Date Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 7:33pm
i cant wait for this

[TUBE]GuG4FZNnuBA[/TUBE]

[TUBE]s7U-a9pJtHQ[/TUBE]

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: Hey_Look_its_Trendy
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 6:42pm
Demon's Souls was no doubt the best single player experience I have had in the past 8 years or so. Def gonna get this.

-------------
Islanders fan, huh? Team of the future I always say.

Posted By: Milly
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 12:20pm
i know its still early but if you've played it what do u think so far?

-------------

Posted By: Darkn3ss
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 2:54pm
:O This game looks sweet. Ill pick it up monday ;o

-------------
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 3:06pm
it is sweet. im still goin back and forth with which one i like better (Demon or Dark Souls). Theres dif things that they did with this one that i like and dislike, but its still early in the game so theres a lot to rate yet. ill wait til you get and play a little before i go into detail with it. dont want to ruin anything for ya. i will say just like demon souls it is a challenge for sure and youll be able to put a lot of hours into it.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 3:25pm
the longer the gameplay the better imo :) especially those types of games which last like 40 hours total and after that still never seem to bore me at all :)

I never played the Demon souls version, is that like a previous version?
Aigh Ill pick it up monday and play it for a bit. Then post what I think about it.

EDIT: is this coming for PC as well? lemme search Google.

-------------
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD

Posted By: ThAtSmAtT
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 6:10pm
after reading about this game and how brutally hard and awesome it seems... i really really really want to get this game :O

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 1:47am
Its amazing, plain and simple. I don't even really like RPG's but this has me hooked.

-------------

Posted By: SP61gTSupra
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 7:32am
Kinda pissed that my roomate and me both bought this game under the assumption that it used a huge server like Demon's Souls, while it's only P2P in it's stead.  We have tried NUMEROUS times to get into the same game, alas, hasn't, and more than likely won't happen.    Other than that, it's a solid game. 

-------------
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.

Posted By: Deadaim
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 12:19pm
game is amazing like the first one. i dont know which i like more but probably dark souls because its bigger

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 2:18pm
@ darkn3ss yea demon souls was the first one. the story is not linked tho. the gameplay is the same.

@matt this game is def one of the few single player games worth the money

@ supra your def right. i was hoping that was something they would change about the game, to be able to play with friends. the other thing about that i wish they would have fixed was lvl matching when playing with people. ive been able to summon people 10x stronger then me and have had people invade my game 10x stronger then me. kinda sucks to have someone do all the work for you. i want to play with people and it still be a challenge for us, and it really sucks when someone invades and kills u in one hit.

@ deadaim the game is def bigger because they went a more open world format. so you can kinda go where you want but it also has its draw backs in this game. its so easy to get lost or forget where ur shortcuts to get back are. last night i spent 30min in an area trying to get back cause i realized i was in a place that i should have been yet cause of how hard the enemies where, so i knew i had traveled to far without completing a section first. long story short, i spent 30min running around and dying when if i remembered where my shortcut was it would have been 5min and no dying. i must say tho they did an amazing job designing the world. how the made the world intertwine in itself so you will always have a shortcut to get back to certain spots. its just remembering where they all are.

another thing the open world cut out was the way you could make the stones to enter a lvl in demon souls black or white, and all depending what color you made them you would open new paths and enemies to awesome items in the lvl.

not sure if anyone else gets this way towards this game but it makes you so mad that you keep playing cause you have to show that ur better then the game and that you will beat it. its so addicting even just clearing a little area is so satisfying after dying so many times. i guess the challenge is whats so addicting not to mention it has great map layout, weapons, items, enemies, magic, and hard as hell bosses. it has it all.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 2:53pm
i recommend anyone who hasnt tried any of the 2 games in this series and wants to get involved in them, but just doesnt have the money for Dark Souls. Def get Demon Souls, its prob about $20 or less used and you wont be disappointed. Its may be a little more difficult now tho since it will prob be hard to find people to summon to get past some of the harder parts, but then again we are gamers here and should be able to figure out how to beat any game. plus people that play offline can do it, so it can be done.

-------------

Posted By: Zoltrekun
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 7:10pm
It's definitely possible, I play Demon's Souls offline whole time, now I'm on NG ++ and going for a platinum.

I must get Dark Souls ASAP, lemme just collect the money, and it will be the first thing I'm gonna spend it on!

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 11:24am
@ Milly.  Demons Souls server was shut down release day of Dark Souls.  Also love that when someone summons you, they have to heal you, not yourself.  -Lunchy

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 11:52am
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

@ Milly.  Demons Souls server was shut down release day of Dark Souls.  Also love that when someone summons you, they have to heal you, not yourself.  -Lunchy

sorry didnt want to call ya lunchy since i dont know ya, anyway

@ Lunchy ha. i didnt know the servers went down, and there is a way to heal urself. not sure how he was doin it. if he was using an item (not the flask) or if he was using a healing magic but a guy i summoned last night was healing himself. i kinda like that you have to be healed by the host if you dont have a way to do it urself. adds another element for the host to keep an eye on if he want to save them for himself or to use more of a team plan and use them to keep the team alive.

