Forum Discription: by Gearbox Software
URL: http://www.iamgaming.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7370
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 5:10am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.72 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Borderlands 2
Posted By: JPINATOR
Subject: Borderlands 2
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 3:41pm

The first bit of Borderlands 2 details have come out of the latest issue of Game Informer.

Co-op will stick to four players, the magazine hints. A new set of protagonists will star, with the four characters from the first game becoming non-playable characters. The bearded dwarf fellow (above) is Salvador, the Gunzerker. His special ability allows him to dual-wield any weapon. You’ll take on dynamic story missions; for example, during a rescue mission, if you take too long and fail to arrive on time, the story will shape to your failure.

A new element, known as Eridium, has been added. While it’s not a weapon, it can be applied to other elements, such as guns or vehicle, to improve their stats. It’s also used as a form of currency.

Enemies will take on a much more varied form. AI’s been greatly improved. Bandits can access their own type of weaponry. Enemies, in general, are more responsive and interact better with each other. Non-playable characters are also improved; they’ll be up and about, moving around, offering players interactive dialogue.

Weapons from the first Borderlands will not appear in Borderlands 2. Gearbox is scrapping the weapons from the first game in favor of all-new weapons. Each gun manufacturer in-game will have their own themes — unique styling, colors, and personality, that is. Weapons will have custom decals and enhancements, as well. Some pickups will have temporary buffs. such as the cores in the original game’s General Knoxx expansion. The magazine makes no mention of gun crafting.

Vehicles are back, and with variety. One vehicle shown in the magazine is called the “Bandit Technical.” Another vehicle was shown with four seats.

The skill tree in Borderlands 2 will be similar to that in the first game. It uses a traditional 3-branch system.

If it wasn’t expected, Claptrap is back in some shape or form. On that note, the game is promised to be of epic scale.

Stay tuned.

-------------

Replies:
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 3:43pm
man oh man oh man!!! I can't wait! 

-------------

Posted By: Milly
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 4:12pm
hey i think i seen this before. do you know the expected release date..... do you want to know?

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 4:27pm
As of right now the release is expected for 9/1/2012 but it may get pushed back into 2013!!!

-------------

Posted By: Do_Or_Die_420
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 5:30pm
I think i'll probably end up getting this game, Borderlands was pretty fun for only a Co Op..

Posted By: InHuMaNe_KiLLa
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 5:38pm
Man thats a long ways to go for Borderlands 2 :( I want it to come out already!I still play Borderlands and have fun, its just that addicting!

-------------
PSN Tags - InHuMaN_KiLLa_v2 (for everything but UT3), InHuMaNe_KiLLa, KiLLa_is_QnL, GOML_-ScRuBz-
XBL - iMPuLs3 zV
wOa site created by me - woagaming.enjin.com

Posted By: BAIN
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 1:05pm
i hope that lady that made the lesbo love robot in Claptrap Revolution isn't included in this game. she was annoying. but i do hope there's midgets though.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 1:25pm
not really a Borderlands 2 trailer but still good.

[TUBE]UVCOoQIDrt0[/TUBE]

-------------

Posted By: jesse
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 12:44am
im guessing the best place to soon find upcoming news would be the site, borderlands2.com..you can already pre order it lol

-------------
shine on you crazy diamond

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 12:47am
I just want to experience playing this game with Apollo drunk... and in the middle of the game he passes out while you're busy killing and trying to defend his drunk passed out ass like what Bain had to do in the first Borderlands... one of the funniest gosh darn stories I have ever heard ever from playing! 

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 3:55am

dont think i was there for that bummer

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 3:02pm
[TUBE]ZZ73PKsWZ8c[/TUBE]

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 12:20pm
I was super excited to see the 11 page teaser in this months Game Informer of Borderlands 2. I wanted to dissect these pages and write down some of the new changes that are coming and share them to all you Borderlands fans.

