URL: http://www.iamgaming.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6297
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 9:18am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.72 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Reviews, Previews and other Goodies
Posted By: BAIN
Subject: Reviews, Previews and other Goodies
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 3:39pm

HANDS ON: KILLZONE 3 BETA by Tuffcub

I will be the first to admit that I am generally a bit naff at shooters, in particular the Call of Duty series which to me just does not ‘feel’ right as you skip and float across the landscape like you have helium heels. Killzone 2 was too skewed the other way and felt too heavy, as if you were wearing iron amour, but the first thing I noticed about Killzone 3 is that the character’s weight has been tweaked further, making your fighter slightly lighter and nimble but still weighty enough to feel like a real person.

So, the beta: it looks fantastic, the sound has been jammed up to 11 and everything you know and love from Killzone 2 is there but with two year’s worth of extra polish. Join me as we become cheeky schoolboys and lift the skirt of this Killzone 3 multiplayer taster and have a peak at her panties. Or something.

kz3_1

The New Classes:
There have been some minor tweaks to the old Killzone 2 favourites; The Engineer no longer has the shotgun, that now belongs to the Infiltrator (A.K.A. Saboteur) and the Medic now has his own medic-drone.

Each class now has three levels per perk rather than Killzone 2’s single perk. For example the Engineer can now make turrets, then construct turrets with rockets with the final upgrade granting an ability to hack enemy turrets and turn them against their owners. Other tweaks include a fully perked Marksman now having an infinite cloak and suprisingly, the Tactician has lost the ability to drop spawn points.

Kill streaks, XP and Badges:
The XP is system is the biggest change from Killzone 2. You no longer score one point for a kill you score one hundred points, score fifty for a turret kill, twenty-five for an assisted kill, repairs and healing grant you fifty. On top of this Killzone now has kill streaks but getting five kills in a row does not grant you the ability to launch a stupidly powerful nuke at the enemy, it simply increase the score you get for a kill.

Badges are no longer awarded at the end of a match but now pop up during the game with the added benefit of becoming mini perks. One is “Silent Steps” which gives your Helghan warrior a pair of invisible pink fluffy bunny slippers so he can creep up behind an enemy without being heard.

At the end of the match the game summary will list your achievements and you will gain extra XP for having the most kills, the most headshots etc. Your total XP is then added up and as you score moves up so does your rank.

In Killzone 2 you had to reach a certain rank to unlock a character – for example you had to rack up a good few hours playtime before you could unlock the Saboteur. In the Beta all classes are unlocked but their default perks are pretty weak. As you progress through the ranks you gain unlock points and you can spend these on any of the classes and unlock the abilities in the order you chose. You can also unlock new weapons and secondary weapons.

kz3_2

The New Maps:
One thing that has always annoyed me about most multi player games – Killzone 2 included – is that the maps are pretty much symmetrical. This is obviously done so no team has the upper hand. The Killzone 3 maps are not, they are massive, multi layered sprawling terrains with hundreds or places you to creep up behind the enemy and stab them in the head. The Beta multi player map is set on a dam and you can run about on the decking, on the frozen seas or inside the building itself.

Sound:
Like everything else this has had a few tweaks. The guns are now louder and punchy and the sound is occluded perfectly – in other words if you are outside a building and someone is inside then you hear muffled shots. There replacement Helghast commander sounds rather generic compared to Visari’s menacing voice but that may be a place holder actor.

When standing next to the sea the waves crash and the wind howls across the landscape setting the scene perfectly. Making a welcome return is the familiar “Tweeki!” noise when you score a kill and the drones and turrets sound the same as ever.

2010-08-19_corinth-highway_08

Graphics:
Killzone 3 will be joining Gran Turismo 5 and Uncharted 2 in the fight for ‘best looking PS3 game ever’. The dam level features constantly swirling snow and it looks like snow – not white dots or squares. Massive waves crash upon the sea shore and you leave footprints across the drifts. All the classes have been redesigned and the new melee kill animations are wonderful – nothing like creeping up behind someone and stabbing them in the eye!

The Corinth Highway map that can be played as a single player vs. Bots game is drenched in oranges and yellows and in the distance a massive mechanical quadruped can be seem stomping a city to dust. Jet craft streak overhead bringing the map to life. Remember when playing Uncharted 2 you sometimes just stopped and gazed at the gorgeous view? You will do that in Killzone 3.

One thing Killzone 3 does is show up just how old and creaky the Unreal engine has become. I booted up ‘Transformers: War For Cybertron’ after playing Killzone 3 and it looks terrible in comparison.

Summary
All the improvements are actual improvements and not change for change sake. It looks stunning, sounds brilliant and as quite of lot of you are about to find out, plays like a dream.

Do remember this is a Beta and there are one or two bugs all of which have been reported back to Guerrilla who are busy fixing them. These are minor glitches and will be fixed before release, Killzone 3 will not contain moonwalking dogs or twisty-headed devil men.

Personally I cannot wait until February when the full game comes out, Killzone 3 is an absolute day one purchase for me and as I said at the top, I really can’t stand shooters.

See you on Helghan

Replies:
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 3:47pm
[TUBE]okJs7g-4rrg[/TUBE]

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 3:53pm
[TUBE]ZRYO8NrlejQ[/TUBE]

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 3:55pm
Feel free to add content to this thread. Let's help make KZ3 the most anticipated game of 2011!!!!

-------------

Posted By: Helscream
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 3:14pm
Hey Bain, I got a friend of mine on my list who is a hardcore Killzone fanatic. He actually got to talk to one of the developers himself. So if anything big gets changes or patched with the beta Ill send you a message about it or post it here.

-------------

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 4:02pm
nice Helscream!

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 9:31am
Yeah, sounds good just as long as it's not news that the game is being delayed to June or something, lol.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 2:43pm
no, that would be Gran Tourismo lol

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 12:17pm
Just got my public beta invite. I'll try to post a review when I get done playing.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 2:57am
Well it looks like KZ3 is going to be one hell of a game. The beta is nice!!! Awesome graphics, really cool melee attacks, redesigned skill point interface and even some giant robot attack machines. Haven't got to use the jet pack yet, maybe tomorrow. If you liked KZ2 I don't think you'll be disappointed.

-------------

Posted By: Do_Or_Die_420
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 3:01am

I was too addicted too UT3 too give K2 a chance...Handled the campaign but only played it online for like 35 mins...One thing i didnt like was the controls for the game..Definately will be pickin up K3...Graphics look disgusting!

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 3:09am

You will be able to fully customize the controls in KZ3 just like UT3. Great clan support also. Check the Killzone website. It's got some great features. You can even watch replays of all the games you've played.