-------------

Posted By: hinterland
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 11:55am

Publishers handle the servers and Demon's Souls has a different publisher than Dark Souls (except in Europe). Atlus handles the North American Demon's Souls servers and they've promised to keep them up until at least 2012 (  http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/22/atlus-continues-demons-souls-server-support-into-2012/" rel="nofollow - http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/22/atlus-continues-demons-souls-server-support-into-2012/  ). Not sure what Sony is doing with the Asian Demon's Souls servers or Namco Bandai with the European servers.

-------------
Send your PSN friend requests to: hint-korp
http://unrealtournament4.com/

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 11:58am
Originally posted by hinterland

Publishers handle the servers and Demon's Souls has a different publisher than Dark Souls (except in Europe). Atlus handles the North American Demon's Souls servers and they've promised to keep them up until at least 2012 (  http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/22/atlus-continues-demons-souls-server-support-into-2012/" rel="nofollow - http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/22/atlus-continues-demons-souls-server-support-into-2012/  ). Not sure what Sony is doing with the Asian Demon's Souls servers or Namco Bandai with the European servers.

thanks for the info

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Milly

@ Lunchy ha. i didnt know the servers went down, and there is a way to heal urself. not sure how he was doin it. if he was using an item (not the flask) or if he was using a healing magic but a guy i summoned last night was healing himself. i kinda like that you have to be healed by the host if you dont have a way to do it urself. adds another element for the host to keep an eye on if he want to save them for himself or to use more of a team plan and use them to keep the team alive.

I'm pretty sure you cant use the flask as a phantom but you can still use healing spells.

I've had a few occasions where I've used phantoms selfishly and just let them die as I got into the proper position I wanted vs a boss. One thing I dont like doing is summoning a phantom for a non boss situation.. Its ussually me exploring the level at my pace and them already having done it and wanting to blaze right through.

I'm pretty far in the game though, I've rang both bells so far.

My character is a sorcerer.. a big difference from the ultra high dex katana wielding wanderer I used in Demon's Souls... but still getting good results vs black phantoms.. im 4-0 right now.. and I'd probably of run into more black phantoms but I dont spend all that much time in human form.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Deadaim

I'm pretty sure you cant use the flask as a phantom but you can still use healing spells.

I've had a few occasions where I've used phantoms selfishly and just let them die as I got into the proper position I wanted vs a boss. One thing I dont like doing is summoning a phantom for a non boss situation.. Its ussually me exploring the level at my pace and them already having done it and wanting to blaze right through.

I'm pretty far in the game though, I've rang both bells so far.

My character is a sorcerer.. a big difference from the ultra high dex katana wielding wanderer I used in Demon's Souls... but still getting good results vs black phantoms.. im 4-0 right now.. and I'd probably of run into more black phantoms but I dont spend all that much time in human form.

you def cant use the flask as a phantom.

yea i do the same thing i do my exploring and getting all my items by myself in hollow form. i always try and do the boss by myself before getting help. i like to help others tho too. so i might try it once by myself then ill lay my sign for some to try and help them. its a good way to get a strategy plan for when ur in human form.

i just rang the bottom bell last night (i already rang the top one). now i have to figure out if i need to keep goin forward or if i should go to were the door opened from ringing the bells. thats one thing about the open world format, its easy to wonder into a section ur not suppose to be yet and get ur ass handed to u.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 1:28pm
yep milly.. i wandered past the 2nd bell and you get stopped at one point by a sealed door.. but their is quite a bit you can do.. its rather hard though.

I would suggest heading to the forest if you havent already done all that.. or heading to Sen's Fortress.. thats where im headed next.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 1:37pm
yea i have been in the forest a little bit then seen a huge 3 headed thing that fired 3 magic things and i was like f this dont think im suppose to be here yet. ill prob go forward a bit to see if theres any good items then head back though all of it which will suck. i know i still have to beat that thing that throws lighting right before u enter the the woods. i usually just ran past him. so maybe ill try and beat him too on my way back.

is Sen's Fortress were the door opened from ringing the bells?

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 1:39pm
yep, thats sens fortress.

ive done everything in the woods besides beat that hydra your talking about and one other boss

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 1:43pm
yea im pretty sure i searched most of the woods but i seen him and i was like im outta here. plus i didnt feel like losing the souls i had at the time.