Part of the new story is learning who the vault hunters were and are now. Lilith, Roland, Brick and Mordecai are now fully animated, they move around their locations, interact with their surroundings and respond to your action which means fewer cut scenes so players won't get taken out of the action. That means the original 4 won't be playable characters so we get to be introduced to new ones.

One of the new New characters, Salvador will have a dual wielding ability, like a timed rage mode similar to Bricks berserk mode which allows him to shoot two weapons independently using the left and right triggers. Any guns can be used, rocket launchers to mini-guns.

Enemies can now dodge incoming fire and traverse more complex environments.

During missions if the player takes too long to complete the plot, it will change, requiring them to deal with their failure in a later mission.

The article talked about some new enemies that will be introduced but the one that caught my eye was called the Surveyor.

A new droid (similar to the lance droids in Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC) dubbed the Surveyor can do more than attack, When alone on the battlefield surveyors deploy an energy shield that reflects incoming fire back at the player. If other robots are in the area, Surveyors switch to a supporting role, repairing injured allies with its energy bean.

The story missions in Borderlands 2 are about three times the scope of a single story mission the first game and they twist and turn throughout, your game playing is changing, your goals are changing

Bandit Technical is a new class of vehicle with higher resolution models and textures, better collision detection and the ability to "powerslide".

Four seats will be standard on all vehicles, like most of us that played the first one we either had to leave our friends behind or push them through the maps.

The skill tree will be back but will have features, more defined abilities as opposed to simple stats boosts.

A new element along with shock, explosive and corrosive damage called Eridium. Doesn't add any damage to the base attack value, instead the alien material augments other elemental damage. Along with it being a currency in Pandora. The most powerful weapons in the world can only be purchased with Eridium, which is scattered throughout the planet.

Class mods and artifacts are making a return. Class mods are aimed at introducing more tweaks to subclasses by allowing players to activate more skills in their skill trees while artifacts now act as a catch-all for any idea that didn't fit into the other systems. Artifact ideas include a chance players shots don't cost ammo, increases after burner length in vehicles and an aura of healing around the player.

Giving each firearm manufacturer its own sense of identity. For an example, Vladoff weapons feature the highest rates of fire, Hyperion weapons featured greater recoil reduction and accuracy.. etc. These features were in the original game but will be more apparent in the new one.

With the new Tediore guns, rather than reloading, the player can throw the firearm onto the battlefield, where it explodes like a grenade.

Guns can now have custom decals and enhancements.

The developer said it plans to fix some of the nagging problems in the original Borderlands including the cumbersome split-screen support and certain missions being ineligible for players depending on their level or place in the story.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 10:09am
i hope they bring back the Shredder Shredder. best gun in the game, imo.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 12:48pm
if somebody makes it, the shredder shredder was a mod gun..gettin irritated im almost on my second playthru on 1 again and i havent found one damn havok once i hit 50 i need you or jp to anne some weapons up, prefferably some havoks and my love, the twisted serpens

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

I just want to experience playing this game with Apollo drunk... and in the middle of the game he passes out while you're busy killing and trying to defend his drunk passed out ass like what Bain had to do in the first Borderlands... one of the funniest gosh darn stories I have ever heard ever from playing! 
LOL!!! he passed out when we were right next to an enemy camp. he was using his broken controller with the "auto-walk feature" and just going around in circles. they would respawn every five minutes so i couldn't wander to far away.

@ jesse. just let me know when and i'll hook you up. want a shotgun that does 20,000,000 damage?

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by BAIN

LOL!!! he passed out when we were right next to an enemy camp. he was using his broken controller with the "auto-walk feature" and just going around in circles. they would respawn every five minutes so i couldn't wander to far away.