-------------

Posted By: Do_Or_Die_420
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 3:15am

Good $h!t...Bein able to change the controls around is a good look...Part of the reason why i didnt get into the online multiplayer...

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 12:24pm
There's a new game mode in the beta called "Operations". Your team has to perform certain tasks and if you're one of the top scorers for that task you get featured in the cut scenes that are shown between the tasks. 

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 1:20pm
[TUBE]APnIz105dAg[/TUBE]

This looks like it's from single player mode but you can do these same melee attacks in multiplayer.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 1:25pm
[TUBE]DKQMllwQ3wM[/TUBE]

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 1:28pm
[TUBE]BXDy134j6i8[/TUBE]

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 1:44pm

Helghast Pre-order Edition!!!

On February 22, 2011, Killzone 3 will storm US store shelves in more ways than one. Killzone 3 will be available in a limited Helghast Edition as well as the standard edition.

The Killzone 3 Helghast Edition ($129.99) is a must-have for the fans. This one-of-a-kind set features a collectible replica of a Helghast Helmet containing an art book, Super Voucher and the Killzone 3 game with bonus content. Also included is an exclusive Cloaking Helghast Marksman action figure created by DC Unlimited, that will not be sold anywhere else.

Features
  • Authentic Helghast Helmet replica opens to reveal art book, Super Voucher and Killzone 3 game.
  • Exclusive Cloaking Helghast Marksman action figure is 6.5” tall with multiple articulation points and will not be sold at retail
  • Includes bonus video content giving you a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the game.
  • Exclusive art book featuring imagery from the Killzone universe
  • Super Voucher includes
    • Killzone 3 soundtrack & PS3 dynamic theme
    • Retro Map Pack featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2
    • Double XP for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay
    • Full access to all weapons and abilities for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay

Download packs are also available separately if you’d rather pre-order the standard edition Killzone 3 at one of the proceeding retailers.

Guerrilla Pack (available by pre-ordering from GameStop)
Pre-order Killzone 3 and receive a GameStop Exclusive PSN code unlocking all multiplayer weapons and abilities for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay giving you a temporary edge in the online battlefield. Also includes the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack, featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2.

Fast Starter Pack (available by pre-ordering from Best Buy)
Pre-order Killzone 3 and receive a BestBuy Exclusive PSN code allowing you to rank up faster, as you earn XP at double the normal rate for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay. Also includes the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack.

Unlock and Load Pack (available by pre-ordering from Amazon)
Pre-order Killzone 3 and receive an Amazon.com Exclusive PSN code and get instant access to 3 Unlock Points to use on the weapon or ability of your choice such as the Marksman’s Sniper Rifle and get the early edge in Killzone 3 Multiplayer. Also includes the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack.

Retro Map Pack (available by pre-ordering from other participating retailers)
Pre-order Killzone 3 and receive an exclusive PSN code giving you the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack, featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2. Also receive an exclusive PlayStation 3 Dynamic Theme.

Killzone 3 will be available in the US on February 22, 2011 for $59.99 and the Helghast Edition will be available on the same date for $129.99.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 1:45pm
For our European Friends:

When we announced that the US would get a standard and a Helghast Edition of Killzone 3, the question we received the most was “Will Europe get a Helghast Edition as well?” We’re happy to confirm that this will indeed be the case – in fact, Europe will have three Killzone 3 editions to choose from!

Aside from the Standard Edition, there will also be a Collector’s Edition in “SteelBook” packaging. It includes a PlayStation Network voucher code that can be redeemed for a downloadable copy of the Killzone 3 soundtrack and the dynamic XMB theme, as well as a Retro Map Pack that brings two battlefields from Killzone 2 back into the fight.

And that’s not all! If you pre-order the Collector’s Edition through participating retailers, you will receive an additional voucher code for one of the following pre-order bonus packs. (We’ll update http://www.killzone.com/kz3/preorder.html - our pre-order page with retailers and pre-order offers as they become available, so check back often.)

• Guerrilla Pack
    Unlocks all weapons and abilities for your first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay.

• Fast Starter Pack
    Lets you rise through the ranks faster by earning experience points at twice the normal rate for your first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay.

• Unlock & Load Pack
    Gives you 3 unlock points to use on any weapon or ability you want.

Not bad, eh? Of course, the true pièce de résistance is the Helghast Edition, which comes in a hand-decorated Helghast helmet and includes everything from the “SteelBook” Collector’s Edition, as well as a 100-page hardbound art book, an exclusive “cloaking” marksman action figure from DC Unlimited and all of the aforementioned pre-order bonus packs. We have one of these bad boys in our office right now, and it looks even better than we’d hoped.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 2:37pm
[TUBE]7UTAj6YW_6o[/TUBE]

-------------

Posted By: Bally_Man
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 9:12pm
sniper class is amazing n i like medic aswell! feels so much better than the last one! my only moan is there dosent seem to be any new guns??

-------------
EU warfare is DEAD! buster killed it on my account with 1hand real talk

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 12:37pm
Yeah, I've been doing Tactician mostly. I like to be able to "mark" the enemies. Some of the handguns seem new. I like having the ability to carry two rifles if you want.

-------------

Posted By: Helscream
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 10:38am
Originally posted by BAIN

[TUBE]7UTAj6YW_6o[/TUBE]

I freaking swear to God, if that is the homo voice in multiplayer I will f***ing loose it. That is call of doody ****, I will obliterate everyone i swear it.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 1:33am
LOL. No, I think that's the voice of the player whose point of view we were seeing. They had basically the same command voices in multiplyer as in KZ2.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Dec 2010 at 12:41pm
Remember to Pre-Order from Gamestop, Best Buy or Amazon to get the Retro Map Pack and codes to level up faster.