-------------

Posted By: RemY
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 5:27pm
just to let u guys know dont open the cell for the guy in golden armor. youre gonna regret it

-------------
name_is_clantag

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 5:38pm
o f*** i already did

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 5:40pm
he def seems shady and he did say our future was murky so i figured he would try and kill me at some point. dont tell me if he does but thats what im figuring.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 7:39pm

o f*** i already did

alright no worries. when you hit level 40ish head back to the first camp where that big ass bird dropped you off in the beginning of the game. At that level you should be able to see him there who didnt carry out his deed yet. Apparently what i think he does is kill EVERYONE in that area and most likely will kill the bonfire there. My friends went to the camp finding him standing there with everyone dead. Thus no more bonfire  at that camp, no more upgraded flasks. I tried killing him in his cell but i only did 5 damage to the guy with dual wield at level 20. So lvl 40 should be able enough time to kill him.

-------------
name_is_clantag

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 4:08am
I WANT THIS GAME.
GAME.. *ECHO*
GAME.. *ECHO*
GAME.. *ECHO*
GAME.. *ECHO*

BUT NO MONEY
NO MONEY.. *ECHO*
NO MONEY.. *ECHO*
NO MONEY.. *ECHO*
NO MONEY.. *ECHO*

-------------
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 9:24am
its funny PVP'ing people in this game when you can tell they never played demon's souls before. Some people are so bad at it.

I really havent come across a decent dueler yet.. im sure i will when i get into the darkwraiths covenant and spend all my time invading.

im close to beating the game for the first go round.. def going to beat the + version after.. for the build/armor/weapons I want to wear I need to be about level 180.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 10:18am
Originally posted by RemY

o f*** i already did

alright no worries. when you hit level 40ish head back to the first camp where that big ass bird dropped you off in the beginning of the game. At that level you should be able to see him there who didnt carry out his deed yet. Apparently what i think he does is kill EVERYONE in that area and most likely will kill the bonfire there. My friends went to the camp finding him standing there with everyone dead. Thus no more bonfire  at that camp, no more upgraded flasks. I tried killing him in his cell but i only did 5 damage to the guy with dual wield at level 20. So lvl 40 should be able enough time to kill him.

im pretty sure im already screwed, since ive been back there once already and talked to him a little and he wanted 2400 souls if i wanted some info. i didnt have it so i have no clue what he was goin to say. anyway im lvl 35 now and will be heading back soon. so ill stop at the closest bonfire first that way if i die i wont have to travel far to give it another go.

@deadaim holy **** im only lvl 35 and prob have a long way to go yet to get through the game. slow down!!! ha. that must be some pretty good armor if u have to be that high of a lvl. how many hours do u have in so far?

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 10:24am
and i havent invaded anyone yet. not sure if i will or not. so i take it dif covenants give you access to certain things only if ur a part of it?

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 10:57am
yes.. for instance the darkwraith covenant gives you an item with unlimited invading. and you gain rank by invading and killing players.

i think its a genius way for the developers to add dificulty to the game.

and ive played ALOT. im only level 60 right now but i know ways to level up quickly..

game is addictive.. ive played more hours of dark souls in the past week then ive played of every game combined (well basically just quakelive, thats the only other game i play) over the past 4 months.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 11:10am
I got the limited edition today :D
Includes a great art book as well.
Im siked (: Now inserting my disk.. (:

-------------
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 11:27am
^ nice
have fun. (be prepared to die :] )

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Darkn3ss is QnL

ur goin to love it and hate it at the same time haha. and yes be prepared to die A LOT!!!! o and be prepared to spend a lot of time wondering around to find the right place to be in and being in the wrong section and getting ur ass handed to you cause ur not a high enough lvl yet. thats happened to me a lot so far. doin the same sections over and over and over and over... ok u get the point.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Deadaim

yes.. for instance the darkwraith covenant gives you an item with unlimited invading. and you gain rank by invading and killing players.

i think its a genius way for the developers to add dificulty to the game.

and ive played ALOT. im only level 60 right now but i know ways to level up quickly..

game is addictive.. ive played more hours of dark souls in the past week then ive played of every game combined (well basically just quakelive, thats the only other game i play) over the past 4 months.

ok i got ya. thats what i figured but they didnt explain anything about the covenants. it was just like hey want to join. ok sure y not. i thought ur lvl was higher when u were saying what lvl u had to be for that armor.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 12:04pm
Yea its time to go BEAST MODE!!!

[TUBE]laALV16jP_Y&feature=player_embedded[/TUBE]

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 2:10pm

ur goin to love it and hate it at the same time haha. and yes be prepared to die A LOT!!!! o and be prepared to spend a lot of time wondering around to find the right place to be in and being in the wrong section and getting ur ass handed to you cause ur not a high enough lvl yet. thats happened to me a lot so far. doin the same sections over and over and over and over... ok u get the point.