@ jesse. just let me know when and i'll hook you up. want a shotgun that does 20,000,000 damage?

now thats funny, cant say ive done that before. passed out before i started playing before. woke up with a controller on my lap and starring at a title screen, but never while playing.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 1:24pm

no but i want someone to do my second playthru w me hint hint.. i have the goty edition so any time your free id like to copy all your pearlescents and havoks and put em in my bank. if you or jp are unavailable to help w my second playthru atleast play the last dlc with me when i get to that point my last system died right before it came out..man starting from scratch sucks ass i need those gearbox guns too if you still have em

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 2:38pm
i still need to do the 3rd armory mission. tried it with Zodi but he must have gone in the glitch room too because we couldn't get in the door.

i don't have any gearbox guns. i know JP has one at least. got the pearlescents though and a maybe few havocs.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 10:12am
too many boobies Gunja.. sorry 

-------------

Posted By: Iuckshot
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 10:13am
I was gonna say they've changed art direction since I've played borderlands

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/tridrokun" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 10:14am
LOL! I know, kinda thought the same thing... DAMN! 

-------------

Posted By: GunJaCrew
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 10:20am

too many boobies Gunja.. sorry 
But a good picture
and there was even a little censored.^^

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 10:35am
Well for any guy, yes it was a VERY GOOD PICTURE, unless he is gay...  but no, I saw nips and full on boobies so it wasn't censored that much. lol

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 12:05pm
did i miss something?

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 12:24pm
yup! muwahahah! 

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 1:31pm
damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------

Posted By: GunJaCrew
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 5:19am
[TUBE]ENyvxX_Eots[/TUBE]

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 6:37pm
Trainwreck and I orgasmed to this video

[TUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW7qO_wpfvk&ob=av3e[/TUBE]

-------------

Posted By: Fluffy Fluffington
Date Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 7:47pm
Release date ???

No Mordecai? No Bloodwing?!?!

The new characters better be good.

-------------
http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Sephiroth_V7
Date Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 8:14pm
At the end of the video it says September 18 Fluff

-------------

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 8:17pm
Cool thanks I'm doing this on a plane the wifi in flight is spotty and won't let me finish the vid

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 8:29pm
Your so high class sometimes. <3

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

Lol. Not today my friend I'm flying coach with the peasants.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 10:35pm
You know what cracked me up? Once you got bloodwing all skilled up, he always looked like a giant electric dildo flying through the sky

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

Lol. Not today my friend I'm flying coach with the peasants.

HOW DARE THEY PUT YOU AMONGST SUCH FILTH!!! No reason that you should be flying next to people that act and smell like Ether. I hope you showered!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 4:07pm
zero o_O dibs..probably..all the characters look sick! cept salvador

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 10:45am
Axton. got to have my turret.

[Image: 228px-SoldiernTurret_01.jpg]

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 5:23pm
Did you see that turret on the video? daaayum, looks like it's shooting rockets! I'm going to assume everyones going to be Axton.. because everyone always picked Roland because of his turret. 

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 8:33pm
I picked Roland because I didn't really care for the other characters. The turret was a bonus, lol.

Posted By: YINYANG
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 9:51pm
f***in badass

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 2:14pm

Did you see that turret on the video? daaayum, looks like it's shooting rockets! I'm going to assume everyones going to be Axton.. because everyone always picked Roland because of his turret. 
Roland's turret shot rockets but they were too small to see. I hope this turret heals people too.

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 2:25pm
Didn't it also give you ammo? I remember flying boxes whenever you put that thing down.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 3:51pm
Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 1:56pm
Why cant there be awesome game developers in Minnesota. Bain or anyone near Texas should hop on this! I would apply in a heartbeat!

Focus Testing at Gearbox Software

Focus Sessions at the Box - About the Program

Do you enjoy playing games? Did you ever want to tell a developer what you really think about their game? The Focus Testing Program at Gearbox Software is your opportunity to voice your opinion to our development team.

With the Focus Testing Program, local gamers get to come into our development office and play games before they are released. Focus session participants give us valuable feedback so we can make our games better. Come be a part of the development process.

Eligibility Requirements

• You must be 18 years of age or older and have a government issued photo ID.
  • You must be able to provide your own transportation to our office in the D/FW area.
  • You must be able to attend sessions during normal business hours (Mon-Fri, 10:00AM-6:00PM)
  • You cannot currently be or have been employed in the last year in the video game industry.