-------------

Posted By: FehtalaTee
Date Posted: 27 Dec 2010 at 4:39pm
LOLOLOL!! @ HELs nice man you tell em

-------------
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 11:51am

Killzone 3 Single-Player Preview

By http://g4tv.com/users/jgaskill/index/ - Jake Gaskill - Posted Dec 16, 2010  

Killzone 3

The first things I notice when I drop into battle are the muted booms and pops in the distance, somewhere northeast of my drop point. As I make my way to my troops, who are attempting to make headway against an entrenched swarm of Helghast, I take cover behind some crates as laser scopes flicker past my head and my tank rolls into the narrow battlefield, unleashing rockets at the various Helghast mortar and fire teams perched on the rocks up ahead. A grenade whizzes by my head just as I run up to the nearest enemy soldier and plunge my knife into his chest before twisting his neck to a fatal degree. Trails of rocket smoke crisscross the air like ghostly clotheslines, as the last of the Helghast forces are dropped by the remaining members of my squad. With explosions and gunfire still ringing in my ears, I calmly put the PlayStation 3 controller down, and let my brain have a moment to breath as I wait for the next section of the preview level to begin. That was just my first five minutes with http://g4tv.com/games/ps3/63796/killzone-3/index/ - L.A. Noire Facial Recognition Tech Video Drops, Perfectly Maps Jaws

The handful of cutscenes in this preview level establish that some very clear tensions have risen between the player (aka Sgt. Tomas Sevchenko), Sgt. Rico Velasquez, and Capt. Narville. Once it becomes clear that Narville is in the wrong regarding the current plan of attack (i.e. taking out that huge mech I mentioned earlier), you fight your way through a trench lined with Helghasts packing flamethrowers. The fire effects, and all the effects in general, are quite spectacular.

As you move through the trench, the mech towers above, unleashing a massive energy blast every few seconds that rips apart the sky with light and sound, and raining down mortars and missiles all around you. As you can probably tell, if there’s one thing http://g4tv.com/games/ps3/31335/killzone-2/index/ - Killzone 2 fans don’t have to worry about in Killzone 3 it is whether the follow up will deliver a sensory overload on par with the previous game, because even after this 20-30 minute section, it felt like my ears and eyes had run wind sprints and been punched in their naughty bits about 14 times.

Killzone 3

In order to bring down the giant machine, you have to use the multi-missile launching Wasp to destroy ventilation panels located on the top of the spidery mech’s head. Firing from the hip with the Wasp unleashes a flurry of missiles that twist and turn wildly and then decimate their intended target. Using the gun’s sights lets you lock onto a target and fire a single cluster bomb of sorts that creates one massive explosion, perfect for taking out, say, exposed ventilation panels on a 300-foot tall death machine.

This section of the battle also features some great demonstrations of environmental destruction. There are a series of three concrete bunkers that house ammo and weapons that end up as nothing but piles of rubble and steel framing by the time this phase of the battles is completed. Blasting holes through the walls has a clear http://g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/57158/battlefield-bad-company-2/index/ - feel to it, which could end up lending a nice sense of strategy and choice to certain battles later on in the game assuming there are environments that allow for it.

The concluding sequence of the level has you riding aboard a transport ship, circling the weakened yet still highly functional mech, and packing a powerful machine gun with unlimited ammo. As you are flown around the behemoth, you have to take out more panels, turrets, and missile launchers. The scope of this final showdown is simply spectacular, with ships, rockets, and exhaust blasts encircling your field of view, and the sound design just further drives home the epic scale of the battle.

Killzone 3

In terms of controls, Killzone 3 feels more fluid and snappier than its predecessor. I actually played through the Killzone 2 demo again to compare the feel of both games, and the differences were pretty apparent. Even on the default sensitivity, the aiming was much faster than even the highest sensitivity setting in Killzone 2. I also tried out the game’s entirely optional Move control scheme, and while they did grow on me a little bit by the second time I played through the level, it’s just too clunky to be a viable option for hardcore players.

One of the main problems is that you have to aim at the borders of the screen in order to move the camera where you want to look, which means a lot of overturning and then having to aim back to the other side of the screen to bring the camera back to the center. Of course, by then an enemy has had more than enough time to unload an entire clip into your neck.

Killzone 3

Presentation wise, the game doesn’t seem leaps and bounds beyond what was seen in Killzone 2, but the exhausting mech-battling section I played through featured more than enough visual flourishes and details to definitely make me excited to see what the rest of the game has in store when it hits shelves on February 22, 2011, even if it does turn my head into an over-stimulated ball of mush (and I mean that in the best way possible).

FROM G4TV

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 11:58am

Killzone 3 Updated Hands-On -- New Boss and Co-op Details

By http://uk.gamespot.com/users/shaunmc/ - Shaun McInnis , http://www.gamespot.com/ - GameSpot Posted Dec 16, 2010 5:02 pm GMT

It's out of the arctic and into the dirty industrial wasteland with our latest trek through the Helghast home world.

There's a boss fight in Killzone 3 where you go up against something called the MAWLR. To be honest, we're not entirely sure what that acronym stands for--trying to decipher its name wasn't exactly our biggest priority while we were fighting the thing. We suppose that's just how the human brain functions when you're battling a giant robot-crab monster the size of a skysc****r.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/killzone3/images/6285485/4/?path=2010%2F349%2Freviews%2F996959_20101216_embed004.jpg&caption=Hello%252C%2BMr.%2BMAWLR.&cvr=BKU%2F">

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/killzone3/images/6285485/4/?path=2010%2F349%2Freviews%2F996959_20101216_embed004.jpg&caption=Hello%252C%2BMr.%2BMAWLR.&cvr=BKU%2F - Hello, Mr. MAWLR.

You'll forgive us if we're a little fixated on this boss fight. The MAWLR battle was easily the highlight of a new demo Sony recently sent our way, a jaunt through the Helghast homeworld that takes place far away from the snowy Frozen Shores level that was demoed back at the Electronic Entertainment Expo. Instead, you're dropped into a dingy brown industrial wasteland where the sweeping winds and chaotic sounds of warfare create a thoroughly ominous atmosphere. It's very much a setting that is in keeping with Guerrilla Games' penchant for haggard beauty; it's not the sort of level you'd want to visit in a million years, but it still kind of makes you stare at it mouth agape.

The demo itself was a brief taste of on-foot and airborne combat. You start in a big shoot-out trying to push your way uphill against a cavalcade of Helghast, those signature enemies with the glowing red eyes and easily exploited weakness for getting stabbed in the eye (something you can take advantage of with the new "brutal melee system"). A little while later, you wind up in the trenches going up against Helghast soldiers outfitted with flamethrowers. The common theme in all of these areas is this: Take it slow, don't be a hero. Killzone 3 is not Call of Duty. You need to hide behind cover, pick off enemies from far away, and make sure you don't go charging headfirst into a cluster of enemies. Otherwise, you're toast.