Haha ikr. I jumped into the game, killed a couple o undead in the prison. Then I opened a door and walked into a room and holy f***.. some big f***ing demon called Asylum demon crushes through the wall and starts smashing me with his gigantic hammer. I think I died about 17 times before I figured out there was a tile on the ground saying:

GET AWAY

LOL and I found the gate on the left side x__x
But its a good game indeed. I just reached lvl 20. Started out as a warrior.
Classes are a bit disappointing though. I would have expected an archer class or somme :(

-------------
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 2:43pm

their is an archer class, Hunter.

and classes arent like some games.. I started as a Sorcerer but now im turning him into a warrior.. if you have the time to level up then you can pretty much be whatever class you want. Classes basically just affect your starting gear and some of your initial stats but really if you wanted to be an archer all you need to do is pump some points into dex and find a bow. I have several bows
http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Weapons" rel="nofollow - http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Weapons

scroll down to see some of the bows in the game. this website is a work in progress because the game is new and massive in size.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 8:33pm

I beated this fn thing above like 2h ago by luring him into the fire :P
So easy and so tricky lol.

Im now in Darkroot (??) those fn trees and golems damn..
And there is this FN FN FN ANNOYING Moth boss.

^ HOW THE HECK YALL BEAT HER?

-------------
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD

Date Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 9:18pm

Block/Dodge....Soul arrow....throwing knives, then when it lays it's head down, put the boots to it.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2011 at 3:52am

You can get the sword that those stone knights have, **** is broken in PvP

-------------

Posted By: Sephiroth_V7
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2011 at 4:31am

Kinda pissed that my roomate and me both bought this game under the assumption that it used a huge server like Demon's Souls, while it's only P2P in it's stead.  We have tried NUMEROUS times to get into the same game, alas, hasn't, and more than likely won't happen.    Other than that, it's a solid game. 

It only summons from local servers so if you go to summon someone you should be able to get him if hes in the same area where you write on the ground? Am i right or am i wrong? I've never played the game but just picked up this info from a friend of mine thats making me buy this game tmw lol

P.S. I'm drunk so excuse any bad grammar or spelling that may have come from that.

-------------

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2011 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

It only summons from local servers so if you go to summon someone you should be able to get him if hes in the same area where you write on the ground? Am i right or am i wrong? I've never played the game but just picked up this info from a friend of mine thats making me buy this game tmw lol

P.S. I'm drunk so excuse any bad grammar or spelling that may have come from that.
He lives with me, and we have tried many a times.

-------------

Posted By: Sephiroth_V7
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2011 at 10:42am
I was just wondering, i can see how it wont work. My cousin and i are going to try it, if we figure something out i'll let ya know. Sucks if you can't though.

-------------

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2011 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Hey_Look_its_Trendy

You can get the sword that those stone knights have, **** is broken in PvP

I started out as a warrior and im just lvl 22 now.
Im getting f***ed by those Stone Golems every time. Especially since one hit just takes away half my health :( And I can't use a longbow yet due to still low lvling.

What should I do? Should I level up more? 
Cuz all those forest demons **** on me right now.
Ionly  get those living trees down with 4 stabs since my strength is already 26 lol, but I do 23 damage with sword on that moth -_-

-------------
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 12:32pm
Easiest thing to do would be to get the Drake Sword. It doesn't scale at all, but in the early stages of the game it is very helpful. It should kill the tree things in 2 hits when u wield it with both hands. You can also just run past the stone knights and go straight to the moth.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 12:59pm
damn Sens Fortress is kicking my as with those stupid swinging axes and snipers and traps that i forget are there. i must have lost about 30,000 souls last night from dying and not being able to return to get them. i will get past that stupid tower of traps tonight. pissed me the f*** off.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 7:22pm
30000 souls ?? :O Wow. thats... pretty good rage material idd xD....

Add me on PSN Milly. We can touch each others bloodstaines lol.
I already saw a few real fn funny the other 'nite.
I think RemY or Seifer got knocked off a few times off that bridge (still first part) where the Dragon lures :P Haha that was hilarious xD

-------------
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 7:22pm

Easiest thing to do would be to get the Drake Sword. It doesn't scale at all, but in the early stages of the game it is very helpful. It should kill the tree things in 2 hits when u wield it with both hands. You can also just run past the stone knights and go straight to the moth.

Thanks Trendy. Where do I find that Sword?

-------------
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD

Posted By: Tacote_del_Orno
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 9:18pm
...lol had this game since release(preordered), and completely forgot about it XP(still unopened) well time to pop that cherry..woops i mean game in the ps3, should be hella fun

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 11:34pm

I think RemY or Seifer got knocked off a few times off that bridge (still first part) where the Dragon lures :P Haha that was hilarious xD

U saw me at sen's castle? i havent even gotten there yet haha i just got to blight town. also the drake sword, you get it by either shooting or cut the dragon's tail on the bridge on undead burg. where you meet that sunlight dude.

-------------
name_is_clantag

Posted By: Seifer
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 3:42am

you can see random players bloodstains too. also if anyone needs any weapon/armor info. just post I have the guide. it tells stats for every upgrade path on weapons and locations.

