:35pm
Nah, I'll just stick with my heavy machine gun and rocket launcher whenever I have Heavy or Medium-Heavy armor, given I ever play again.  I am Heavy Weapons guy and the whatever it's called (version VIA) is my weapon.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 10:11am
Originally posted by uc SYZYGY uc

yea im in Valor. i have the 2nd tier SFRC with 4x scope now. it does ok but i haft to empty 2 clips in someone to get a killi and i get insta gib'd a lot. i guess i should of bought the armor for 5 points?
Yeah, that's my problem too. If you don't get head shots then you have to use a lot of ammo. You can try the SMG but you'll use a lot of ammo with it also. It reloads faster but seems less effective now against the super heavy armor. Plus it has less range than the AR. Try the shotgun. It's only good fro medium to close range but only costs you 400cc in weight. You can use the bulldog armor (800cc) and a sensor jammer (600cc) and still carry a med kit and grenades. The LMG is always nice to have also with the 100 round mag.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 11:43am
thanks BAIN i'll try a shotgun.

-------------

Posted By: daaBOMB
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 12:31pm
omg im in love with the shotgun! only gun i use now in MAG...SPAM XD

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by daaBOMB

omg im in love with the shotgun! only gun i use now in MAG...SPAM XD
yeah since the last patch I have gotten quite a few "two kills with one shot" with my boomstick. 

-------------

Posted By: oXxLunacyxXo
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 10:16pm
120 health ? how u do that

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by oXxLunacyxXo

Increased health.  If I remember correctly, it's one of, if not the last ability you gain in one of the ability groups.  I haven't played the game in some time, so excuse my forgetfulness.

-------------

Posted By: misfit44
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 1:53am
Originally posted by SilverJ-17

Originally posted by oXxLunacyxXo

Increased health.  If I remember correctly, it's one of, if not the last ability you gain in one of the ability groups.  I haven't played the game in some time, so excuse my forgetfulness.

It's in the last item on the Atheticism list (the first item is Impact Damage Resistance). 5 skill points to get it. Happy Hunting

Posted By: Buzzin Fr0g
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 5:45pm

WTF?  When was the last time you played MAG?

-------------
Got Pwned?

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Buzzin Fr0g

WTF?  When was the last time you played MAG?

sup Buzzin...VGP got me to play a few games but we were getting destroyed lol i only had 1 decent game where i went 28-7 the rest were really bad..i kept hitting r2 to shoot lol

i know...im a MAG noob

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.72 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2011 Web Wiz - http://www.webwiz.co.uk