Your arsenal along the way helps you adapt to a variety of situations. There's the standard-issue ISA assault rifle with the familiar green dot sight, which is an all-purpose gun that proves useful more often than not. For close-range warfare, there's also a three-barreled handgun that fires a trio of shells at once--a gun that packs a nasty punch. This one comes in handy in the trench areas, as does the shotgun with surprising effectiveness at range.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/killzone3/images/6285485/2/?path=2010%2F349%2Freviews%2F996959_20101216_embed002.jpg&caption=Turret%2Bsequences%2Bare%2Bjust%2Bbetter%2Bwhen%2Byour%2Bgun%2Bdoesn%2527t%2Boverheat.%2BThat%2527s%2Bscience%252C%2Bplain%2Band%2Bsimple.&cvr=G%2F8.">

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/killzone3/images/6285485/2/?path=2010%2F349%2Freviews%2F996959_20101216_embed002.jpg&caption=Turret%2Bsequences%2Bare%2Bjust%2Bbetter%2Bwhen%2Byour%2Bgun%2Bdoesn%2527t%2Boverheat.%2BThat%2527s%2Bscience%252C%2Bplain%2Band%2Bsimple.&cvr=G%2F8. - Turret sequences are just better when your gun doesn't overheat. That's science, plain and simple.

But then, all of that slow, measured pacing gets thrown out the window when you eventually come face-to-face with the MAWLR. You don't really know what to think at first--it's just sort of this towering thing that dominates the sky, which you could easily mistake for a building. Then, of course, it starts moving, billowing out smoke, and shooting rockets at you. And that's when you think to yourself, "Oh. So…I have to kill this thing?"

We won't spoil how to defeat the MAWLR, other than say that it's got the usual glowing orange weak spots you'd expect and that you'll need to take care of a few annoying Helghast who show up halfway through your encounter with it. But the scale of this thing is something else. It's a behemoth blocking out the sun, moving around with an ominous groaning and filling the sky with smoke as you wear it down.

Once you're done, you're whisked up into the sky on an ISA airship to man the turret gun. To describe this sequence in detail would spoil what happens after the boss battle, so we'll just say that it's a nice change of pace from all the on-foot combat that leads up to it. Guerrilla has said that it's trying hard to include more set piece battles in Killzone 3 to provide more variety and cinematic mayhem than its predecessor offered, and this seems to be one such good example. Plus, the turret never overheats, and that's just awesome.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/killzone3/images/6285485/5/?path=2010%2F349%2Freviews%2F996959_20101216_embed005.jpg&caption=Shoot%2Bthis%2Bflamethrower-wielding%2BHelghast%2Bin%2Bthe%2Btank%2Bfor%2Ba%2Bnice%2Bdeath%2Banimation.&cvr=ePE.">

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/killzone3/images/6285485/5/?path=2010%2F349%2Freviews%2F996959_20101216_embed005.jpg&caption=Shoot%2Bthis%2Bflamethrower-wielding%2BHelghast%2Bin%2Bthe%2Btank%2Bfor%2Ba%2Bnice%2Bdeath%2Banimation.&cvr=ePE. - Shoot this flamethrower-wielding Helghast in the tank for a nice death animation.

Circling back to the start of the demo, you're given the option to play either solo or via split-screen co-op. This is, of course, a brand-new feature for Killzone 3. There weren't a whole lot of criticisms you could lob at its critically acclaimed predecessor, but one valid critique about Killzone 2 was that it seemed like a game perfectly suited for co-op play--what with the nearly constant presence of a squadmate or two throughout the campaign. Now, the sequel is taking advantage of that group mentality by letting you and a friend share the screen (you're each given a vertical slice of the screen on either side) and go through the entire story campaign as a pair. The game doesn't change much with co-op. There was a noticeable frame rate drop during the action-heavy scenes, but it was still very playable--and being able to share in the experience of taking down that MAWLR with a friend is an undeniably added bonus. So, in short, co-op is now an added option, but the entire feel of the campaign and structure of the game hasn't been overhauled or re-tooled for co-op. This isn't suddenly Army of Two--it's Killzone with the optional bonus of killing Helghast with a friend.

After this latest run-through of the Helghast homeworld, Killzone 3 still looks every bit the highly anticipated shooter we had it pegged as after E3. Now, we've just got a better picture of how some of the non-arctic environments will look, as well as how some of the bigger boss fights are going to shake out. Look for the final version to arrive in stores on February 22.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 12:01pm

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/18/killzone-3-playstation-move-preview/ - Killzone 3 Move preview: Point and shoot

by /editor/randy-nelson - Randy Nelson /editor/randy-nelson/rss.xml"> on Dec 18th 2010 12:00PM

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/18/killzone-3-playstation-move-preview/">
Two months from now, Sony will launch its latest salvo in the first-party, first-person shooter wars, Killzone 3. While we've already taken a look at the game's http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/27/hands-on-killzone-3/ - single-player (in 3D) and http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/03/killzone-3-beta-preview/ - multiplayer modes, we've previously only see a http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/01/killzone-3s-move-functionality-demoed-on-video/ - brief video demonstration of another one of its bullet-point features: PlayStation Move support.

I spent a good part of the past week playing the latest pre-release version of Killzone 3, examining the ups and downs of using http://www.joystiq.com/tag/playstation-move - Move (with the companion navigation controller) in place of the standard DualShock 3 controller. After making the initial, somewhat awkward adjustment to literally pointing-and-shooting Helghast troopers, I can say that my experience has ultimately been a positive one.

http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/killzone-3-12-17-10/ - Killzone 3 (12/17/10)

http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/killzone-3-12-17-10/3697127/">   http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/killzone-3-12-17-10/3697129/"> http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/killzone-3-12-17-10/3697133/"> http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/killzone-3-12-17-10/3697136/"> http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/killzone-3-12-17-10/3697139/"> http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/killzone-3-12-17-10/3697142/">

One of the goals of merging motion controls with the console FPS genre has always seemed to be to bring the experience closer to the quick precision offered with mouse and keyboard controls (as opposed to a gamepad). While playing Killzone 3 with Move does introduce a degree of precision in aiming more akin to mouse control, there's more to it than that.

For one, when you aim using the Move controller, the on-screen gun doesn't follow immediately -- just the crosshairs, which turn red over enemies and yellow when you're pointing at foes that are behind cover. Your gun trails behind the reticule's movement a bit, giving the impression that there's some heft to it; rather than the way it works in, say, http://www.joystiq.com/game/quake-arena-arcade - Quake , where the gun and crosshairs are always in sync

The Move is dead-on.

When playing with Move, I actually shot "from the hip" more than I aimed "down the sights" (as I would with the DualShock), primarily because the Move controls are precise enough to do so. Where I'd normally need to aim down the sights (i.e., zoom in) with a gamepad to target specific body parts on an enemy, I was shooting Helghan kneecaps and helmets with ease from the standard, hip-level view with Move. Of course, you can still zoom in with Move as needed -- like when enemies are taking cover -- but that's when the motion-control setup throws a curve ball: The crosshairs automatically "snap" to the nearest enemy when you pull the zoom-trigger on the navigation controller. In fact, the bad guys become framed in a glowing rectangle, and your gun automatically moves when they do, tracking them. It's a lock-on mechanic, and it made the game too easy for me.