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 12:58pm

as already said, u get it from the dragon guarding the bridge after beating the first boss. the easiest way to kill him even tho u do not have to, to get the sword. is to take the path under the bridge there is also a ladder u can knock down that will take u back to the first bonfire in undead burg. anyway while under the bridge u can see his tail if ur on the right side edge. simply take out our long bow and have at it. it is a lengthy processes and u will need plenty of arrows but you will get the Drake sword and 10,000 souls upon killing him. aim for the base of his tail.

and yes i did get past Sens Fortress last night like i said i would. first try too actually. couple tips while not giving away what to do. make sure u have a long bow and a lot of arrows. just max them out at 999 if you like cause let me tell u they make it a hell of a lot easier. make sure u search around i found 4 rings or so rings in that area. also kill the giant throwing the fire pots before you try and fight the boss or you will have to contend with both and its no pretty. there is a spot you can snipe him with the long bow. another thing there is a chest in a room that if you follow the rolling rocks you can get into when your inside the building. DO NOT OPEN IT!!! its actually a monster that will basically chew u to death. you can hit it and he will get up and you can fight it but do not try to open it. lastly and maybe the most important. there is one bonfire really close to the end of the area. you can find it while at the second spot that the giant throws the fire pots. first he throws it at the spot where you have to run up the steps and across that spot. well the very next spot he throws the fire you will see a section of the wall is broken. walk up to it and if you look over the side you will notice a little ledge if you walk off with a bonfire on it. that is very important if you dont want to break ur tv from getting pissed. o **** and one more thing that is very important as you get towards the end (just about to the top of the tower) youll see 2 cages. there is a key that you can find not to far away that will unlock the cages. use it and it will take you back to the very first bridge you cross in the beginning of Sens Fotress. then get back in and head to the top again. youll notice that the other one has lowered now as u went back up. you now have unlocked the shortcut to bypass the entire tower and go straight to the top or to the beginning.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 1:11pm
and if you want more details on my previous post id be more then happy to post them, but i know some people dont want to know exactly what to do but are always up for things to look out for.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 1:34pm

U saw me at sen's castle? i havent even gotten there yet haha i just got to blight town. also the drake sword, you get it by either shooting or cut the dragon's tail on the bridge on undead burg. where you meet that sunlight dude.

I think its near the Undead Burg idd. not Sens Castle. 

Under that bridge where that dragon is, you can walk past over a few small trims and run into a few of dem poisenous rats. Thats where a hilarious bloodstain laid. Someone had walked the trims and this rat came out his chamber running and knocked him off into the nothingness xD
Guess it was Seifer then xD

-------------
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 1:36pm

as already said, u get it from the dragon guarding the bridge after beating the first boss. the easiest way to kill him even tho u do not have to, to get the sword. is to take the path under the bridge there is also a ladder u can knock down that will take u back to the first bonfire in undead burg. anyway while under the bridge u can see his tail if ur on the right side edge. simply take out our long bow and have at it. it is a lengthy processes and u will need plenty of arrows but you will get the Drake sword and 10,000 souls upon killing him. aim for the base of his tail.

and yes i did get past Sens Fortress last night like i said i would. first try too actually. couple tips while not giving away what to do. make sure u have a long bow and a lot of arrows. just max them out at 999 if you like cause let me tell u they make it a hell of a lot easier. make sure u search around i found 4 rings or so rings in that area. also kill the giant throwing the fire pots before you try and fight the boss or you will have to contend with both and its no pretty. there is a spot you can snipe him with the long bow. another thing there is a chest in a room that if you follow the rolling rocks you can get into when your inside the building. DO NOT OPEN IT!!! its actually a monster that will basically chew u to death. you can hit it and he will get up and you can fight it but do not try to open it. lastly and maybe the most important. there is one bonfire really close to the end of the area. you can find it while at the second spot that the giant throws the fire pots. first he throws it at the spot where you have to run up the steps and across that spot. well the very next spot he throws the fire you will see a section of the wall is broken. walk up to it and if you look over the side you will notice a little ledge if you walk off with a bonfire on it. that is very important if you dont want to break ur tv from getting pissed. o **** and one more thing that is very important as you get towards the end (just about to the top of the tower) youll see 2 cages. there is a key that you can find not to far away that will unlock the cages. use it and it will take you back to the very first bridge you cross in the beginning of Sens Fotress. then get back in and head to the top again. youll notice that the other one has lowered now as u went back up. you now have unlocked the shortcut to bypass the entire tower and go straight to the top or to the beginning.

Thanks Milly. Problem is, im already past that dragon and already past the blacksmith into the forest. I still cannot wield a longbow because of low leveling and I think I get f***ed when trying to attack him straightforward with a sword.