Why should you do this?

• You get to play games.
  • You get to have fun and discuss your play experience with other gamers.
  • You get cool stuff for coming in to our sessions.

-------------

Posted By: lDEATHl-MACHINE
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 4:45pm

Why cant there be awesome game developers in Minnesota. Bain or anyone near Texas should hop on this! I would apply in a heartbeat!

Do you enjoy playing games? Did you ever want to tell a developer what you really think about their game? The Focus Testing Program at Gearbox Software is your opportunity to voice your opinion to our development team.

With the Focus Testing Program, local gamers get to come into our development office and play games before they are released. Focus session participants give us valuable feedback so we can make our games better. Come be a part of the development process.

Eligibility Requirements

• You must be able to provide your own transportation to our office in the D/FW area.
  • You must be able to attend sessions during normal business hours (Mon-Fri, 10:00AM-6:00PM)
  • You cannot currently be or have been employed in the last year in the video game industry.

Why should you do this?

• You get to play games.

hey mega midway used to be right up the road from me n about 10mins from your house back in the mortal kombat days..  wish they were still hereCry

-------------
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 9:18pm
oh snap really? I would of learned to love button masher games in order to be a tester

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 11:08pm
yeah it was right here in eagan bout 3 mins from my house.  i know i was going to look into game development for school n career but there is no where around here to get a job even if i went though the program, and not to mention that the industry is flooded so good luck gettin a job n if you do it will pay sh1t at first anyway. 

-------------
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 8:36am
Yeah, I know the downsides of doing that buuut I wouldn't mind looking in Murderapolis, they do have a pretty well known gaming magazine company there Embarrassed That's my dream job right now

-------------

Posted By: Phenethylamine
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 6:18pm

Trainwreck and I orgasmed to this video

[TUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW7qO_wpfvk&ob=av3e[/TUBE]
it'd be cool if it had the original 4 + new 4   </3

dis new hoe look ugly  ):<   
Lilith > All

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 7:03pm
I know the original 4 will be in the new game, just not playable characters.. stupid AI .. but I agree about Lilith! Without the use of any modded weapons/shields.. you couldn't defeat Kramerax without her!

What I want to know is why that chick at :30 isn't a playable character ?!?!

-------------

Posted By: puertoRICAN
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 7:48pm
game looks goooooood brah
shall have it on day 1 

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 4:16pm

Axton. got to have my turret.

il probably do a single player campaign with him because he strikes me as the soldier whosgood with combat rifles and has ammo regen. but for our little group ya i got dibs on zero, he was my pick right after he stabbed that dude in the nuts in the video. lol. so me you jp, whos our 4th gonna be?

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 4:32pm
One rule... our 4th player has to pick Salvador, the dual gun guy, can't pick one of our characters.

haha Trainwreck, I had to watch the video again to see that in fact he sliced him in the nuts... good eye.. good eye

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 9:59am

Eligibility Requirements

Why should you do this?

• You get to play games.

yeah tihs would go over real good with my company, lol. but i know someone who would fit in perfectly if he's not too busy playing Twisted Metal.

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 4:28pm
Hel?

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 7:58pm
you know it, lol.

Posted By: OneMan1Army
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 3:15am
After I saw this video, I know i'll be using Salvador lol.
[TUBE]watch?v=jQF7GQjTjsM[/TUBE]

-------------
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 1:18pm
some one tell that guy he is terrible at gaming in general, every heard of "aim down site"? lol

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 4:55pm
When you picking me up to go to Buccas?

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 5:20pm

When you picking me up to go to Buccas?
oh boy here we go again, i told you i woud but you think ima stock you afta words lol.  i graduate in a month from microsoft school so lets go... i even looked up there specials one time cause i thought id get a date with you lol

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 10:22pm
oh so you can only take me when there is a special going on? a discount? If you take me out it won't be for a coupon date you cheap bastard! 