While I suppose some players might appreciate this level of aiming assistance, I was thankful to find an option to toggle it off in the pause menu. In addition, there's the requisite sensitivity adjustment, in case the reticule is darting around the screen too quickly (or dragging along too slowly) for your tastes.

Holding down the primary, zigzagging "Move" button allows you to crouch and, when near cover, to stick to it, and I definitely prefer this new cover control to how the mechanic is executed with the DualShock. I was also impressed with how accurately I could aim with the Move when zooming down the sights of the gun, even with the auto-aim assist turned off. It was as if I was shining a laser pointer on my target, and any sense of the gun's momentum that sometimes causes me to "over-aim" when I'm using a gamepad's analog stick was gone. The Move is dead-on.

Smashing in a Helghast's face -- or stabbing him, snapping his neck, and so on -- is equally satisfying and as easy as thrusting the Move controller forward. Actually, "thrusting" makes it sound like it takes more effort than it really does. The Move is excellent at picking up subtle movements, and in this case, a gentle poke suffices for a melee kill. A similarly gentle shake of the Move controller reloads your weapon, so you don't have to take your thumb off the crouch button in order to press the Square-button and pop in a fresh clip (though you can do that).

So, after lots of playing on the Move, I decided to go back to using the standard controller. I have to say, it wasn't easy. While turning the character's head and body is quicker with an analog stick, the Move is much more precise at aiming within the character's current field of vision. I was also now more aware of the (frequent!) times I had to take my thumb off of the right stick to reload with a button press.

While I don't anticipate playing Killzone 3 in 3D, I am now committed to using the Move for my first full playthrough of the game. Not only does its integration seem justified to me, but I'm sold on its improved accuracy and greater sense of immersion over the DualShock controller. Guerrilla Games has shown me that even when a game isn't expressly designed for motion controls, the experience can be heightened with PlayStation Move.

-------------

Posted By: BaconWizard
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 7:31pm
Yay for the Move! it can get better.

-------------
God Gives Head In Heaven

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 12:16pm

Killzone 3 Single Player Demo Coming On February 16

By Aryeh Loeb, posted Jan 26 2011 12:00AM
http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/blog/news/2011-01-26_sp-demo.html#commenttop - Comments (10)

Killzone 3. The jet-packs. The Brutal Melee. The PlayStation Move. The 3D!

Ever wanted to get your hands on the action? Killzone 3 may not be out until 02.22.11 but we’re giving you a chance to hop into the “Icy Incursion” level that takes place halfway through the campaign.

• February 16th is the day that Killzone 3′s Single Player demo hits the PlayStation Store.

• http://blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/ - PlayStation Plus members will be able to download the demo on February 9th, so strap on that jet-pack and take flight through the arctic environments of Helghan.

There will be two separate downloads available from the PlayStation Store: one in 2D and one in 3D. Both versions will take place on the “Icy Incursion” level. Don’t worry – downloading the 3D version and playing it on your 2D TV won’t break anything… you’ll just see a message saying “No 3D TV detected.” The 2D version has splitscreen co-op as well, a feature not available in the 3D demo.

These demos will be PlayStation Move-enabled, giving gamers a chance to experience Killzone 3 with the most immersive controls. When you get your hands on the demo, be sure to try out one of my favorite new mechanics, the Brutal Melee attacks. Get close to your enemy and hit the melee button (or thrust your PlayStation Move motion controller at the screen).

The aiming and movement mechanics have been tightened since Killzone 2; play around with them and let us know what you think.

Stay tuned to Killzone.com as we give out more details on the upcoming multiplayer Open Beta!

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 12:18pm

Killzone 3 Invades PlayStation Home

By Victor Zuylen, posted Jan 25 2011 12:00AM
http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/blog/news/2011-01-25_ps-home.html#commenttop - Comments (0)

Beginning on Thursday, January 27th, the http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/01/24/killzone-3-invades-playstation-home-this-thursday-fight-back-and-earn-unlock-points/ - American Central Plaza will be transformed into the last remaining ISA stronghold when Killzone 3 Invades PlayStation Home. Join the remaining members of the ISA as they defend Home against the relentless Helghast assault!

European combatants won't be left out of the action; they can join the battle by visiting the ISA dropship in Home Square, that will transport them to the Central Plaza.

The Central Plaza Defender is a first-person shooter that pits you against wave after wave of Helghast forces. Fire at the approaching enemy forces to shoot down Helghast air units, infantry units, and dropships. Alternatively, assist gunners by collecting and delivering ammunition and first aid. Complete challenges to be granted exclusive PlayStation Home rewards. Furthermore, completing all three levels will grant you three Unlock Points, which can be redeemed for new weapons and abilities in Killzone 3 multiplayer.

The enemy is well-armed, resilient, and fuelled by Visari’s martyrdom. Your success will require both a strong sustained offensive and support from your unit. Be sure to log in to PlayStation Home this Thursday to play this exclusive game and assist in the defence of Home from the Helghast invasion forces.

Please note that all recruits must be 18 years or older.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 12:22pm
Killzone 3 Open Beta Coming to the PSN on the 3rd of February
By Chris Weatherhead, posted Jan 21 2011 12:00AM
http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/blog/news/2011-01-21_open-beta.html#commenttop - Comments (102)

It’s Friday and it is a good news day!  Between the 3rd and the 15th of February, you will be able to download and play the Killzone 3 Open Beta from the PlayStation Store.

This Beta will offer you exclusive early access to the MP05 ‘Frozen Dam’ multiplayer level from Killzone 3, including all three online multiplayer modes – Guerrilla Warfare, Warzone and Operations – as well as the offline multiplayer mode, Botzone. A sprawling asymmetrical map set in an old dam facility, the playing field in MP05 has been carefully tailored to fit each of the multiplayer modes.

These are the four multiplayer modes included with the Open Beta: be available in the final game:

Guerrilla Warfare (16 players)

Guerrilla Warfare is a standalone multiplayer mode similar to classic Team Deathmatch: You and your teammates must try to kill as many of the opposing team as you can before the timer runs out. In this mode, only the downstream monitor houses and repair bay are accessible, giving the map a very frantic pace.

Warzone (24 players)

If you’ve played Killzone 2, you may already be familiar with Warzone. It’s a round-based multiplayer campaign that consists of five randomly ordered mini-missions. In this mode the power house and penstocks directly under the dam are accessible as well, so there’s more room to come up with different strategies and approaches to your goal.