I guess ill level just some more to be able to wield that longbow :)

-------------
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 1:54pm
im getting close to beating it the first way through.. have 3 bosses left i dont wanna kill them yet till i take care of a few other things.

when you get to this point in the game (im level 95), it becomes very easy to farm souls.. i have a trick i sort of invented with a friend that ive been doing in Anor Londo, its about 600,000 souls/per hour.

i just got the best spell in the game, Dragon Breath.. requires 50int to even use it.. and i also got the crystal soul spear.. which does about 1200 with 1 hit.

ive put in about 40 hours so far.. i dont play games that much but demon's souls was one of my top 3 games ever and i knew when dark souls came out i was gonna go nuts on it.

oh btw.. as far as that Kmart deal.. where i got a $20 dollar coupon for buying dark souls.. they are now doing that deal with Batman Arkham City.. cept its $30 dollar coupon. I went and bought the game, returned it 2 hours later unopened and got to keep my $30 dollar coupon.

skyrim is going to cost me $5.00.. hustlin!

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 1:34am

I think its near the Undead Burg idd. not Sens Castle. 

Under that bridge where that dragon is, you can walk past over a few small trims and run into a few of dem poisenous rats. Thats where a hilarious bloodstain laid. Someone had walked the trims and this rat came out his chamber running and knocked him off into the nothingness xD
Guess it was Seifer then xD

**** that did happen to me hahahaha

-------------
name_is_clantag

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 2:02am
LOL hahah so it was you xD

-------------
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD

Date Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 3:50am
i just beat that naked spider lady b****. is there a black smith near blight town? 

-------------
name_is_clantag

Date Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 5:01am

i just beat that naked spider lady b****. is there a black smith near blight town? 
the closest blacksmith is the 1 in new londo ruins. you can take a shortcut in blight town that takes you straight to it.

Date Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 5:04pm
wheres that at?

-------------
name_is_clantag

Date Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 6:59pm
the shortcut? if your coming from quelaag's domain (naked spider lady lol) stay on the left side of the swamp. you should see a water-wheel, use the walkway to get to it then ride it up. after that you have to climb a few ladders but it should lead you to the valley of drakes. just keep heading left to reach new londo and the blacksmith.

Date Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Seifer

the shortcut? if your coming from quelaag's domain (naked spider lady lol) stay on the left side of the swamp. you should see a water-wheel, use the walkway to get to it then ride it up. after that you have to climb a few ladders but it should lead you to the valley of drakes. just keep heading left to reach new londo and the blacksmith.

fashooooooo

-------------
name_is_clantag

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 6:53am
My friend got over a million souls in 12 minutes...

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 12:26pm
so everyone quit playing this game already?

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 1:00pm
I don't really have the time to play it.
Besides, I'm stuck in that forest :( 
I need my little brother to help me out first xD

-------------
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD

Posted By: -NocTuRnuS-
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 1:36pm
I got this game yesterday.
Gonna try it out later.

-------------
xNocTuRnuS-EXz_ForestTemple

Posted By: Ppareja76
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 5:47pm
Just got this game a couple weeks ago, awesome game! Here's a questions for those of you who have been playing it longer? Is it better to reinforce your weapons or level up? I'm currently in blight town but I'm having a tough time with that Queelag lady spider. I just reinforced the drake sword +1 but it takes 10000 souls to do so and frankly don't feel like finding another 10000 souls... I will if I have to. My current level is 34.

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Ppareja76

Just got this game a couple weeks ago, awesome game! Here's a questions for those of you who have been playing it longer? Is it better to reinforce your weapons or level up? I'm currently in blight town but I'm having a tough time with that Queelag lady spider. I just reinforced the drake sword +1 but it takes 10000 souls to do so and frankly don't feel like finding another 10000 souls... I will if I have to. My current level is 34.

first let me see if i can help you with Queelag. are you trying to beat her as a human or undead. i would strongly suggest human. on ur way to fight her as a human you should get invaded by Mildred Maneater. she is strong but her attacks are slow, basically get close so she swings then dodge, hit her once or twice then back off and recover ur stamina. ok after beating her and still being in human form you can now summon her right before you enter the Queelag fight. she wont beat the boss, but you can use her as a distraction for Queelag. Mildred will stay alive for must of the fight but will die at some point more then likely before you beat Queelag. i suggest using a close range tactic when Mildred is alive then when she dies using a ranged tactic with soul arrows if you have learned them.

the trick with her and any boss is to figure out what set of attacks they have. i want to say Queelag has 3. her sword attack, her lava attack and her rear attack (kinda just slams her rear down if ur directly behind her. what u have to pick up on is what the bosses body does before the do an attack. just about all the bosses do this. you can stun her if you are able to hit her directly in the front (her human body). it will only last for a couple secs but will allow you to roll backwards out of the way. good luck and hope that helps.

now for leveling. it really depends on what ur trying to do and ur play style. if you looking to just gain some fast hit power the leveling ur weapon is the best way at first. cause you can get at least plus 4 hit points in the most basic weapon. when u might only get 1 or 2 by leveling ur player. you can go to the Blacksmith right before the Darkroot Garden and lvl ur weapon up there and by the basic shards to lvl ur weapon up to lvl 5. not the Drake sword tho since that uses dragon scales. its 800 for 1 shard then another 200 for the weapon. if your finding ur running out of stamina to quickly but ur doin some good damage then i suggest you lvl ur player first.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 7:15pm
o and 2 more quick tips.