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 10:32pm

oh so you can only take me when there is a special going on? a discount? If you take me out it won't be for a coupon date you cheap bastard! 
no no no, if i take you out there will b no expenses spared.  plus i dont know if buccas has anything cheap lol. 

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 10:03am
FYI, this month's Game Informer has an article about the new characters.

Posted By: puertoRICAN
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 1:29pm

just read it yesterday, i want this game right meow. 

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by puertoRICAN

just read it yesterday, i want this game right meow. 
you still gots to gets the dlc for the 1st one.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 12:52pm
anyone read the little character sneak peek in this months GameInformer? I wasn't really mind blown with the info on Maya but Zero on the other hand, sounds more and more bad ass!!! 

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 2:40pm
enlighten me since i called dibs on zer0?

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 3:16pm

Maya

Like Lilith from the first game, Maya is a siren class character, but the phasewalk ability has been replaced with something called phaselock. At its basic levels this locks enemies in place, enabling crowd control. She'll suspend them in an orb of siren-y, phase-y, magic-y cool stuff. It allows everybody to shoot that person, because they can no longer fight back

At later levels, Maya can do even cooler things with phaselock. For example, if you put points in the helios skill, each use of the phaselock is joined by a damage-dealing explosion. If you'd rather focus on healing you can gain the ability to use phaselock to resurrect allies from a distance

Zer0

Easily standing out among the choices, Zer0 is a strange cyborg ninja who wields a sword. Enemies wont be dropping melee weapons, but zero has long-range capabilities as well. You can get a skill where if you hit someone with a melee it increases your gun damage and if you shoot someone with a gun it increases your melee damage. Then you can juggle between melee and guns until your shields go down and all of sudden you're doing a **** load of damage

Zero also has traditional stealth abilities including the ability to create a clone of himself to distract enemies and being able to go invisible at will. Hes definitely a character that's more about finesse. You have to plot and plan a bit more. His sword skills and his sneaking, Zer0 could be the most complex and interesting addition to the Borderlands 2 crew.

Axton

He may look like he has a lot in common with Roland, but Axton is actually a new  class call called commando. Though he also uses a turret, Axtons skills let him do crazy new stuff with it. You can spec into the longbow skill, which lets your turret basically teleport to a place and appear there rather than having to throw it down manually. Another skill allows you to latch the turret onto walls or ceilings.

Other things I read

Less cut scenes

All 4 teammates can join you in a vehicle, one person driving, one person in a turret and the two people can be in the bed of the truck shooting off whatever rounds they have from their own guns.  Sadly, the hovership that was shown in the official trailer remain exclusive to enemies :(

All the popular DLC characters will return, even the dead ones lol like Dr. Ned who of course has no relation to Dr. Zed LOL!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 3:19pm
There was nothing in there about Salvador, I'm assuming they'll keep him secret. 

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 3:27am
sounds like i picked a sick character=) this pleases me

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2012 at 7:15pm
Found this Q&A session on the official Playstation Blog about B2!

Can we expect better more consistent frame rate this time around?

That’s certainly the plan! We’re entering the phase of development right now where we are focusing on frame rate and stability, so it’s too early for me to give any final numbers, but you will see an improvement over the first game.

Can a second player on local splitscreen be logged in to a separate PSN ID and gain Trophies and stats?

We’re looking into this as well, but right now the answer is no.

The only important question: will voice communication be fixed? It was unusable in BL1.

Good timing – you’ll hopefully be pleased to know that a portion of our programming team is working on voice chat issues right now so they will be working for everyone when the game launches!

Will there be more character customization (individual skills, armor, etc) than in the first one?

You’ll be able to choose from a large variety of swappable heads/hairstyles/headgear in addition to choosing from hundreds of unique color and decal themes, and both together offer a ton of options for customization. As for skills, each class offers a bigger quantity and more interesting variety of skills to choose from in the skill trees.

Will vehicle-based gameplay be enhanced? It was fairly basic in the original game.