Operations (16 players)

Operations is a new multiplayer campaign which aims to deliver a more cinematic, story-based gameplay experience, similar to that of Killzone 3’s single-player mode. It consists of a sequence of linear mini-missions, in which the ISA must try to secure the docks and destroy the dam, while the Helghast must try to protect the dam facility.

Botzone (16 players)

Botzone is an offline multiplayer mode ideal for those looking to get to grips with the controls, the weapons or the map layout before going up against live players. Each of the aforementioned multiplayer modes can be played offline, against CPU-controlled opponents.

For details of all the multiplayer maps in Killzone 3, see our map feature http://www.killzone.com/kz3/blog/features/2011-01-20_multiplayer-maps.html - here .

Over the next couple of weeks keep your eyes on the http://blog.eu.playstation.com/ - PlayStation Blog and on Killzone.com for more information.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 4:14pm
Kaznan Jungle Multiplayer Action

[TUBE]UmkhNFdCFYo[/TUBE]

-------------

Posted By: Zellot
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 6:56pm
yo i'm loving that map bain it looks fake as hell but cool as f*** for a all out frag fest

-------------
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 8:08pm
Hey Bain, when does this game come out again?

lololol

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 10:50am
FEBRUARY 22nd, 2011

-------------

Posted By: env_1ner
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 7:11pm
i think bain is getting this game for sure

-------------

Posted By: -CYAN1DE-
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 3:30am
Great reviews BAIN! Thank you.
This game looks so damn sweet, can't wait till it comes out.

-------------
Complete
http://www.prounreal.org" rel="nofollow - http://www.prounreal.org

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 11:33am
Originally posted by env_1ner

i think bain is getting this game for sure
Already bought and paid for. Just waitin for delivery.

-------------

Posted By: Deadaim
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 11:38am

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/18/killzone-3-playstation-move-preview/ - Killzone 3 Move preview: Point and shoot

by /editor/randy-nelson - Randy Nelson /editor/randy-nelson/rss.xml"> on Dec 18th 2010 12:00PM

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/18/killzone-3-playstation-move-preview/">
Two months from now, Sony will launch its latest salvo in the first-party, first-person shooter wars, Killzone 3. While we've already taken a look at the game's http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/27/hands-on-killzone-3/ - single-player (in 3D) and http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/03/killzone-3-beta-preview/ - multiplayer modes, we've previously only see a http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/01/killzone-3s-move-functionality-demoed-on-video/ - brief video demonstration of another one of its bullet-point features: PlayStation Move support.

I spent a good part of the past week playing the latest pre-release version of Killzone 3, examining the ups and downs of using http://www.joystiq.com/tag/playstation-move - Move (with the companion navigation controller) in place of the standard DualShock 3 controller. After making the initial, somewhat awkward adjustment to literally pointing-and-shooting Helghast troopers, I can say that my experience has ultimately been a positive one.

http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/killzone-3-12-17-10/ - Killzone 3 (12/17/10)

http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/killzone-3-12-17-10/3697127/">   http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/killzone-3-12-17-10/3697129/"> http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/killzone-3-12-17-10/3697133/"> http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/killzone-3-12-17-10/3697136/"> http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/killzone-3-12-17-10/3697139/"> http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/killzone-3-12-17-10/3697142/">

One of the goals of merging motion controls with the console FPS genre has always seemed to be to bring the experience closer to the quick precision offered with mouse and keyboard controls (as opposed to a gamepad). While playing Killzone 3 with Move does introduce a degree of precision in aiming more akin to mouse control, there's more to it than that.

For one, when you aim using the Move controller, the on-screen gun doesn't follow immediately -- just the crosshairs, which turn red over enemies and yellow when you're pointing at foes that are behind cover. Your gun trails behind the reticule's movement a bit, giving the impression that there's some heft to it; rather than the way it works in, say, http://www.joystiq.com/game/quake-arena-arcade - Quake , where the gun and crosshairs are always in sync

The Move is dead-on.

When playing with Move, I actually shot "from the hip" more than I aimed "down the sights" (as I would with the DualShock), primarily because the Move controls are precise enough to do so. Where I'd normally need to aim down the sights (i.e., zoom in) with a gamepad to target specific body parts on an enemy, I was shooting Helghan kneecaps and helmets with ease from the standard, hip-level view with Move. Of course, you can still zoom in with Move as needed -- like when enemies are taking cover -- but that's when the motion-control setup throws a curve ball: The crosshairs automatically "snap" to the nearest enemy when you pull the zoom-trigger on the navigation controller. In fact, the bad guys become framed in a glowing rectangle, and your gun automatically moves when they do, tracking them. It's a lock-on mechanic, and it made the game too easy for me.

While I suppose some players might appreciate this level of aiming assistance, I was thankful to find an option to toggle it off in the pause menu. In addition, there's the requisite sensitivity adjustment, in case the reticule is darting around the screen too quickly (or dragging along too slowly) for your tastes.

Holding down the primary, zigzagging "Move" button allows you to crouch and, when near cover, to stick to it, and I definitely prefer this new cover control to how the mechanic is executed with the DualShock. I was also impressed with how accurately I could aim with the Move when zooming down the sights of the gun, even with the auto-aim assist turned off. It was as if I was shining a laser pointer on my target, and any sense of the gun's momentum that sometimes causes me to "over-aim" when I'm using a gamepad's analog stick was gone. The Move is dead-on.

Smashing in a Helghast's face -- or stabbing him, snapping his neck, and so on -- is equally satisfying and as easy as thrusting the Move controller forward. Actually, "thrusting" makes it sound like it takes more effort than it really does. The Move is excellent at picking up subtle movements, and in this case, a gentle poke suffices for a melee kill. A similarly gentle shake of the Move controller reloads your weapon, so you don't have to take your thumb off the crouch button in order to press the Square-button and pop in a fresh clip (though you can do that).

So, after lots of playing on the Move, I decided to go back to using the standard controller. I have to say, it wasn't easy. While turning the character's head and body is quicker with an analog stick, the Move is much more precise at aiming within the character's current field of vision. I was also now more aware of the (frequent!) times I had to take my thumb off of the right stick to reload with a button press.

While I don't anticipate playing Killzone 3 in 3D, I am now committed to using the Move for my first full playthrough of the game. Not only does its integration seem justified to me, but I'm sold on its improved accuracy and greater sense of immersion over the DualShock controller. Guerrilla Games has shown me that even when a game isn't expressly designed for motion controls, the experience can be heightened with PlayStation Move.