when fighting Mildred, dont try and fight her in the swamp. it will be much harder then it needs to. as soon as she invade run back into the tunnel that the bonfire is in. that way you wont be slowed by the swamp and wont have to deal with the stupid flying bugs. you can just focus on her.

this one is for the game in general, if you know your not goin to be hit cause the boss is distracted or you have gotten that good at dodging their attacks. dont be afraid to change to holding ur weapon with both hands. that little bit of extra hit power each hit will go a long way in a boss battle. be careful tho cause with no shield up some bosses can kill you in one hit. try when your behind a boss to quickly switch to 2 handed, then when they are goin to turn around or use an attack switch back to one, so you can have your shield ready just incase.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 8:17pm
Thanks for the info. I've been fighting her as the undead. Haven't try human yet. I do have humanity but didn't want to chance it with Queelag and lose it. I will try next time tho...

I haven't seen Mildred yet but now I know why. I have figured out Queelag's move but she always gets me with her jump. Soul arrows is a magic spell, right?

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 9:13pm
yea you will only encounter mildred when ur in human form.

yes Soul arrows is a magic.

-------------

Posted By: chisox666
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 1:12pm
This game is the best RPG I have ever played in my life. I still don't understand how humanity works, lol. Anyone know where a good place is to farm souls?

-------------
get fragged

Misery Index - Heirs To Thievery

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 1:31pm
I agree with you chisox666! How far have you gotten?

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by chisox666

This game is the best RPG I have ever played in my life. I still don't understand how humanity works, lol. Anyone know where a good place is to farm souls?

what lvl are you? and where are you at in the game? there are 2 good ways to farm but its easier for me to recommend which way to use by knowing what lvl u r and where ur at in the game.

yes this is one of the best for sure. i have played through 3X. would have finished a fourth but i started to play ACR since i had it on my shelf unopened for over a month. thought it was time to crack it open. im sure ill go back to Dark Souls once i get through single player on ACR.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 12:05pm

I agree with you chisox666! How far have you gotten?

i just beat the butterfly in Darkroot garden. I went into Blighttown first, but decided to go to Darkroot garden instead because I kept getting poisoned by those darts and needed moss clumps (i think) from the ents ( the tree enemies in darkroot garden) to counter the poison.

As far as level goes, I'm on 49 I think. My highest stats are Vit, End, and Dex, all 22 with Strength close behind at 20. Don't really remember what everything else is. I use virtually no magic, lol!

I've been playing the game hallowed for the most part, but am going to try and play as a human more so I can get invaded finally:) I wish you were given your life back after beating a boss, instead of just when you consume humanity.

-------------
get fragged

Date Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 12:10pm

what lvl are you? and where are you at in the game? there are 2 good ways to farm but its easier for me to recommend which way to use by knowing what lvl u r and where ur at in the game.

yes this is one of the best for sure. i have played through 3X. would have finished a fourth but i started to play ACR since i had it on my shelf unopened for over a month. thought it was time to crack it open. im sure ill go back to Dark Souls once i get through single player on ACR.

Holy sh!t on being on your 4th playthrough! I'm on soul level 49. I just started farming souls recently by running a lap behind the crested door in darkroot garden, getting the guys there to chase me and then they fall off the ledge, usually netting me 7k souls in 2-3 mins, but sometimes that damn mage just doesn't want to follow you which will lengthen the process!

So, where else can i find lotsa souls mighty quick? Anything in this game like that storm level from Demons Souls where you could rack up 20k souls in a few mins by using the storm sword? That'd be nice!

-------------
get fragged

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 1:34pm
Anybody have a good strategy on how to beat the Red Dragon? I can't shoot him to death with arrows because he keeps healing himself. Trying to melee him is a PITA too. I can manage to get a couple of melee hits on it's head by standing off to the left side (after getting it to come forward by shooting one arrow) but then I die once it's starts breathing fire. Help!!

-------------
get fragged

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 2:07pm

Holy sh!t on being on your 4th playthrough! I'm on soul level 49. I just started farming souls recently by running a lap behind the crested door in darkroot garden, getting the guys there to chase me and then they fall off the ledge, usually netting me 7k souls in 2-3 mins, but sometimes that damn mage just doesn't want to follow you which will lengthen the process!

So, where else can i find lotsa souls mighty quick? Anything in this game like that storm level from Demons Souls where you could rack up 20k souls in a few mins by using the storm sword? That'd be nice!
Looks like you found a good way to farm souls in the darkroot garden. I was actually going to mention what you mentioned.

By Red Dragon, are you talking about the dragon that drops the Drake Sword? if so, the way I was able to beat him was to sit by the edges where the fire cant hit you. When he comes towards you, get behind him and chop away. I actually passed him and didnt come back to fight him till i had strong enough weapons and armor. Im about to go thru my 3rd walkthrough and still think he was the toughest boss out of the entire game. 