We’re introducing a new vehicle, the Technical, which can hold 4 players at once and also has a few weapon configurations to choose from. Some are better than others depending on the types of enemies you’ll face and the environment you’ll be fighting in. On the other hand, Borderlands is mainly a game about weapons and loot so we don’t want to force people to stay in vehicles for too long.

Will there be a shortcut button for health kits? Going thru your backpack sucks, especially during battles!

Yeah, that sucked. Pausing wasn’t really fun in combat. It was a tough decision, but we decided to remove carryable health packs and instead fill that need with new relics and shields that can help keep you out of that emergency state to begin with. The result is a more fluid combat experience since now you’re not worrying about when the best time to pause the game is and you still get that fun sense of preparing for a battle by choosing the right gear.

Health Packs will still appear and drop and they will now heal you up in the middle of battle.

What enhancements have you made to the weapon interface, inventory, and pickup system?

We have a completely new inventory screen and all of the other interface screens have received various upgrades. There’s a lot more useful data for gear comparison and also more descriptive text on the item cards as well. Having said that, the best way to know what a gun does is to use it – and some weapons are *very* special…

Money and ammo now automatically pick up if dropped from enemies as well!

Will the environments be more varied, instead of one big desert?

Absolutely! We’ve shown a tundra, cavern, grasslands, and Hyperion tech environments so far, but
there are many more in the game – I think you’ll enjoy the environmental diversity in BL2.

What are you doing to extend the variety of enemy types and combat encounters?

There are brand new enemy families in Borderlands 2, and the total count of unique enemies
(including special elemental variants with unique AI) is in the triple digits.
New environments + new enemy types and behaviors = much more varied combat encounters!

So when will we get the Mechromancer class and is it a exclusive to any version of the game?

We’re hoping to release her to the world as soon as possible – but we have to get the
game through the certification process as right now she only exists as a sketch and we need to finish up Borderlands 2!

The good news is that the Mechromancer will be compatible with all versions of the game and she will be free if you preorder at participating retailers through the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club!

Is the story going to be more cut-scene based like UNCHARTED, or more audio log based like
the original BL?

We’re mixing it up a bit this time: few short cut scenes (and title cards) where necessary, lots of in-game moments, ECHO logs, missions, and environmental storytelling – not to mention the significant NPC improvements we made so it doesn’t just feel like a cardboard cut out of a dude is sending you on a quest.

What’s great is that we catered it towards both audiences that love story telling through NPCs and those who prefer to go kick some ass! If you choose to do the latter, you can run off as the NPC is talking to you and the discussion will appear as an ECHO transmission. No chains attached!

Will we be able to use custom soundtracks on PS3?

No, but hopefully you’ll like the huge amount of new music we’ve composed just for this game!

Will there be any in-game bonuses in Borderlands 2 if you have a save file and completed the first game?

Yes, if we detect a save file from the first game on your console then you’ll be rewarded
with a unique swappable head and skin for every class!

Will the max level be past 69?

We’re balancing the game to cap at level 50; in the first game we ended up pushing the cap
to 69 through post-launch patches and DLC. I don’t have DLC plans for Borderlands 2 yet
but we tend to want to one-up ourselves each time, so… we’ll see what happens! 

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2012 at 7:17pm
I love the last answer!

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2012 at 7:21pm

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2012 at 8:07pm
how much is that?

Date Posted: 20 May 2012 at 9:21pm
Hopefully my basements done when this drops, i wont be a full time 4th with you guys but hopefully can get some games in with you guys, (Bain, JP, TW).... when it does drop let me know what characters you guys get and i'll pick the last one standing lol

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2012 at 9:57pm
If we do play I'll use a dif character because I got dibz on Maya.. obviously.. but to be fair, seph pick your character first and we can fight among the others.

Bain- there is actually 2 sets, the one I posted before is called The Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition is $149.99

Below is the second one called The Deluxe Vault Hunter's Collector's Edition which is $99.99

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2012 at 9:28am
LoL. $149.99 for a bunch of useless crap and a chest to store it in. Now if it had that nude pic of Lilith included  I might buy it.