WTF IS THIS!?!?!?!

hypocrit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol just busting your balls.. but its no different then someone using a steering wheel.. no different then someone using kbm.

i think all the people that preached over the past few years about how controller+couch is the only way to play ps3 should be banned from using anything else

its blatantly obvious.. that noone makes the rules.. its a COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, and it isnt limited to a controller only because a bunch of people on here decided to make that their opinion to feel better about being no good with kbm.. you use whatever is the funnest for you.. for alot of people its kbm.. for alot more people its steering wheels.. and for a sh1t ton of people its going to be playstation move.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 12:34pm
i finally got around to pre-ordering Killzone 3 and the Move Sharpshooter peripheral.

i also ordered a move navigation controller.. which seem to be selling out in almost all stores (toysrus and gamestop are the only 2 to show stock out of almost every online retailer) they can be found on amazon and ebay but people are asking twice what they cost.

i am certain, that sony will not have enough sharpshooter guns or move wands and nav controllers come the 22nd of feburary.. hopefully my preorder gets filled and i suggest to anyone else dont wait till the 22nd to order.. because you will find these things sold out everywhere.

-------------

Posted By: GhostofalucarD
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 1:30pm
damn I havent heard of half the stuff there is for the move and kz3. sounds like its gonna be a good chunk of change just for this game. hopefully its worth it but im gonna wait til after the reviews are in to buy. Gotta see if the multi stacks up to other contenders. Marvel vs Capcom will be getting my money first.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 1:38pm
marvel vs capcom 3, will be getting my money first aswell.. because it comes out a week earlier :)

but if you dont have playstation move  this is how much killzone 3 with the sharpshooter will cost you..

PS move Bundle (PS Eye, Move Wand, and Sports Champions included) $100
Move Navigation Controller $30
PS Move Sharpshooter $40
Killzone 3 $60

so yea.. basically almost 250 dollars for one game.. quite the investment.. but one i would make without blinking an eye because it looks revolutionary in my opinion.

also i already had the ps move bundle, so that saved me 100 dollars.. and to be honest.. the move has been rather underwhelming due to lack of games.. so if it wasnt for killzone 3 i would suggest people didnt buy it.

lots of people can just buy the game for 60 and have a great time aswell.. im really looking forward to something amazing tho.. my hopes are very high for this and only a few things could ruin them.

1. the ps move latency/accuracy is not up to par for competetive play.. basically if its not accurate or fast enough that would make it worth $0
2. i would also be upset if sony allows the option to block ps move users from controller users, i.e. controller only games.. i dont need to look at a server list and be blocked from half the games because people are douches.. dealt with enough of that in my time on ut3

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 2:47pm

KZ2 had the option to customize rooms. no noobtubes, pistols only, no speed boost, etc. not sure about having controller only rooms.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 4:46pm
Yeah usually I'd say $250 is too rich for my blood but I just pre-ordered MK9(I believe) Tournament Ed. for $150 which hopefully will be worth it. The lag on the move would definetely be the make or break part of investing in the move, also I think my 32" might be too small to be using it.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 6:18pm

KZ2 had the option to customize rooms. no noobtubes, pistols only, no speed boost, etc. not sure about having controller only rooms.

i hope it does that way we keep mikey out

-------------

Posted By: env_1ner
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 8:05pm
tried kz 2 wasnt convinced, i doubt im getting 3rd one but marvel vs capcom 3 for shizzle

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 10:18pm
hell yeah man but i'm torn on that do i want KZ3 or MvsC3 Hmmmm.....

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 11:28am
If KZ3 is anything like KZ2 there will be a very large and active multiplayer community. So if you are looking for a new shooter to replace UT3, Black Ops or MAG then this may be it. I don't know about the campaign mode. I only played the last one for 15 minutes. For me it's all about the online. One thing that I hope they bring from KZ2 is the option to choose regional servers. That way you don't have to deal with laggy Euro or Asian players.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 3:02pm
For those of you on the fence about picking this game up on February 22nd, let me tell you what you're going to be missing. It's called WARZONE. It is a multiplayer game that combines 5 different game modes (7 rounds) into one game. It usually lasts between 25 and 35 minutes but the host can alter the time lengths and required scores. Here is what's involved:

ASSASSINATION: one player on your team is chosen as the target. that player must stay alive within a designated zone for a designated time. Of course the other team is trying like hell to kill the target. You play two rounds of this, one for each team.

CAPTURE AND HOLD: there are three areas on the map. whichever team controls them the longest, fills up there progress bar the fastest, wins. One round of this is played.

SEARCH AND RETRIEVE: think reverse capture the flag. your team must pick up a propaganda speaker that will spawn randomly on the map and take it to a drop off point within the enemy base (usually three times to win). And you must stop the other team from doing so. But there is only one speaker in play at any time so if you're running with it be careful, twelve other players are gunning for you. One round of this is played.

SEARCH AND DESTROY: your team must go into the enemy's base and plant two explosive charges and protect them for 30 seconds until they blow. A second round of this is played where your team must stop charges being planted in your base.

BODYCOUNT: TDM. need i say more. only one round is played of course.

The thing is that you don't know which mode will be the first played and you don't know what's coming next (except for the last mode, obviously). It gives the game variety and makes it more challenging. Different modes. Different loadouts. Different skills. Try it out in the free open beta now. You might just like it.

-------------

Posted By: YINYANG
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 3:28pm

I hope there is no respawn in assassination

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 4:36pm
for the target, no. but he can be revived if he's laying there bleeding out. the hunters get to respawn as well as the defenders. but only at the respawn points in their home bases or at a tactical respawn point.

-------------

Posted By: jesse
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 2:20pm
you online bain?

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 2:24pm
at work

-------------

Posted By: jesse
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 2:32pm
lame..wanted to game

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 4:28pm
ONE WEEK AND COUNTING.....

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 12:57pm
Only six days more!!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 4:12pm
5 DAYS!!!! Get your pre-orders in.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 1:27pm
T minus 4 and counting....

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 11:31am
That's right b1tches! 3 more days!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 12:16pm
TOMORROW!!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 2:16pm
ill miss you Bain!Cry

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 2:26pm
Hope this doesn't scare some of you off.

[TUBE]MunLh5FWRBY[/TUBE]

-------------

Posted By: GOW_KillinUGood
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 3:04pm
Lol at Bain's countdown timer.....preorder is en route, hope it makes it by tomorrow, and not the next day.  I will probably take the day off from work, after I get it , and live broadcast using the ps3 MOVE sharpshooter rifle all day long, yeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!

Posted By: ournemesis
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 3:05pm

Hope this doesn't scare some of you off.
[TUBE]MunLh5FWRBY[/TUBE]
BRING IT !!! Feed me more !!! YAHOOOO!!