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 10:59pm

Looks like you found a good way to farm souls in the darkroot garden. I was actually going to mention what you mentioned.

By Red Dragon, are you talking about the dragon that drops the Drake Sword? if so, the way I was able to beat him was to sit by the edges where the fire cant hit you. When he comes towards you, get behind him and chop away. I actually passed him and didnt come back to fight him till i had strong enough weapons and armor. Im about to go thru my 3rd walkthrough and still think he was the toughest boss out of the entire game. 

Sounds like I need to get some stronger armor then I'll come back and try again. I'm still using the original armor I was given as a Wanderer!

-------------
get fragged

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 12:37pm
sorry been a bit busy, but ill get u a response about farming souls up tonight. yea u def need to use some better armor. do you just not have anything better or just havent really checked what u got in inventory? you said you were set up as a melee character right?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 12:26am

sorry been a bit busy, but ill get u a response about farming souls up tonight. yea u def need to use some better armor. do you just not have anything better or just havent really checked what u got in inventory? you said you were set up as a melee character right?

I have the Elite Knight Armor now which I'm using along with the Drake Sword and Knight Shield. It's an ok setup, but still not what I want for where I'm at in the game.

-------------
get fragged

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 12:36am
ok there are a couple ways to farm souls. one is the way you are already doing it. to do a lap in Darkroot garden and have the Hunters fall of the cliff. here are some others.

1. joining the http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Darkwraith" rel="nofollow - Darkwraith covenant. this covenant always you to invade other players game whenever you want and also if you are killed in their game doesnt make you lose anything. i def suggest if you want to use this method that you do it in you first play through. reason being you have to go through the Four Kings boss to get it. now while there are hard on the first they may become thee hardest boss in the game on the second play through and beyond. i have heard that from many people and would prob agree with them. so def do this one on your first play through if your thinking you want to use this method.

2. this one you can do one of 2 ways. you can do it as a hollowed or human form. you are goin to want to set up PvP cause you will be fighting other human players in this method as well, but in this one you will have some help. unlike if you invade using the darkwraith covenant. ok so go to the door you opend with the crest in the Darkroot garden. as a hollow go to the bottom of the steps lay your summon sign. basically wait to be summoned, just about everyone that summons at that spot is farming souls. the way it works at that part of the Darkroot garden is whena human comes the Hunters covenant summons people to attack them. when you are summoned you and your summoner will continuously be invade by players that are part of the Hunters covenant. when you kill them you will get how ever many souls they are carrying. you can do the same thing in human form only you will be the one summoning and when you get killed you will drop your souls and have to pick them up again.

3. the third one is much like the second but right before the end of the game. after filling the lordvessle with all the souls needed the big doors will open and you will go down a flight of steps and then a little platform. lay your summoning sign down on there. you will get invaded by human players in a little bit of time. if you are in human form try using the item that attracks phantoms may speed up the process.

4. this one is simply just setting your summoning sign in front of the boss at Anor Londo. its an easy spot to get to once you open the door way to the building its in. plus people are always looking for help with that one and its a fair amount of souls as well.

i have never used the darkwraith covenant method but out of all the other one the 2nd one is the best one to use. plus its fun to PvP with someone on your team. ive had many of times it was actually a 2v2 cause they Hunters can summon more then one person to invade you or your summoners game. hope that helps and if you need more details let me know.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 12:45am

ok i was goin to mention the elite knight armor cause it easy to get. dont rememebr if you said you have been through Blight town. if not go through there and ring the second bell by beating the spider lady. follow the path down and the go out the doorway to the next area. cant remember then name but has lava. follow that to the right and go through the fog. dont worry the big thing will not attack you til you grab the armor. the back corner this is an item which is an armor set. it is one of the best all-round armor set you can get, and its even light in weight. i actually still use the bottom part of that armor set now mixed with some others and im lvl 140 something i think. that will def help ya.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 11:34am
Has anyone been able to get the sword from the wolf?

Posted By: Zoltrekun
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 12:06am
Just finished this masterpiece a few days ago.

-------------

Posted By: Iuckshot
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 7:27pm
After a very successful petition to port Dark Souls to PC I now notice a lot of outcry at the fact that a small company with other projects to attend to and no experience in Pc games isn't able to really improve the performance compared to the console versions, and that this is a dealbreaker

(along with complaints about a pricetag of 40 euro being very high; even though it includes ~10 hours of new content)

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/tridrokun" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 7:39pm
Yup, Dark Souls on PC is 6h1t. Why? Because they couldnt make detailed area's smoother.

Btw, new expension called "Dark Souls: Prepare to Die" is on its way.

Side note: Dro, that might be the new content your talking about.

-------------
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD

Posted By: Iuckshot
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 7:55pm
Yea, Pc version gets that content included
I hope there'll be a demo of sorts so people can just try it out before dismissing it

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/tridrokun" rel="nofollow">

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.72 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2011 Web Wiz - http://www.webwiz.co.uk