Date Posted: 21 May 2012 at 5:38pm
I just want the bobblehead

-------------

Date Posted: 24 May 2012 at 7:45am
i want the 4 sticker set and the comic book download..............................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................................................

-------------

Date Posted: 24 May 2012 at 6:12pm
.......................................................................................................................................................

-------------

Date Posted: 24 May 2012 at 6:32pm
lots of dots

-------------

Posted By: Darkn3ss
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 7:18am
Commando Gameplay Vid here:

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2012/06/15/borderlands-2-commando-commentary" rel="nofollow - http://uk.ign.com/videos/2012/06/15/borderlands-2-commando-commentary

-------------
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 11:35am
Thank you darkness!!!

Bain this is a must see for you, they're talking about your guy. The ability to recall your turret is huge!

also look at 10:10 on the video and check out the explosion smoke & fire, it shapes a skull!!!  hahah bad ass!!!

-------------

Posted By: TX2k7
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 12:07pm
idk wat to make of this game, i think the graphics keep me from lookin at it as a serious game, looks cartoony i guees? um but anyway the gameplay iv seen also looks cool. i hope thy hv a demo or something to kinda test it out

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by TX2k7

idk wat to make of this game, i think the graphics keep me from lookin at it as a serious game, looks cartoony i guees? um but anyway the gameplay iv seen also looks cool. i hope thy hv a demo or something to kinda test it out

This game is an absolute riot Tx.
The graphics seem to be an issue for a lot of people although Ive always thought they were way cool.
gave it a graphic novel feel which i really like.

the only negative is that the first one had a REALLY anti climactic ending and the follow On DLCs were mixed at best. Sort of goldilocks one terrible 1 great and 1 in the middle.

This and AC3 are my most anticipated non MP games.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 12:44pm
I don't know why people have issues with the graphics. It adds a whole new feel to a FPS.  I agree with you fluffy about the DLCs, one thing I loved was the humor aspect, especially with Armory of General Knoxx, Chaz and Mr Shank! One thing I watched on that new video is that they are bringing back that sort of humor.

[TUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpExjJFMPiI[/TUBE]

[TUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC0W4kI_P6s&feature=related[/TUBE]

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 1:03pm
i don't know if i have a problem with the graphics its definitely different, but it makes me think of sly cooper so i hv a hard time seeing it serious but like i said it could b a good game just need a demo

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 1:21pm
you don't need a demo.. you just need our word of approval :D

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 1:43pm
lol nice

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 2:52pm
tx.. jus can it and buy it when it comes out sweet pea. have you played number 1

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by TX2k7

i had the same problem initially. but once i started playing i found out that the graphics were really awesome. they work together well with the humor of the game.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 12:04pm
I am Penguin and I approve this game

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 12:15pm
[TUBE]Z8cee-FvBV0[/TUBE]

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by OneMan1Army

[TUBE]Z8cee-FvBV0[/TUBE]
Lilith w/ wings O:

Maya and the Ninja look pretty badass  >.>

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 1:14pm
good videos everyone! i'm trading in UT3 for this game when it drops.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 5:41pm
Trainwreck, if you're reading this.. you better get a PS3 before this drops or I'm leaving you behind! 

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 6:46pm
Got dibs on Zero if you don't get a PS3 T-Dub lol

-------------

Posted By: GoDead
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 9:20pm
just letting y'all know, ima be on this game like kim kardashian on a football player :D

-------------
http://img100.imageshack.us/i/godeadbanner1.jpg/">
Only 366 days til yesterday!

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 10:37pm
GoDead Heart

It's your job to collect the bad ass modded weapons and give them to me, if they allow it like they did in the first one.

That shotgun you gave me that does 7832759823479234 damage has been copied so many times lol

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.72 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2011 Web Wiz - http://www.webwiz.co.uk