-------------
cannon_nemesis iAM_Avenger GOW_Nemesis

Posted By: equalizer23
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 3:08pm
I expect to see you gentlemen tomorrow evening.

-------------
http://ps3trophycard.com/profile/equalizer23">
iAM_UR_DEMISE

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 4:58pm
Equa? i forgot you where getting this to! its just me and JP i guessCry

i could "try" and get this in a month or 2. if not ut4 will be what? $20? and thats in 5 years, ill save up on my piggy bank XD

sorry if i miss the iAM_Kz3 clan matches...BYE YOU GUYS ill miss you! sniff* sniff*

where is ghost?

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 11:45am
KZ3 is out finally!!!!! But I'm stuck at work. If anyone on here got it last night at midnight let us know how it is.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 12:37pm
awesome, I just got the game and the sharpshooter gun delivered up here at work, and the gun is friggin sweet.  I can't wait to play it, wish I brought my Move camera and controllers up here so I could slack off all day.  Seriously this gun is tight!!!!!!

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 1:12pm
got my sharp shooter b****es!

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 1:15pm
CHEATERS, lol.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 2:00pm
:)

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 11:04am
after 9 hours of play and two bleeding eyes, all that I have to say is:   AWESOME!!!!!

-------------

Posted By: Milly
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 11:15am

after 9 hours of play and two bleeding eyes, all that I have to say is:   AWESOME!!!!!

did you play both story and multiplayer or did you just multiplayer all 9 hours?

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 2:20pm
Just multiplayer, lol.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 4:20pm
I played hooky yesterday, and played Killzone 3 all day.  Did some live broadcasting for about 5-6 hours as well.  Mostly multiplayer, but practiced with the sharpshooter gun in campaign mode as well.  http://www.justin.tv/killinugood/b/280239979 - Check it if you want .  It is broken up into 3 parts.  Mostly learning the maps at first, but after a few rounds, I get the hang of what I'm doing.

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 1:44am
I just ordered the sharpshooter n the navi controller earlier today. Went to the ps3 homepage a few mins ago n see a socom4 motion pack(not proper name) with socom4, the camera, wand, navi n sharpshooter for 149.99. tried to see about canceling my order but damn do they start on those orders fast, it was already processing. im still saving 8 bucks compared to the socom4 pack but 8 bucks isn't bad for a game i might like. paying the msrp you'd pay bout160 to180 (or more, i believe Deadaim broke down the costs as well.)buying the motion equipment separately . just fyi, in case anyones looking to get this.

-------------

Posted By: Heavenly_tRiNiTy
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 11:48am
Never played KZ b4 I bought it yesterday and I don't think I've seen a more gorgeously graphically detailed landscape in any game. No game will surpass this for graphics this year imo! The game well its almost as goosd as it looks, its sweet to play. Ground assault, weapons, vehicles, tactics and no stupid tokens to collect just ammo and more weapons - f yeah! I put in a 4.5 hour stint and got half way through chapter 11 on experienced. I will need to finish the campaign b4 going online because I'm a KZ virgin - lol!
I'm envious of u guys with sharpshooters, I couldn't even get the special edition. For UK gamers bought my copy from Tescos store, they have it for £34 plus the nav controller for £18.50 but 20% discount for all games and accessories offfer ends tomorrow 27.02.11. I am getting the sharpshooter for £35 [Amazon] and get the 2 xtra maps from DLC. I already have the move controller and camera, it was bundled with my PS3 along with Assassins Creed Brotherhood for £300! A worhty investment.

-------------
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 11:11am
I'd love to see KZ3 on a 3D TV.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 12:14pm

Me too mate I play off a 26" Samsung HD at 1030 and its the dogs boll0ckz so I can't imagine a KZ 3D landscape! Finished the campaign yesterday and went online, Guerilla ? good fun but there were only 6-7 maps.

-------------

Posted By: WaRHore
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by GOW_KillinUGood

I played hooky yesterday, and played Killzone 3 all day.  Did some live broadcasting for about 5-6 hours as well.  Mostly multiplayer, but practiced with the sharpshooter gun in campaign mode as well.  http://www.justin.tv/killinugood/b/280239979 - Check it if you want .  It is broken up into 3 parts.  Mostly learning the maps at first, but after a few rounds, I get the hang of what I'm doing.
Yo KillinUGood hit me up on PSN if your playing this game. Playing under my DeRK_DiGgLeR account. Almost through the campaign.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 2:14am
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

Me too mate I play off a 26" Samsung HD at 1030 and its the dogs boll0ckz so I can't imagine a KZ 3D landscape! Finished the campaign yesterday and went online, Guerilla ? good fun but there were only 6-7 maps.

Yeah, the map selection isn't as good as KZ2. Did you get the two retro maps? They came with the pre-orders but I think you can buy them at the PS Store. Guerilla put out six good DLC maps for KZ2. Hopefully they'll do the same soon.

Those snow maps would be awesome with 3D. Maybe next year when the TVs are a little cheaper.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 4:31pm
No I didnt get the 2 retro maps. I preordered but was cheaper not to buy the special edition (thats how it was packaged over here) at the supermarket -  like $15 cheaper. Ilooked for the DLC but as yet I aint seen it. Remember we're 3 days behind u guys. I tried to get wise and play guerilla because I finished campaign at 2300. So I thought 2 hours online then bed but I still managed to finish at 0300.
Warfare is like 5 games in 1? I'll go on later this week, if I get on I wont be going to bed till sunrise lol and I need to function during the week.

-------------

Posted By: ournemesis
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 4:54pm

I'd love to see KZ3 on a 3D TV.
I just recieved my panosonic 42" plasma 3-d tv yesterday but waiting for the glasses and the movie avatar that comes with it . Maybe before the weekend.Smile

-------------
cannon_nemesis iAM_Avenger GOW_Nemesis

Posted By: ThAtSmAtT
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 6:04pm
^^... i hate you.... lol

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 12:59pm
thats a nice tv, we sell a lot of 3d panasonics

Posted By: summ3rblink
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 3:09am
I have to say that imho this is the best mp game in four years. Took my whole weekend away LOL
The aiming is smooth, the character classes are well balanced and maps/modes are very good.

Though, there should be more medics involved and people should not respawn as fast as they do - but maybe this is going to be corrected as they did in Mag: they increased the amount of points got when healing was used.

Even the little spices, like ending and in game movie clips made in a way that they feature the top players of recent mach, are amusing.

Mag players would be at home with this, but the game may be too light for the most hard core http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKdPMqguDw8&feature=fvsr - Black ops players . But I think there's still a good audience for it Clap

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.72 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2011 Web Wiz - http://www.webwiz.co.uk